[Q] already installed stock firmware, can't install stock kernels or recovery

Search This thread

lasabrjotur

Jan 30, 2014
I tried to unroot my phone after getting stuck in a cyanogen bootloop a while back. I managed to get into recovery and install stock firmware via Odin. I did not however install the stock kernel or stock recovery. I am now in a stock t-mobile bootloop. I'm not sure what to do, I have been unable to get into recovery thus far, but I can keep trying. What can I do?

ricthot

Jan 11, 2012
I tried to unroot my phone after getting stuck in a cyanogen bootloop a while back. I managed to get into recovery and install stock firmware via Odin. I did not however install the stock kernel or stock recovery. I am now in a stock t-mobile bootloop. I'm not sure what to do, I have been unable to get into recovery thus far, but I can keep trying. What can I do?

Can you get in Download mode? To work with Odin you must be in Download mode, not recovery.

If you can get in Download mode, then start Odin and flash a TWRP Odin flashable recovery:
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/101

Then at least you should have a functional recovery. From there you could either try to flash your stock ROM again, or any another ROM.
Are you 100% sure what you flashed was a good stock ROM for the T989 ?

Dont you have a nandroid you could restore?