[Q] Tablet screen replaced and then....

Search This thread

JKTF

Sep 5, 2014
Hi everybody,

I have replaced the digitizer on my Asus TF300t due to it being cracked. I followed multiple guides and I'm pretty sure I got it correct.

When I went to turn the tablet on separate of its dock the tablet seemed to turn on but the screen didn't work, of course I thought I had stuffed the replacement so undid everything again and check all of the connections. They were all fine.

Back together again I attempted to turn the tablet on with the same result. Then I decided to dock the tablet to see what would happen, hey presto the screen turned on. The touch screen works fine, connects to the internet and does everything it should. Take the tablet out of the dock screen goes black and unable to turn it on again. Back into dock and works fine.

The second problem is that the tablet is not seeing the dock at all "no dock version available", battery indicator for dock not seen, unable to charge tablet through dock.

I have tried a cold boot and I have updated the firmware to no avail. Android 4.2.1 and everything else is stock.

If anyone can help out or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Cheers