5.9.904 Update Leaked for Bionic

Search This thread

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
I also haven't had a single data drop since I flashed 904. I really only wish the phone shipped like this rather than taking 6 months after release to work properly.

Now as long as we get ICS by the end of May i'll be happy.

CykloneFij

Aug 3, 2010
Since flashing this .904, data has been consistent. Haven't lost data yet.
With .902, had to frequently switch between CDMA and CDMA/LTE to kickstart a data connection, or reboot when that didn't work.
This .904 was a long time coming!

Applied to Unsafe boot which has the stock rom. Had frozen quite a few of the stock bloat using Freeze which didn't seem to interfere with the update.

Have Gummy ICS 0.9.0 on my unsafe boot, but data on that is buggy as all heck.

Where is ICS already?!

Last edited:

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
Has this update weakened anyone else's 4g? I don't pull 4g where I use to have a solid connection, and my speeds have slowed down a lot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Tucknology

Jul 11, 2011
904 is solid. KidJoe, if you haven't used the Bionic in a while its going to take a short while to settle in. If you want to put it back in the drawer, just mail it to me instead. I'll cover the postage.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
904 is solid. KidJoe, if you haven't used the Bionic in a while its going to take a short while to settle in. If you want to put it back in the drawer, just mail it to me instead. I'll cover the postage.
I left it go all day, mostly just sitting idle on my desk as I worked, and lost data two more times... I've done a factory reset on it, but switched back to the TB until I get the time to load up at least the minimum apps I need to make it useful... then I'll try it again (like I've done with every update thus far), only this time I might not load up ALL the apps first...

long story short... my bionic is a promo, and if used on another account it could be "disabled" or (so they say).. Beyond that, I still have hope for it... which is why I keep it in my laptop bag.

Those who know me, and the name i use on other boards, know how big of a moto "fan boy" I was/am... and how disappointed I am with my Bionic.

Tucknology

Jul 11, 2011
Has this update weakened anyone else's 4g? I don't pull 4g where I use to have a solid connection, and my speeds have slowed down a lot.

Nope. Sometimes the speeds are going to vary due to other reasons. I get awesome 4G speeds.

I left it go all day, mostly just sitting idle on my desk as I worked, and lost data two more times... I've done a factory reset on it, but switched back to the TB until I get the time to load up at least the minimum apps I need to make it useful... then I'll try it again (like I've done with every update thus far), only this time I might not load up ALL the apps first...

long story short... my bionic is a promo, and if used on another account it could be "disabled" or (so they say).. Beyond that, I still have hope for it... which is why I keep it in my laptop bag.

Those who know me, and the name i use on other boards, know how big of a moto "fan boy" I was/am... and how disappointed I am with my Bionic.

I think its fair to say the promo has expired. Seriously, I've got the postage for ya. PM me. It won't get disabled because you didn't sell it to me!

My bionic is working great. The camera sucks. And the screen could be better. But it makes up for it with raw speed and beast power.

smilepak

Nov 16, 2008
Ok, took a dive and installed this plus add on CM9 Nightly 4.18 build. So far, rock solid. Prior to this, no matter if I use Gummy, AOKP, or CM9, whatever build...always an issue with data drop, either wifi or 4G in the middle of using. SO far been using for 24 hours and rock solid.

For those who are curious. I came from Safe Strap and did this..

1) Went into Safe Strap Recovery and disable, that forced me back to pre ICS

2) Take battery out, hold down volume keey up and down, put battery in and power on, go into standard recovery

3) Flash the new .904

4) reboot, go into gingerbread and activate/reinstall safestrap

5) reboot into safestrap recovery, enable safe strap

6) wipe data/cache/delivk/system

7) install CM9 Nightly 4-18 build and gapp

8) restore all my apps from Titanium Backup

back to normal in less than one hour. Did all of that while watching an episode of NCIS. ahahah

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
When you say your Bionic is a promo - is it one of the old style Bionics that was never released (and eventually turned into the Photon or Atrix 2, I believe)?

cbrown245

Aug 21, 2010
Cleveland
Ok, took a dive and installed this plus add on CM9 Nightly 4.18 build. So far, rock solid. Prior to this, no matter if I use Gummy, AOKP, or CM9, whatever build...always an issue with data drop, either wifi or 4G in the middle of using. SO far been using for 24 hours and rock solid.

