[Q] Can't return to stock firmware

Search This thread

theplaypig

Dec 27, 2013
Currently S-OFF and UNLOCKED.

Just ran a 4.4.2 RUU via zip, rom is back to stock, but recovery isn't working, red triangle.

When I try to flash the firmware.zip, it returns
E:\Tools\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash zi
p firmware.zip
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
sending 'zip' (42459 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.955s]
writing 'zip'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 2.990s

I also tried extracting the boot.img and recovery.img and flashing them separately, but I still get the red triangle when trying to enter recovery.

Need to return my HTC One to 100% stock to fix the purple camera issue, tried everything I could find, please help!

(Warranty expires in a week)

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
An RUU.zip has to be run as follows, not from recovery

Make sure the RUU.zip is in your adb folder.

adb reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip ruu.zip

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. *You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark. *When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

PS the red triangle is stock recovery
(Power button + volume up to enter recovery ).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: theplaypig

theplaypig

Dec 27, 2013
PLZ HELP

adb reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. *You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark. *When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

Just tried running both the firmware.zip and ruu.zip flash commands twice, same result!

Still can't return to stock recovery(the really simple one).

Current specs:
*** LOCKED ***
M7_U PUT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-HTC__621
HBOOT-1.56.0000
RADIO-4A.23.3263.28
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.20.709.14
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Names of the files I used

firmware.zip [MD5:19c0fd52eb90d6e60ff2a6e9c1ee035a]
RUU_M7_U_K44_SENSE55_MR_hTC_Asia_TW_4.20.709.14.zip [MD5:04110c3e9152faf91ba661e68b34ec42]

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Post a fastboot getvar all minus imei no and serial no. Post links to recovery's you have tried and links to RUU'S. and also commands you have tried to flash recovery and RUU's

Why was you trying to flash a firmware.zip.

Also if your trying to return to full stock for warranty purpose, your phone needs to be locked not relocked and you must also remove tampered.

Follow this guide to achieve this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

And also look here for stock rom

http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/

Last edited:

theplaypig

Dec 27, 2013
Post a fastboot getvar all minus imei no and serial no. Post links to recovery's you have tried and links to RUU'S. and also commands you have tried to flash recovery and RUU's

Also if your trying to return to full stock for warranty purpose, your phone needs to be locked not relocked and you must also remove tampered.

I'm trying to flash a firmware.zip because I failed at flashing the stock recovery individually.

Commands... I used just the usual ones, but tried them all at different states: LOCKED, RELOCKED, UNLOCKED...

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache

LOCK/UNLOCK from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475914

Also this corrupted data partition thing by Mike of ARHD: http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.tw/2013/10/fix-data-htc-one.html

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.20.709.14
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__621
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4106mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I can successfully flash TWRP recovery, but no luck with any other stock recovery...
(flashed the extracted boot.img from the same firmware.zip before flashing the recovery.img)

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Isn't it supposed to be a very simple menu?

If it is stock recovery, how do I use it? I tried pressing POWER+VOL_UP as mentioned above but it just kept rebooting!

stock recovery:

2llnf3s.jpg

2v3pxn6.jpg

to get to this menu:

97lkpu.jpg

you need to briefly press POWER + VOLUP (or POWER+UP+DOWN), you may need to try a few times to get the timing correct.

theplaypig

Dec 27, 2013
Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Here's a video: http://youtu.be/jUMIhA_mKE4

I had to downgrade my hboot from 1.56 to 1.44 to get S-ON, I suppose I should upgrade it to the latest version so it matches everything else?

Edit:
I followed this guide: http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/

that video show's correct (stock) bootup and powerdown animations, but a (possibly) modded bootsplash.... that would be partition mmcblk0p13 and can't be flashed without S-Off
though an RUU should have taken care of that!!

PS: I say possibly, because maybe your version (HTC__621) is supposed to be like that.

theplaypig

Dec 27, 2013
that video show's correct (stock) bootup and powerdown animations, but a (possibly) modded bootsplash.... that would be partition mmcblk0p13 and can't be flashed without S-Off
though an RUU should have taken care of that!!

PS: I say possibly, because maybe your version (HTC__621) is supposed to be like that.

I ran the RUU via zip not exe, maybe that's the issue? I think I'll have to S-OFF again to fix it...

And the hboot part? Should I upgrade it to a matching version for a valid warranty?

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I ran the RUU via zip not exe, maybe that's the issue? I think I'll have to S-OFF again to fix it...

And the hboot part? Should I upgrade it to a matching version for a valid warranty?

doesn't matter if it was a ruu.zip or ruu.exe both would/should change the bootsplash... can you check the zip if it has "splash1.nb0" that would be the bootsplash.

ruu (zip or exe) contain everything so hboot and bootsplash should already by stock.

maybe it's just supposed to be that way for you??

theplaypig

Dec 27, 2013
doesn't matter if it was a ruu.zip or ruu.exe both would/should change the bootsplash... can you check the zip if it has "splash1.nb0" that would be the bootsplash.

ruu (zip or exe) contain everything so hboot and bootsplash should already by stock.

maybe it's just supposed to be that way for you??

Checked the RUU zip and it doesn't have the bootsplash, a simplified version of RUU I guess...

So I decided to run a RUU exe, which should be more complete and thorough, 100% back to stock.

But since I couldn't S-ON yesterday, I downgraded my hboot from 1.56 to 1.44 (I thought upgrading it back to 1.56 would be simple).

Now I can't get S-OFF to run the RUU exe(can't use revone because it doesn't work with my version of something),
and some things don't match when I try to run it with S-ON.

I can't find any newer version of RUU or the latest hboot for download.

Overall, I ****ed up pretty bad and I think I'm about to send it back regardless of warranty...
Returning to stock is a lot harder than I thought, all this time put in to fix the purple camera thing...

antchang

May 27, 2015
playpig, i have the exact same fone as you and i also want to unroot my fone. can you please tell me where you found the stock recovery and how u unrooted your fone? thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb reboot-bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot reboot

Just ran a 4.4.2 RUU via zip, rom is back to stock, but recovery isn't working, red triangle.

That is the stock recovery!!
    Isn't it supposed to be a very simple menu?

If it is stock recovery, how do I use it? I tried pressing POWER+VOL_UP as mentioned above but it just kept rebooting!

stock recovery:

2llnf3s.jpg

2v3pxn6.jpg

to get to this menu:

97lkpu.jpg

you need to briefly press POWER + VOLUP (or POWER+UP+DOWN), you may need to try a few times to get the timing correct.
    Thanks I just looked it up and it's working. It was correct the whole time, I went full retard.

no problem :)