Karbonn A9+/A21/CM Flare Development Thread

Search This thread

rhyrhyrhy

Nov 7, 2012
good day sir yashogel, in a few days i will be having a smartphone that is a rebranded Karbonn A9+ sold here in our country and I would try to have it rooted, rest assured I will be notifying you if I would have a successful root, I do have a quick question sir, do you have CWM and ROM MODS for the Karbonn A9+? Thank you very much

acerkumar

Jun 10, 2012
I was also used this to root my LG optimus one working greatly

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

YaShGoHeL

May 6, 2012
Wankaner
www.galaxyminiclub.org
good day sir yashogel, in a few days i will be having a smartphone that is a rebranded Karbonn A9+ sold here in our country and I would try to have it rooted, rest assured I will be notifying you if I would have a successful root, I do have a quick question sir, do you have CWM and ROM MODS for the Karbonn A9+? Thank you very much

No i cant find any CWM or Custom roms for A9+ surely if our phone is popular than we will also get it.

datvichrox

Mar 10, 2011
3.5mm aux output issue - need help

I have a problem with my A9+. I hope you can help me identify if this is a design issue or an isolated case.

I am not able to play audio continuously using the 3.5mm jack connected to my car aux input or to my PC speakers. It keeps stopping intermittently.

Please see this video I have uploaded demonstrating this issue.

youtube.com/watch?v=UV_2TJ3y4nw

Also, if I connect a standalone 3.5mm aux cable to the mobile, there's no headphone connected icon and music plays through built-in speaker. In other phones, the audio is routed through 3.5mm jack as soon as aux cable is connected (headphone icon appears)

Can you please try the above scenarios and update?

Works fine on headphone though (any headphone)

YaShGoHeL

May 6, 2012
Wankaner
www.galaxyminiclub.org
I have a problem with my A9+. I hope you can help me identify if this is a design issue or an isolated case.

I am not able to play audio continuously using the 3.5mm jack connected to my car aux input or to my PC speakers. It keeps stopping intermittently.

Please see this video I have uploaded demonstrating this issue.

youtube.com/watch?v=UV_2TJ3y4nw

Also, if I connect a standalone 3.5mm aux cable to the mobile, there's no headphone connected icon and music plays through built-in speaker. In other phones, the audio is routed through 3.5mm jack as soon as aux cable is connected (headphone icon appears)

Can you please try the above scenarios and update?

Works fine on headphone though (any headphone)

ya i see that i have d same problem orignal samsung headphones and karbonn headphones works while some headphones not working.

Sent from my Karbonn A9+ using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: saqlainrattansi

rhyrhyrhy

Nov 7, 2012
oh ok, thanks anyway, I was also wondering how long has the A9+ been out since it was released on the market, I bet it has just been very recently? (if that's the case it would be the reason why it hasn't been tinkered with yet that much)

datvichrox

Mar 10, 2011
ya i see that i have d same problem orignal samsung headphones and karbonn headphones works while some headphones not working.

Thanks for updating.

I just got a response from another forum as well that it is a well known issue with this mobile. This should have been highlighted as there's no reason it should not work with any type of aux cable. This is poor design. If you can, please try with PC speakers as well.

I have an idea for an adapter that might make this work, to make the phone think that it is connected to standard headphones. I will try with 3-pin jack and see if it works.

Also found this review on flipkart:
flipkart.com/reviews/RV0W5DN799JM0Z25H

He's facing the aux issue too.

Last edited:

YaShGoHeL

May 6, 2012
Wankaner
www.galaxyminiclub.org
Thanks for updating.

I just got a response from another forum as well that it is a well known issue with this mobile. This should have been highlighted as there's no reason it should not work with any type of aux cable. This is poor design. If you can, please try with PC speakers as well.

I have an idea for an adapter that might make this work, to make the phone think that it is connected to standard headphones. I will try with 3-pin jack and see if it works.

Hmm i will try. Thanks XD

shanky64554

Nov 9, 2012
Hyderabad
pre-rooted

I bought this phone on 7th November

when I executed the unlock root file and pressed on 'Root', it said that my device is already rooted. But When accessing root folders or getting apps that require root access, it says I don't have root access. I checked it with the root checker app and is says "Sorry, your device is not properly rooted". I installed es file explorer and there is a file names 'su' in system/xbin/

so is my device rooted or is it not?

help?

m.arun_kumar

Jul 17, 2012
Chidambaram / Chennai
If this method fails try this

this device is not rooted.
If u want to root install antutu benchmark and antutu CPU master
Go to test option
Press over clock
It will lead you to unlockroot
Root and enjoy

Sent from my Karbonn A9+ using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

YaShGoHeL

May 6, 2012
Wankaner
www.galaxyminiclub.org
I bought this phone on 7th November

when I executed the unlock root file and pressed on 'Root', it said that my device is already rooted. But When accessing root folders or getting apps that require root access, it says I don't have root access. I checked it with the root checker app and is says "Sorry, your device is not properly rooted". I installed es file explorer and there is a file names 'su' in system/xbin/

so is my device rooted or is it not?

help?
It says its rooted then press again root then you get perfectly root on your karbonn a9+.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Karbonn A9+/A21/CM Flare Development Thread !

