[ROM][GB][PORT]Huawei Ideos X5 - Xperia Style ROM v1.1 (2.3.5)

Search This thread

Djuganight

Oct 26, 2012
As you said, miui and cm7 by Forumber don't have this feature. Lol :confused:

Just installed this rom and is working very well.
I have tried to install the base rom (PaulMilbank for his clean B528 ROM) and crashes which is rather odd.

Couple of issues:
- Although I chose the Portuguese language, its all in english.
- Wifi tethering doesn't work, not even with barnacle

Last edited:

hung.ngomanh

Aug 28, 2012
Đà Nẵng

Attachments

• volume_wake_flashable.zip
    257.2 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: nayneshdev

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
Afaik All gb miui and tmc cm have volume rocker wake. The flashable zip works flawlessly but can only be flashed with cwm and not with twrp.

Sent from my U8800 using xda app-developers app

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Afaik All gb miui and tmc cm have volume rocker wake. The flashable zip works flawlessly but can only be flashed with cwm and not with twrp.

Sent from my U8800 using xda app-developers app

MIUI and CM are modded ROMs; they have extra features. This Xperia ROM is based on official Gingerbread, which doesn't have this Volume Rocker Wake feature.

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
MIUI and CM are modded ROMs; they have extra features. This Xperia ROM is based on official Gingerbread, which doesn't have this Volume Rocker Wake feature.

And i thought CM is the way google wanted Android to be, i didn't know that volume rocker wake was an extra feature added to GB. I think it is already present in stock froyo though.

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
And i thought CM is the way google wanted Android to be, i didn't know that volume rocker wake was an extra feature added to GB. I think it is already present in stock froyo though.

If it is present in the stock froyo then it must be the problem with the original Xperia Style ROM.

Anyway, I have added the Volume Rocker Wake to the ROM, but I will not release the next version with only this mod. I need more things to fix!

MtG92

Jan 31, 2012
Lisbon
If it is present in the stock froyo then it must be the problem with the original Xperia Style ROM.

Anyway, I have added the Volume Rocker Wake to the ROM, but I will not release the next version with only this mod. I need more things to fix!

It is possible then for you to add volume rocker's twin brother, the function to skip songs with volume press? It's a native function in CM but isn't present in stock ROMS. Thanks.

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
I'll try, but I would have a lot of extracting and editing to do. Building from source is much easier because everything is extracted :D

zjlow1314

Jun 10, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
How can I revert to normal CM7.2 slide lockscreen or stock lockscreen?
Also the Security Lockscreen got forced close in Pin, Password.. only Pattern working :)
And this is the most stable ROM that I using all in the forum. Thanks for the great job, but I hope u can help fixing the force close part or maybe a way to let me revert back to slide lockscreen!

Last edited:

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hi Rqmok

I know its been a while you updated this to 1.1, any chances of updates for this ROM 1.2 or 2

thanks

Hi!

Unfortunately, my u8800 is not with me anymore. So, I cannot test this ROM if I update it. Also, I have moved on to more advanced development.

If you are skilled enough, maybe you can take up this project. But, I am not sure if this ROM even needs an update, because it is quite stable, and everybody is going towards CyanogenMod 11 by Blefish, which is an excellent project.

mohammad.nomaan

Nov 11, 2012
Manama
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hi!

Unfortunately, my u8800 is not with me anymore. So, I cannot test this ROM if I update it. Also, I have moved on to more advanced development.

If you are skilled enough, maybe you can take up this project. But, I am not sure if this ROM even needs an update, because it is quite stable, and everybody is going towards CyanogenMod 11 by Blefish, which is an excellent project.

Thanks for your quick response.

cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Huawei Ideos X5 - Xperia Style

Description

Hey guys! This is my first ROM! I know everyone wants Jelly Bean right now, but I was practicing how to port ROMs. I thought I would share this ROM with you guys. This ROM is a port of the Xperia style ROM made for Huawei Honor. Believe me, this is a great little GB ROM.

What Works

Everything! (It should be)

What Doesn't Work

Opera Mobile (will replace)
    Nothing else (Unless any of you find something)

Bugs

Somethings don't fit on screen (like on the main screen; the icons on the bottom are too far down) (because the ROM is ported from Honor; it has a bigger screen)
    Anything else you peeps find.

How to Install

Note: I had partitioned my phone from the beginning, so I don't know if it really needs to partitioned. I think it would be best to partition your phone.

Partition

1. Download partition.zip and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Go to recovery
    3. advanced > Reboot Recovery
    4. Wipe data factory set
    5. mounts and storage > format /system
    6. advanced > Reboot Recovery
    7. "install from sdcard" and select partition.zip

To return to stock partition, download this and use the steps above to flash it

Flash ROM

1. Download ROM and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Go to recovery
    3. Wipe Factory Data Reset
    4. Wipe Cache Partition
    5. advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. mounts and storage > format /cache, /data, /system
    7. advanced > Reboot Recovery
    8. install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > choose the ROM and install it
    9. reboot system
    10. Enjoy!

Changelog

v1
    Initial Release

v1.1 (please do a clean install)
    Remove Opera
    Added Maxthon
    Enabled Task Manager (Now the awesome Huawei Task Manager works by long-press home button!) (Also added screenshot)
    Enabled HDR in Camera
    Fixed icons on launcher (Now you can see icons on the bottom of home screen) (thanks to scux for guidance)

For better experience, please enable animations by going to Settings > Display > Animation > select All animations

Screenshots

shot000001x.jpg

shot000002h.jpg

shot000003u.jpg

shot000004z.jpg

shot000005.jpg

shot000006.jpg

shot000008.jpg

shot000009.jpg

shot000010a.jpg

shot000013.jpg

shot000014.jpg

shot0000020.jpg

shot000002.jpg

Download

Download v1
    Download v1.1

Credits

SerJR2D2 for making this ROM
    PaulMilbank for his clean B528 ROM
    Huawei for making official ROM
    ...and everyone else who wants to be credited! ;)

Not that good...

How's the battery life on this rom?

I Tapped your thread....from my iPhone.

The battery life isn't that good. Would last 2 days Maximum!

But I will add new kernel to improve battery life (possibly forumber.kernel).
    Hi guys, I'm modified position of icons on launcher.
    I tested in the SDK emulator, because my phone is broken.
    So I do not know how it will work on your mobile.:)

Download:
    home.apk
    Hmmm...

I think changing the pixels in that launcher causes other apk's to crash, because they have a different resolution. I think the resolution in the other apk's would need to be changed as well.

And by the way peeps, I will have to fix this graphical issue before I release the next version. I have already made some changes to the rom for the next version, this little graphics bug is the only thing left to fix.

Thanks for the help scux.
    Editing the HTML code. Add the hide tag.

Thanks! :D