[Team Kernelizers][How To][TMo][TK Mod 2.4]KT747 Kernel Tweaks - Updated 8-5-13

Search This thread

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
Re: [Team Kernelizers][How To][TK Mod 1.0.1] Updated 03-25-13 KT747 Kernel Tweaks

I have to say, I love these settings and your efforts. This thread should be more popular

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

It will be. Just give it some time:D

RErick_zpsf8fdc5d9.png

7000 lemons? wtf!?!

Reactions: TheLastSidekick

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Re: [Team Kernelizers][How To][TK Mod 1.0.1] Updated 03-25-13 KT747 Kernel Tweaks

First charge cycle with pegzen. March 30th build of Synergy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365019431616.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365019431616.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 511
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365019466540.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365019466540.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 513
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365019482905.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365019482905.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 503
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365019497426.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365019497426.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
Reactions: mw86

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA

First charge cycle with pegzen. March 30th build of Synergy.

Not bad! BTW there's a new ROM with multi carrier support called Jelly 'Beans' and its my favorite ROM ever. Check it out if you want the main page is in the VZW forums in Android Development

RErick_zpsf8fdc5d9.png

7000 lemons? wtf!?!

jcbofkc

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas City
RErick... Thanks again. The tips and how to's are simple. The scripts various people have created are fantastic. I hope you continue to update.

If you are on the fence and are considering trying this... Go for it. You will not hurt anything if you have made a backup. Worst case, reflash your ROM dirty style if you do not like it. The battery life of modern phones has always been my biggest issue. Now it's not.

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
RErick... Thanks again. The tips and how to's are simple. The scripts various people have created are fantastic. I hope you continue to update.

If you are on the fence and are considering trying this... Go for it. You will not hurt anything if you have made a backup. Worst case, reflash your ROM dirty style if you do not like it. The battery life of modern phones has always been my biggest issue. Now it's not.

I definitely will I have been moving this week and am about to go back to work too. I will try to have an update for everything for you guys tomorrow

RErick_zpsf8fdc5d9.png

7000 lemons? wtf!?!

Reactions: mw86 and famandeggs

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
Thx for putting this together for us, I know it's dead here (unlike your other forums) but I love playing around with the different tweaks you all provide :thumbup::thumbup:

Its all good. And no one is mad. I don't care how dead it is as long as we can help out a few people its worth it. People will hear about it soon enough

RErick_zpsf8fdc5d9.png

7000 lemons? wtf!?!

Reactions: mw86 and famandeggs

famandeggs

Oct 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Friendly bump and update, running REricks asswax setup on new Synergy, pretty decent :thumbup: after a few cycles will try some of castles and mw86s settings I think..

Loving it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366604326756.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366604326756.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 291
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366604346625.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366604346625.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

castle_bravo

Dec 1, 2012
Gotham
How did I just find this now lol

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

My aosp tweak for conservative ktoon is almost done btw

Reactions: famandeggs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About​
    Welcome to Team Kernalizers's VZW Thread. This thread will attempt to teach you and show you how to maximize the performance and battery life of your GS3 running the KT747 kernel by Ktoonsez.

In this thread, you will learn everything you need to know about Governors, I/O Schedulers, Underclocking (UC), Overclocking (OC), Undervolting (UV) and the KTweaker application. We will also provide you with pre-configured tweaks to use.

This is a friendly support community. You can post your benchmarks, battery stats, feedback and settings. We will also help troubleshoot any problems that you may encounter while using this kernel and our tweak packages.

Rules​
    Please consider these rules before using this thread:
    1. Follow XDA Forum rules (http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=1712)
    2. There will be NO FLAMING, NO SPAMMING, NO HARRASMENT of any kind. These will not be tolerated. You have been warned!
    3. Search the thread first before asking questions. Most likely, your question may have been answered already.
    4. If you are stuck and need help, DO NOT post comments like "this is not working". It will be ignored. You must provide necessary information like ROM Type (AOSP/TW), Kernel Version, OC, UV ...etc. You get the picture. The more you provide the better we can help
    5. Please allow time for the team to find an answer if we can’t figure it out we know enough people to help us out finding a answer thank you
    6. Be Patient :) We have our own personal lives outside of here. Allow the team some time to find answers. We will do our best to help.
    7. If you post screenshots, you are allowed a maximum of 3 screenshots.
    8. Keep posts/threads on-topic
    By post in this thread, you are agreeing to the above rules.
    Members​

• Galaxys3Man30
    • mw86
    • GTOJIM
    • Ramondal
    • clothednblack1
    • RErick
    • chinkybean
    • daniel4653
    • steelers_exe
    • crazymook
    • castle_bravo
    • luis86dr
    • MorphiousGX
    • TexasEpic4G

Supported Devices​
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2144004
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032956
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2207286
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201555

Thanks​

ktoonsez - For giving us this amazing kernel and the plethora of options available with it. His thread his here Make sure to thank him!
    AT&T: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756776
    Sprint: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1800576
    T-Mobile: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871946
    Verizon: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1853816
    All of the Team Kernelizers members for their tweaks and dedication and help
    All of the testers, and followers