This is development thread of Karbonn A9+/A21/CM Flare you can get all the information about your device's custon roms,Tips,tutorials,etc by using this thread ! :laugh:

:good: If this thread helpful to you then don't forget to press thanks.;)
    Here you go . . .

CWM for CM Flare / Karbonn A9+ reformats boot partition, but instead of reformatting boot partition 8, it reformats partition 3. When this happens, phone will not boot, even fastboot mode. Upon powering the phone, you will get the message ENTRY QPST DOWNLOAD.

To fix this, we need to restore a working backup of partition3. Partition3 is FAT16 partition and contains AMSS.MBN and AMSSHD.MBN. It does not contain IMEI info. Your IMEI will be preserved if you will follow this guide accordingly.

Requirements –
    Acronis True Image – The backup partition3 I will provide is created using Acronis. You will also need Acronis to restore this backup partition to your phone. I used Acronis True Image 2013. Don’t ask me where to get Acronis.
    Backup partition3 – make sure that the file you have is Partition3sector_full_b1_s1_v1. If the filename does not match, it means I did not provide that file. There is a chance this will cause further damage. Proceed with caution.

Steps –
    Power on Flare, it will show ENTRY QPST DOWNLOAD
    Connect Flare to PC, install drivers if prompted. Use the PCDRIVERS.ZIP included with your Flare. I have also included it here.
    Open Acronis True Image. (Picture1)
    Click on Backup and Recovery > Browse for Backup. (Picture2)
    Navigate to where you saved the backup partition3. Press Add to Backup List. (Picture3)
    Press Recover > Disk recovery options. Put a checkmark on Recover sector-by-sector. Press OK. (Picture4)
    Make sure source and destination is the same 40MB. Be careful on this one, if done incorrectly it will cause further damage. Press Recover now. (Picture5)
    Wait until recovery process is complete. (Picture6, Picture7)
    Press Restart after recovery is completed. (Picture8)
    Disconnect Flare from PC, remove / reconnect battery.
    Reboot Flare and enjoy!

DO NOT USE THE FORMAT BOOT FUNCTION OF CWM. It formats partition3 instead of partition8.

credits to ryanrudolf, opaw ko aka ako si opaw (for the idea), newbie (for confirming IMEI partitions)

Mediafire link - http://www.mediafire.com/?aw70ct34hr1910y
    Recovery Compiled

Hey guyz

The recovery is compiled.
    As I can see it is of 10.05 mb my be flashable.

I dont have any tester online right now.
    add me on gmail as fast as you can
    eklovyadutta@gmail.com
    Compilation of Custom ROMs and stock ROMs for our CM Flare / Karbonn A9+. Flashable via Stock Recovery, no need for AIO, Fastboot, drivers etc etc. Just copy to your microsd and flash flash flash and away! Useful for those who cannot install fastboot drivers (computer shop, XP SP2 etc etc), and for newbies who are not yet familiar how to flash manually. Hope you find this useful.

Ported ROMs for Stock Recovery Flashing:

BetterFlareBuild37.zip
    Flared04.zip
    galaxyFlarev3Rock.zip
    RSROM04.zip
    SoundTripMode16.zip
    v31noroot.zip
    v31root.zip
    v37root.zip - still uploading
    Xperia_ICSv37.zip - still uploading

Requirements -

Microsd
    Stock Recovery
    CWM - if using CWM, copy the file to your internalsd, not to the microsd.

Steps -

Download the ROM you want.
    Save the ROM to your microsd if using stock recovery.
    Save the ROM to your internalsd if using CWM.
    Reboot to recovery. Power off flare, hold VOL+ and POWER, keep holding until RED screen appears.
    Use VOL- , navigate to APPLY UPDATE FROM EXTERNAL STORAGE, then press POWER.
    Select the ROM you have downloaded that you want to flash, press POWER.
    Wait for the process to be completed.
    Once completed, highlight REBOOT SYSTEM NOW, press POWER.

NOTES:

This will not modify your recovery.
    This will perform factory reset automatically, to eliminate issues after ROM flashing. It is recommended to perform factory reset after flashing a ROM, this does it automatically.
    It will not erase contents of your microsd and internalsd.
    Backup your apps before flashing if you dont want to redownload them again.
    After flashing, first boot will take a while because of the factory reset.

KNOWN BUGS:

I cant get the splash img to install automatically. Manually install the splash img from the zip file. Use fastboot or AIO. I have included the code for splash img flashing, you may or may not encounter the bug. This does not affect the functionality of the ROM. Splash img is the CM logo, no bearing.
    EDIT - based on feedback, the splash img is working properly.

CREDITS to the ROM maker, I just ported it for stock recovery flashing.

Download link, check back from time to time, still uploading v31root.zip and v37root.zip, plus my own version of Xperia ICS . . .

http://www.mediafire.com/?abj3h9ee7kuwv
    New Roms By Philippines guys !

Hello Every one , i found two awesome ROM that have been made and been upgraded weekly !
    I'm using XFLARE and it's a beauty, really beauty !
    the link for XFLARE : Sharp versions base from kernel v41 ---- By Khimnell16
    Version 4.1 finalbuild
    LINK ~ http://www.mediafire.com/?tjxw56zw6wnh61a
    Install Through CWM !

And This one is new and i have not tested it yet , but it's an upgrade from a old version and must bee good !
    Galaxy Flare V4.1 by Yesh !