How to Optimize battery drain?

Search This thread

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Yes, that works well. :)

This one is a myth. I do own and use SetCPU but not to try and save battery.
SetCPU can give your phone a nice, snappy feeling when slightly overclocked.

However, clocking down to, say, 32, is not very useful.
Consider a task that would take a certain amount of time to complete at 998 MHz.
When you slow the CPU down the same task will, inevitably, take longer to complete since your CPU is now running at a (much) slower speed. Comparing 998 to 32 suggests that the CPU is running roughly 31 times slower, hence, it will take longer (31 times?) to complete the very same task.

Savings in battery life? Someplace between very little and none.
TOw5kMHk

From ny_limited

EDIT: Whoa I swear your username used to be ny_limited, did you change it to NYLimited?

fersinix

Dec 13, 2012
R: How to Optimize battery drain?

Try xperia ics by anurag...with this rom without usage or a small usage the battery life is 16-24 hours...i use juice defender from play store and set my cpu to 844 mhz governor ondemand...and the performance are really good

Sent from my XperiaHD2 using xda premium

fersinix

Dec 13, 2012
R: How to Optimize battery drain?

This is a old screenshot
Sent from my XperiaHD2 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362153962617.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362153962617.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 46

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try wiping battery stats through recovery...

I wonder if this myth will ever die..

Google engineer Dianne Hackberry has talked about several myths about the Android operating system, including wiping battery stats.

The reasoning behind that piece of advice was something like this: If you, at some point, did not charge your Android device fully (for example, only to 80%), it would supposedly remember that battery level as “fully charged” – in this case, you’d only ever get to use 80% of your battery, which is of course less than optimal. So, if you wipe the battery stats, usually done in ClockWord Mod Recovery, the device would “forget” the previous level, here 80%, and instead charge to the full 100% once again, thereby re-calibrating the battery. Or, as Hackborn puts it in more technical terms:

The battery indicator in the status/notification bar is a reflection of the batterystats.bin file in the data/system/ directory.

However, as she explains, that’s not the case. Because those battery stats, stored in the batterystats.bin file, are only used to maintain information about what is using the battery when not recharging. That is, it essentially holds the information displayed in the Settings > Battery screen. Nothing more, nothing less. Thus:

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you.

It has no impact on your battery life.

What’s more, you’ve probably noticed that the battery usage data is reset once you recharge your device anyway. From this you can correctly deduce that the battery stats are wiped as well – every time your device is recharged. More or less every day. If there was any effect, you would’ve noticed it without going into recovery and doing that stuff. Typical placebo, eh?

---
    I’m as confused as a baby in a topless bar...
    That's high but shouldn't be causing a drain of 20% in 6 hours. It's probably just draining a lot when you're using the phone, and there's not much you can do other than turning the brightness down which you've done already.
    try wiping battery stats through recovery...fully charge your battery then wipe stats and let your battery to get fully discharge before you connect it to a charger for about a week...My battery never lasted more than a half day before doing this...now it lasts more than a day...Hope this works
    I wonder if this myth will ever die..

Google engineer Dianne Hackberry has talked about several myths about the Android operating system, including wiping battery stats.

The reasoning behind that piece of advice was something like this: If you, at some point, did not charge your Android device fully (for example, only to 80%), it would supposedly remember that battery level as “fully charged” – in this case, you’d only ever get to use 80% of your battery, which is of course less than optimal. So, if you wipe the battery stats, usually done in ClockWord Mod Recovery, the device would “forget” the previous level, here 80%, and instead charge to the full 100% once again, thereby re-calibrating the battery. Or, as Hackborn puts it in more technical terms:

The battery indicator in the status/notification bar is a reflection of the batterystats.bin file in the data/system/ directory.

However, as she explains, that’s not the case. Because those battery stats, stored in the batterystats.bin file, are only used to maintain information about what is using the battery when not recharging. That is, it essentially holds the information displayed in the Settings > Battery screen. Nothing more, nothing less. Thus:

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you.

It has no impact on your battery life.

What’s more, you’ve probably noticed that the battery usage data is reset once you recharge your device anyway. From this you can correctly deduce that the battery stats are wiped as well – every time your device is recharged. More or less every day. If there was any effect, you would’ve noticed it without going into recovery and doing that stuff. Typical placebo, eh?

---
    I’m as confused as a baby in a topless bar...

LOL i was just gonna post but ya beat me to it
    i will just add the link to the xda news post about it

http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...-battery-stats-does-not-improve-battery-life/
    ^Whenever someone asks 'how do I reduce my battery drain', ten people immediately jump in with 'CALIBRATE!!11oneeleven!'. No hate directed at whoever posted that advice here, I understand how easy it is to be misinformed (as I was about using SetCPU ;) ), I just think that rumours like this are too easily presented as facts.

And I shall not tell you how many times I did erase that bloody file before I too learned the truth. :crying:

LOL i was just gonna post but ya beat me to it
    i will just add the link to the xda news post about it
    http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...-battery-stats-does-not-improve-battery-life/

Want me to go back and erase it for ya? No biggie... :D