CM9/CM10 UNOFFICIAL Ice Cream Sandwich/ Jelly Bean for Legend

Search This thread

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
( I have posted less than 10 posts, so I can't write in the dev section. )

Stupid question : is it using Holo?

And, if it is based on CM9, it is rooted, isn't it?

If WiFi works, I'm SURELY going to try this!

Knorre

Dec 20, 2010
I installed it yesterday. Wifi works, it uses Holo, hat root and performs better than I expected.

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
Thx.

I' ve put it on. It's really laggy, but it works!

It's a good start, but if this is the best performance the legend can give, I think I won't ever change definitevly to ICS. Maybe it can be optimizated for the Legend hardware to become smoother.

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
Thanks for testing, but it has not got hardware acceleration yet. For testing purpose, you could overclock it up to 787 MHZ safely, and the overall performance get better notably.

Thx.

It's a good start, but if this is the best performance the legend can give, I think I won't ever change definitevly to ICS. Maybe it can be optimizated for the Legend hardware to become smoother.

Last edited:

Caifan09

Aug 2, 2010
Morelia
Yea is pretty smooth overall eventhough hardware aceleration is not working, this port looks really promising,

AlexS_xda

Feb 24, 2012
Tried it yesterday and in My view its the smoothest ics ROM ever tested.i had some fcs but will try Tor correct rights via rommanager.if GPS is working i will use this one.its a must Have for me.

Sent from my Legend using XDA

Last edited:

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
Thanks for testing, but it has not got hardware acceleration yet. For testing purpose, you could overclock it up to 787 MHZ safely, and the overall performance get better notably.

I'll try keeping it on for more time. By my first impression, it doesn't look so buggy, I think it is also quite stable. I'll tell you if I find anything.

Anyway, this is a great ROM, thanks for your work!

EDIT : Stupid question : to install GApps I have to flash the zip, right?
EDIT 2x : Yea, it was a very stupid question. Flashed from clockwork recovery. Works perfectly.

Last edited:

AlexS_xda

Feb 24, 2012
Its getting better and better. :D but still GPS not working. Hope you get it fixed soon. ;)

Realy great job!!!!!

zivilist

Jan 1, 2012
really good job. Just need GPS and Camera.
Hoping for 2.5 soon...also hoping based on Android 4.0.4.

Last edited:

DareFace

Dec 7, 2010
I have a problem with the latest 3.0 version.

After i flash gapps i keep getting boot loops.
If i dont flash it and just flash the rom it boots fine.

Dont know what the problem is. Can someone help me?

zeubea-cm-9.0.0-ALPHA3.0.1 and Google Apps

I tried install this ROM multiple times today, everything works until i install gapps (full or tiny). After that phone enters infinite boot-loop (HTC logo on white background).

Radio 7.13.35.05
Bootloader HBOOT-1.01 (S-ON)
ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0

Edited @ 08:31PM GMT+2
After installing gapps over gapps works as a charm. That's weird...

Last edited:

kegge

Apr 5, 2012
I had the same bootloop problem until I installed another kernel that Zeubea provided. It's till get some fc's, mainly for clock and email, but the email still works, clock is inaccessible atm.

It's even better than cm 7.2RC1, running oc'ed at 787mhz :D! It's so smooth and beautiful. Let's hope that the gps and camera will get fixed soon. If I had capabilities to donate, I so would do it.

Thanks Zeubea! The Legend community loves you, keep up the wonderful work of making our ICS dreams come true when htc can't and won't deliver.:D

MarkInDaPark

Feb 17, 2012
The reason for bootlooping is the clock issue.
The default clock in 3.0.0 is 806MHz - something every Legend doesn't handle, so it bootloops.
The 3.0.1 version has this "problem" fixed.

haribos

May 10, 2011
I faced another issue releted to sounds. I change both ring and notification sounds and after some time i realise that they are reverted to default!

nielsek1

Apr 10, 2011
I have this weird thing where the danish keyboard force-closes.
It's everytime i type the word "lige". It doesn't do it with the english keyboard :confused:
I've tried to turn off the spelling correction, since it's in english, and there isn't a danish one, but it doesn't help.

Other than that it's great :D

Dookieaces

Apr 8, 2012
Singapore
bootlooping after flashing cm9 gapps, possible fix

boots up normally after flashing the zip in CWM, but after flashing gapps it bootloops, and after awhile of countless flashing i discovered it bootloops even before flashing gapps, so i tried different step to flash it and finally it boots up normally, here's what i did :

1) full wipe, dalvik cache and cache partition, factory reset
2) flash the main cm9 zip
3) full wipe, dalvik cache and cache partition, factory reset (again)
4) flash gapps (not tiny version)
5) reboot, if it boots up normally thats great, if not its ok, continue to step 6
6) boot into CWM
7) dont wipe or anything*
8) flash the main cm9 zip
9) instead of rebooting device, continue by just flashing gapps (not tiny version)

this were the steps i did to fix the bootloops after flashing gapps, apparently the gapps tiny version is not compatible with cm9 on the htc legend thats why i stick to the normal gapps file, i hope this helps anyone of u experiencing the bootloops after flashing gapps :)

Reactions: m@ttie
I have some kind of problem with wifi connection. If "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is set to "Only when plugged in". After I wake up phone wifi is turned on it cannot find any networks.

EDIT: Logcat trimmed to "network|wifi|power|conectivity" http://pastebin.com/pdUAbfDy

And terminal emulator displays an error "Unfortunately, Terminal Emulator has stopped" when I try to open it.

EDIT: Logcat http://pastebin.com/ChRUu3jS

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Data2Ext Sript and S2E For ICS 4.04

GREAT ROM ! HARD WORK ! THANKS ZEUBEA !

Ok, here is my test with Data2Ext Scripts and S2E:

First, S2E is working great,

In Play Store, search for S2E

( Don´t install it, if you use Data2ext Script below this: )

BUT IT CAN BE BETTER WITH A Data2Ext Script:

IMG_0904.JPG

Quadrant Benchmark Score: 1250-1270 ( 825 Mhz OC ), with 787 Mhz~ 1150

Install Manual:

1. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

2. Activate via adb shell or terminal:

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

or only in terminal after update:
    su
    data2ext --enable

3. Restart phone and the ext partition is in your internal memory included

4. Go again in recovery and flash the other file htc... .zip

THATS ALL ! After that restart and the Super fast ext partition is in your internal memory included :)

And so it boosts the performance.

WOW !

GREAT ROM.

THANKS ZEUBEA !

Greetings

Fabian

Thx.

Did you check if your internal storage space has increased? If not, I worked like this:
    1a. Boot into recovery-> Click "advanced" -> Click "Partition SD Card" -> (You may choose another value, but I have a 8gb card, so I clicked 1024MB) -> Click the amount of MB's you want in your Internal Storage -> Click 0MB Swap Size -> Let it be busy for a while! ( Then I did a reboot (don't know if it's required) and did the other steps)

1b. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

2. Activate via adb shell or terminal:

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

or only in terminal after update:
    su
    data2ext --enable

3. Restart phone and the ext partition is in your internal memory included

4. Go again in recovery and flash the other file htc... .zip
    It will be merge in next syncing with Cyanogenmd . Anyway, a europe server is provided and it is advised in OP you must set up your gps.conf. This update has not implies in gps overall working, although is better having it, of course.

I was wondering the same thing. In my case zeubea rom behaves like CyanogenMod 7.1 before the release of the patch linked.

Thank you zeubea