A bit of Ice Cream on the A500 :) New Alpha posted 12-7-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
OK guys this is not a battlefield. Kiss and make nice.

Thanks in advance OP spark some early interest and we will see this soon.

Picolini

Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix
Awesome stuff, I can't wait to check out ICS. Good luck, hope you can get a decently releasable build soon.

And I hope you can get a newer computer so you can pump out it out quicker. I'd loan you mine for the compiling if it were possible, lol.

tweeker404

Jul 10, 2011
Wow keep up the great work.

Haven't checked in here in awhile and was pleased to see this thread.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

blucmal

Nov 13, 2011
very exciting !! :) dev can I ask it the UI as smooth as some of the reports I have read its on par with ios and windows phone 7.

djh816

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2009
very exciting !! :) dev can I ask it the UI as smooth as some of the reports I have read its on par with ios and windows phone 7.

Nobody will know yet. Getting it to boot without errors is the first step. Then we need to get graphics hardware acceleration which will get it smooth like what you are talking about. Also, yes it is supposedly much more integrated into system calls so more apps should natively be using hardware acceleration for smooth transitions now.

jackie099

Jun 24, 2010
www.099.im
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Been doing some work on Ice Cream Sandwich for the A500. It's still a huge work in progress but it is starting to work. :D

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

Things working:
Touch screen (Thank you again RaYmAn)

Things not working yet:
WiFi.
Bluetooth.
Bunch of other stuff.

Thanks to:
DJ_Steve - for initial system build.
RaYmAn
mrdeadlocked
fards
Zerofeel

There is no ETA for this to be out and I might even get beat by another dev but it will happen sooner or later.

Here is a very early alpha build of the ROM.
http://downloads.tabletroms.com/blazingwolf/ROMs/Acer/stocktouchfixnewsystem.zip

Even with the help of others smarter than me I have been unable to get WiFi working. Maybe someone can get it working. :) Please realize that it has multiple issues and is nowhere near ready for everyday use.
I think you can talk with Roach2010. He made ASUS tf101 to ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Been doing some work on Ice Cream Sandwich for the A500. It's still a huge work in progress but it is starting to work. :D

Things working and in the ROM:
    Touch screen (Thank you again RaYmAn)
    WiFi.
    Bluetooth.
    Live Wallpaper
    ICS Bootanimation from JaeKar99
    Root Browser (free version) from jrummy
    Superuser from ChainsDD
    Sound

Things not working yet:
    Google Talk
    Calendar Sync
    Video
    Task Switcher
    Still has green overlay (shut off transitions to minimize this)
    Bunch of other stuff.

Thanks to:
    DJ_Steve - for initial system build.
    RaYmAn
    mrdeadlocked
    fards
    Zerofeel
    Iced Cube
    digetx

There is no ETA for this to be out and I might even get beat by another dev but it will happen sooner or later.

New version of AcerCream (12-7-11):
    http://downloads.tabletroms.com/blazingwolf/ROMs/Acer/AcerCream126b2.zip

Gapps for AcerCream:
    http://downloads.tabletroms.com/blazingwolf/ROMs/Acer/AcerCreamgapps.zip

Please realize that AcerCream has multiple issues and is nowhere near ready for everyday use.

Update 11-29-11:
    Still working on the freaking wifi (even while at work :-o). Hoping to get it at some point. Not sure what I'm doing wrong yet.

Update 11-30-11:
    WiFi is now working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update 12-1-11:
    Bluetooth now works. Thanks RaYmAn.

Update 12-7-11:
    Audio now works thanks to digetx.

Acer A500 kernel with touch screen fix repo: https://github.com/blazingwolf/Acer-A500-Stock-Kernel-with-touchscreen-fix-for-ICS

Acer A500 device tree: Pulled to remove items from thor2002ro.
    @everyone,

sorry for being quiet but I have been working (See above). I also have a family and it's getting closer to Christmas so I'm busier than ever right now. In fact, I have to leave in a minute to attend my daughters Christmas party at school.

So, the issues I have been having and the busy family is keeping things held back right now. I'm hoping to have good things coming as soon as I can.

Please be respectful to one another and don't start any fights. Thanks.
    have progress) seems found place which causing green/red overlay
    Extremely alpha build posted in the OP. Don't expect anything to work correctly. WiFi is still not working but maybe someone smarter than me can get it going.
    Yes! YES! YES!

WiFi now works!!!!!!!!!

As can be seen in the photos. :D

I still have lots of work left though.

By the way. The old version I have posted is a bit different then what I am currently working on. That uses a stock tegra build while this is from a device tree meant for the a500. I still have proprietary files in it right now but once i figure out how to correctly remove them and put them in another location I will post the repo.

The changes in this version do not require the editing of the source code either. :)

Special thanks to IcedCube and digetx for their assistance with this.