For those who are curious. I came from Safe Strap and did this..

1) Went into Safe Strap Recovery and disable, that forced me back to pre ICS

2) Take battery out, hold down volume keey up and down, put battery in and power on, go into standard recovery

3) Flash the new .904

4) reboot, go into gingerbread and activate/reinstall safestrap

5) reboot into safestrap recovery, enable safe strap

6) wipe data/cache/delivk/system

7) install CM9 Nightly 4-18 build and gapp

8) restore all my apps from Titanium Backup

back to normal in less than one hour. Did all of that while watching an episode of NCIS. ahahah

Installing CM9 over. 904 does it over write the. 904 or does it stay? For me once I install the new rom it over writes and reverts back to. 902

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
You're not doing it right. You need to disable safestrap, install .904 as your unsafe (and safe) ROM via standard recovery, then reinstall safestrap, boot to your safe system, and install CM9 from there.

geekabilly

Jul 18, 2009
Installing CM9 over. 904 does it over write the. 904 or does it stay? For me once I install the new rom it over writes and reverts back to. 902

I believe he way it works is that when you flash CM9 over .904 stock the .904 radios stick -- even though CM9 may not have incorporated the other .904 enhancements yet --

ratledge

Jul 28, 2010
South Carolina
Failes assert on "BooksPlay.apk"?

My 904 install stops on the "Google Play Books" apk and burps, refusing to install. Do I need to just find my 902 archive and replace the file from that update or am I screwed?

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
My 904 install stops on the "Google Play Books" apk and burps, refusing to install. Do I need to just find my 902 archive and replace the file from that update or am I screwed?

You can try that, hopefully it will work.

The .902 FXZ should have the file intact, which is a good thing, b/c if that doesn't work, you may need to FXZ to stock .902 and then apply the upgrade, which is what I did b/c I somehow hosed the unsafe backup, and thus you'll already have the file.

Sent from my rooted .904 BIONIC running CM9 Nightlies via Tapatalk 2

freebird_78

Sep 13, 2009
I safestrapped back to unsafe, went to recovery, installed Blur902, everything took, no errors. But now I'm in a bootloop and won't even go to safestrap. Ideas?

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
You might need to fxz back to 902 stock, then flash the update, root and install safestrap.

codygs83

great update, zip worked flawlessly after i toggled back to unsafe to a stock rom, however i lost root, i just motofailed this sucker and reinstalled my safestrap recovery
i just enabled safe mode on it and now i'm back to my previous eclipse rom but still showing 902, i'm a little confused, should i retry this?

what roms are you guys using with this 904 update?
perhaps like you guys said maybe eclipse isn't compatible with this yet, i saw they are working on a 904 eclipse now

Last edited:

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
This sucks I really don't feel like fxz'ing back to stock, maybe I have a backup. But I really need a data fix I'm hoping this will help the ics roms' data

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States
This sucks I really don't feel like fxz'ing back to stock, maybe I have a backup. But I really need a data fix I'm hoping this will help the ics roms' data

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Your post is a bit dated. There are absolutely zero data drops/issues on the Axi0m 3-20 ICS ROM for 902 users. Been running that for 2 months, not one data drop here.

Sent from my XT875 using XDA

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
Your post is a bit dated. There are absolutely zero data drops/issues on the Axi0m 3-20 ICS ROM for 902 users. Been running that for 2 months, not one data drop here.

Sent from my XT875 using XDA

Speak for yourself I couldn't keep a solid connection to save my life

Top Liked Posts