Recovery and H-Boot

Search This thread

Kulleteyn

Mar 23, 2014
Hello, first of all I'm a super newbie on this :) A have a bunch of questions.

-I tried to root my HTC evo 3d 3 or 4 days ago and i did it without any issues. Then installed Cyanogen Mod 10.4 (jellybean) on my device. Now i want to update it to Cyanogen Mod 11. Does it woth it? or should I stay in my current version.

-I read the threat about Cyanogen Mod 11, it seems i need to install TWRP first, my current recovery mod is ClockworkMod v6.0.0.0. Is there anything else before i install TWRP or can I just downlaod it and then install like Clockwork?

My H-Boot is 1.49.9999
Radio 11.25.3504.06_11
OpenDSP-v02v6v0v2226v00v0202
eMMC-boot
S-Off

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro

-I tried to root my HTC evo 3d 3 or 4 days ago and i did it without any issues. Then installed Cyanogen Mod 10.4 (jellybean) on my device. Now i want to update it to Cyanogen Mod 11. Does it woth it? or should I stay in my current version.

-I read the threat about Cyanogen Mod 11, it seems i need to install TWRP first, my current recovery mod is ClockworkMod v6.0.0.0. Is there anything else before i install TWRP or can I just downlaod it and then install like Clockwork?

My H-Boot is 1.49.9999
Radio 11.25.3504.06_11
eMMC-boot
S-Off

Did you flash your recovery via fastboot? Easiest way to flash TWRP 2.7 will be using "flashify" from the play store. it has got a built in feature to download the right recovery for your phone, and automatically flash it after download :D

May be you just read the (whole) thread about your suggested rom before installing it "blind"

Last edited:
Reactions: Kulleteyn

Kulleteyn

Mar 23, 2014
Always a pleasure for me to help other phone-junkies :)

Helo, its me again :)

I tried the flashify, i was just able to flash TWRP 2.7 on my phone. But i need 2.6.3.0 (or any other recovery with SELinux support)

but cant downlaod it via flashify. So i downloaded it manually and tried to flash by using cmd and fastboot. Then I just get the "too many links" error. Can't fix it, cant find a solution that works on me..

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Helo, its me again :)

I tried the flashify, i was just able to flash TWRP 2.7 on my phone. But i need 2.6.3.0 (or any other recovery with SELinux support)

but cant downlaod it via flashify. So i downloaded it manually and tried to flash by using cmd and fastboot. Then I just get the "too many links" error. Can't fix it, cant find a solution that works on me..

TWRP 2.7.0.0 is first version provides NATIVE full SELinux support. You can also download it and flash it via flashify by manually selecting the .img file.

I'm gonna look whats up with the .2.7.

You're gonna to flash KitKat ??

SO HOLD ON PLS

Dou have GSM or CDMA version?

Last edited:

Kulleteyn

Mar 23, 2014

TWRP 2.7.0.0 is first version provides NATIVE full SELinux support. You can also download it and flash it via flashify by manually selecting the .img file.

I'm gonna look whats up with the .2.7.

You're gonna to flash KitKat ??

SO HOLD ON PLS

Dou have GSM or CDMA version?

Interesting... Yes i wanna flash KitKat and I have te GSM version. Tried to flash the rom vith 2.7 but got this error "E: Error executing updater binary in zip" and "Error flashing zip"

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Tried 2.7.0.1 too :)

in this thread, i saw that post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51278107&postcount=425

so i didnt try to update HBoot.. may i try it?

better try install 2.7.0.1 and download rom again, may be its corrupted.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Tried 2.7.0.1 too :)

in this thread, i saw that post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51278107&postcount=425

so i didnt try to update HBoot.. may i try it?

There is written "youre fine as is" but feel free to, have you tried another kitkat rom?

Kulleteyn

Mar 23, 2014
If that doesn't work its getting a little complicated. Means you have to install a <4.4 rom and install 4ext updater (installs 4ext recovery) from plystore and then you ca install >4.4.

Updating HBOOT will not help!

Still not be able to flash cyanogenmod 11 but it worked fine with Liquid Smooth mod :) Thanks a lot again, you're so patient..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My H-Boot is 1.49.9999
    Radio 11.25.3504.06_11
    eMMC-boot
    S-Off

Did you flash your recovery via fastboot? Easiest way to flash TWRP 2.7 will be using "flashify" from the play store. it has got a built in feature to download the right recovery for your phone, and automatically flash it after download :D

May be you just read the (whole) thread about your suggested rom before installing it "blind"
    That was the magic touch :) Thanks a lot...

Always a pleasure for me to help other phone-junkies :)

If that doesn't work its getting a little complicated. Means you have to install a <4.4 rom and install 4ext updater (installs 4ext recovery) from plystore and then you ca install >4.4.

Updating HBOOT will not help!
    The ONE thing i have in mind now, if it was able to install CM11 too, once you have 4.4.2 and a matching kernel installed (Don't try it now, but may be later and if you know --> pls tell me)

You like KitKat?

CM11, Thats my next tagret :) I think i must be able to flash it after reflash the TWRP 2.7.0.1 but not today, just tired enough :p Maybe tomorrow i can try it. I'll inform you when i try it, either way.

Yes, liked it ^^ for now, i have a screen issue sometimes but its ok, Just looking forward for CM11 :)
    Sure, we can try. How can I do it? :)

flash it via fastboot ;) you got a toolkit for your phnoe? Toolkit provide this finktion to flash kernel in most cases. Connect phone in fastboot mode to pc the kernel is "boot.img" in the Rom.zip. Simply extract it to your computer and then flash it :D