All of the ROM developers out there for making our phones fun to use

And of course our Friendly Forum Moderator:
    kennyglass123
    Re: [Team Kernelizers][How To][TK Mod 1.0.1] Updated 03-23-13 KT747 Kernel Tweaks

Kernel Information​
    General Installation Instructions (for both TW and AOSP):​
    1. Download correct version of kernel for your device and rom. This is important as you may brick your phone is you use the wrong version.
    2. Flash kernel using your preferred recovery
    3. Do the following AFTER installing the kernel and BEFORE you reboot your phone:
    a. Clear cache
    b. Clear dalvik
    c. Fix Permissions
    4. Reboot your device.
    TW Specific Kernel Instructions:
    (can be used with AOSP too)
    There are some files on your TouchWiz phone that need to be renamed in order to maximize the battery life of your phone. There has been some debate on whether or not this is necessary, but for now we would recommend renaming these files to ensure that there is no chance of excessive battery drain.

Part 1:

These steps are only necessary on TouchWiz ROMs, however you can also do this on AOSP as well:
    1. You must have ROOT. You will need to have a root enabled file explorer on your phone (ES File Explorer works very well and you can get it from the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en). When you get it, open it up and go the the settings and scroll all the way down until you see the Root Settings. Go in there and enable ALL of the root settings.
    2. After that is done, navigate to your root folders using the Folder Up icon at the top. Once you are in your root folders, navigate to /system/bin and locate the following files. You will need to rename them with a ".bak" at the end of the filename
    gsiff_daemon --> gsiff_daemon.bak
    mpdecision --> mpdecison.bak
    qosmgr --> qosmgr.bak
    smd --> smd.bak
    smdexe --> smdexe.bak
    Renaming these files will not harm your phone. Many users rename these files every time they flash a rom, and no damge is done.
    Also, some ROMs come with these files renamed or deleted entirely, so if you don’t find a file, don’t be alarmed.
    You have to do this every time you flash the ROM and/or Kernel.
    If you feel uncomfortable doing this yourself, you can use the TK-MOD (see Downloads section) and it will handle this for you.

Part 2:

Stopping mpdecision from being called:
    1. Open terminal emulator and type the following code:
    su
    2. When terminal emulator asks for root permission hit 'Grant' or 'Allow'.
    3. At the # prompt type:
    stop mpdecision
    Using Rom Toolbox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox) we will make a script that will stop mpdecision from being called at each boot so you don't need to use terminal emulator each time
    1. Open Rom Toolbox and scroll down to the Scripter option
    2. In the scripter, click the “+” button in the top right corner, then select 'Create'
    3. Type a name for our new script, lets call it “stop mpdecision”
    4. In the commands enter the following text:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    stop mpdecision
    5. Hit the disk icon to save it
    6. Select the script that you just created and a dialog box should pop up, select set at boot
    Were done here

AOSP Specific Kernel Instructions:
    When coming from a 3.0 Kernel to a 3.4 Kernel there is a new method with kernel updates. Skipping these steps will cause phone instability, due to some bad data left behind. This is a flaw in the Android OS, not the application. You must follow the instructions below (Thanks ktoonzs for the new method of the ktweaker app)
    1. Go to Settings on the phone
    2. Go to app manager then all apps
    3. Scroll down to ktweaker app n open it
    4. Once open hit FORCE STOP and then hit CLEAR DATA
    5. Reboot and flash your new update of ktoonzs kernel
    6. Repeat steps 1-4 in the above “General Installation” section
    You should be good to go after that

Resources & Useful Links

Do most T-Mobile uses follow our other threads?

Yup I do BTW 8 hrs screen time and 50% battery on ur asswax setup

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Just discovered this thread, giving Castle_Bravo's Peg/Row settings a try right now :) Thank you all for your hard work in providing these files for us!

I just wanted to ask everyone what you've settled on. It seems RErick's Peg-Zen is spoken about very highly. Would you suggest anything to maximize battery?

Would you recommend using kernel 3.0 versus 3.4?

There are lots of things that you can do. Look in the first few posts for resources and other tricks to help with battery life. Things like ds battery saver and lux auto brightness help out. One
    of my best investments was an app called CPU sleeper dual core. But our tweaks have to be tried out, some work better for other people and their phones. Some peoples phones get better battery life with ktoonservative tweaks and some get better with pegasus tweaks... You just gotta find what works best for you:)

Edit: 3.0 kernels cannot be used on a ROM that is based on Linux 3.4 and vice versa. Look in the about phone section in your settings to find out what yours is running
    Mine is running 3.0 if you look at the current kernel version so stick with what you have to avoid problems
    ubu5ypa6.jpg

Hey guys I've decided to give this a try and just flashed the asswax script from the mod. Which setup gives you the best battery? I'd like to maybe test those that seem to give the best results. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

They are all good setups. You just have to find one that works best for you. Its trial and error

RErick_zpsf8fdc5d9.png

7000 lemons? wtf!?!
    Re: [Team Kernelizers][How To][TK Mod 1.0.1] Updated 03-23-13 KT747 Kernel Tweaks

Op posted. This is an expansion from the VZW and Sprint forums. Trying to spread the battery love here too

RErick_zpsf8fdc5d9.png

7000 lemons? wtf!?!