[Q] Hboot 1.58 to 1.49!?!?

Search This thread

pugsnotdrugs741

Jun 5, 2014
I'm a little new to the whole ROM scene so this may seem a little noobish, but I want to get the Liquid Smooth ROM but i have to downgrade my Hboot from 1.58 to 1.49 and I've looked all over and i cant really find a sure fire method. Right now I am unlocked, I have S-on, and 4ext. I'm just lost and confused after i got my phone stuck in a boot loop(which I fixed thankfully)

Even a point in the right direction would be nice

Last edited:

Dvdxploitr

Mar 8, 2011
I'm a little new to the whole ROM scene so this may seem a little noobish, but I want to get the Liquid Smooth ROM but i have to downgrade my Hboot from 1.58 to 1.49 and I've looked all over and i cant really find a sure fire method. Right now I am unlocked, I have S-on, and 4ext. I'm just lost and confused after i got my phone stuck in a boot loop(which I fixed thankfully)

Even a point in the right direction would be nice

You're going to have to perform the "Wire Trick"....it sounds scary, but I got it done in just a few runs of the program....it comes down to timing....here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRj47iFQvbE

Brian706

Oct 29, 2012
I'm a little confused here... So you have a gsm?

Hboot 1.58 is a CDMA hboot, and hboot 1.49 is a gsm hboot.

Obviously an RUU is dependent on which model you have which I'm unclear on at the moment, and also, it will make a difference on which hboot you downgrade to.

I'm pretty comfortable with the CDMA model, but am not familiar with all of the gsm information.

Can you post the information on your bootloader screen and also run a fastboot getvar all and copy paste that information as well?

Don't post your imei though... It will be present in the getvar all.