Cooking for the i8000 and b7610 (b7610 community help!)

Search This thread

digao100nocao

Apr 26, 2009
Ribeirão Preto
Hello guys!

This forum does not have a section for the Samsung b7610 (OmniaPro). Thus I decided to create this topic to help also the ones who have a b7610 like me :D.

Every one knows that samsung made the b7610 with basicaly the same hardware as i8000.
Because of this I think of the possibility of crossflashing or even cooking at the same time for both devices without much extra work.
I would you suggest that some kind cook cook also for the b7610 rather than only to the i8000.
I think the kitchen should be the same, with minor variations (such as drivers for the support of the physical keyboard)..

I hope you understand the desperation of the b7610 community since all the chefs are focused on the i8000.

I am willing to help where needed!
I hope that other b7610 owners join me to contribute to our community.

Thanks for your help!

bcmiko

Aug 21, 2008
Prague
Great

I was hoping someone could come with this idea and I'm happy.
I'm willing to help in any way as my opinion is the same.
I8000 and B7610 are not that much different.

jimsey

Oct 14, 2007
Lancashire
any additional support would be appreciated from the small omnia pro owning community,it's a great device, but only 1 custom rom to date.
i'm reading and experimenting but dont have the know how to create a new rom yet, but xda has lots of people with the skils to tweak i8000 roms to work on the b7610.

i'm sure the cooks here could produce some fantastic roms -

SuperL0L

Jan 28, 2010
More and more people own a B7610 because it is for the moment the best what you get for the money. But this samsung junk really sucks.

CSCicus

Nov 13, 2008
Ivanka pri Dunaji
please

i also have omnia pro and with samsung soft its unusable thanks to mobile shell i dont sell it its mutch better that touch pro 2 (only keyboard its on tp2 better). please somene start cooking roms for this phone. thanks

ttrevelian

Mar 8, 2008
I am another owner of B7610 and as it was pointed out is a better device than TP2 but i have to say I really miss testing know roms every week.

nizar445

Apr 28, 2007
NCL
Samsung B7610 is a very good phone!!

Yes, I agree with you all. Samsung B7610 is great phone in all the aspects apart from its software. I wish if xda pay a little attention to it and add a little section for it in this forum. I am really missing xda roms since I upgraded my phone from HTC P3600.:(

I also wish if omnia 2 rom cookers could cook something for it. It should be easy for them due to the similar features.:rolleyes:

Thanks digao100nocao for arising such a subject.:)

Reactions: Dinman

jeroenjeremy

Feb 26, 2007
I completely agree. I´m pretty sure the Samsung Omnia Pro 7610 would actually sell more units if a cook were to adapt the existing ROMs to what users are actually asking for.

ashadibudi

Dec 21, 2009
yeeeeesss... please make cooked rom for B7610.. i love this phone..
but too much not useful programs like communities, search widget, msn money, msn bing search, msn weather, connected home, and the smartreader that not very smart on reading anything, to many errors on recognizing letters..

and the lag, makes me want to flash a clean WM6.1 ROM.. please do something about it..

there are already some cooked ROMs on http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-pro-b7610-modaco-com/295813/b7610-collection-thread/

but i prefer flash ROMs from this forum.. :) i trust this forum more.. :)

Khisha

Nov 20, 2009
well. let's see the situation.
there are some roms and cooks for I8000. we know that apart from AES driver for keyboard there should be no difference.
there are some tutorials and kitchens, but no one here has the guts to try.
i suppose the only way out is to open a bounty and ask someone like dr. Khuanchai from Modaco to port some of his roms to B7610.
I would also try to get some connection to sonblack from PDAviet and ask him what he can do.
that's my 2 cents on the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung B7610 is a very good phone!!

Yes, I agree with you all. Samsung B7610 is great phone in all the aspects apart from its software. I wish if xda pay a little attention to it and add a little section for it in this forum. I am really missing xda roms since I upgraded my phone from HTC P3600.:(

I also wish if omnia 2 rom cookers could cook something for it. It should be easy for them due to the similar features.:rolleyes:

Thanks digao100nocao for arising such a subject.:)