Things to do after rooting?

Search This thread

zedwards

Nov 10, 2009
Actually, after doing all the above, I was kinda looking for other things to do :eek: I am loving the tethering though. Thought there would be a place for apps that are not in the market.

ix3u

Aug 15, 2008
im having the same problem. i dont know what to do with my phone while waiting for everyne makes awesome custom roms. im just waiting to figure out how to get it fully optimized with everything thats already ready for it

thecodemonk

Oct 23, 2009
Spokane, WA
im having the same problem. i dont know what to do with my phone while waiting for everyne makes awesome custom roms. im just waiting to figure out how to get it fully optimized with everything thats already ready for it

Get a development environment setup and write some apps! Download the GSM Kernel and learn how to compile and tune it (use Teknologic's changelog as a guide perhaps) and prepare for the eventual release of the CDMA Kernel (or even the 2.0 Kernel...what? I can dream!)! It's fun to prepare for such things and test! :)

jjjjayd13

Nov 24, 2006
Thanks Much!

You also need to wait. Before you know it we are going to have roms flowing out our ears. I am working as hard as I can to learn how to make kickass roms so hopefully I can release something good soon :)

Chuckhriczko, please keep up your 'good' work!

I used your instructions for rooting my hero, a little confusing but helped me to better understand linux procedures.

jjjjayd13, :cool::cool::cool:

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Lets try to get Google maps with nav on the hero. They got it working in the Dream forum with some directions. Let me get my backup ready......

pitmanr2003

Nov 8, 2009
Where can i find more themes? I did the clear one and its ok, but not much to it. Also what is so special about modaco rom other than u can save apps to sd

slayter202

Feb 27, 2011
You also need to wait. Before you know it we are going to have roms flowing out our ears. I am working as hard as I can to learn how to make kickass roms so hopefully I can release something good soon :)

i have also rooted my phone and added the cyanogen mod 6 to it and i dont have the market anymore and i cannot flash my clockwork mod also i do not know how to add any roms can anyone please help (htc evo 2.2)

ACSP

Feb 24, 2011
i have also rooted my phone and added the cyanogen mod 6 to it and i dont have the market anymore and i cannot flash my clockwork mod also i do not know how to add any roms can anyone please help (htc evo 2.2)

if you don't have the market, you probably forgot to/need to re-flash the google apps zip.

aside from that...you should be hanging out here -> Evo Forum :D
Start by looking at the [noob guide] and these FAQs.

Any other problems/questions search around in the Evo Q&A or General sub-topics and you should find what you need ;)

Houndog101

Feb 16, 2011
Fallston, Md.
I have the BlueAnt S4 and it cannot voice dial, says it needs Andriod 2.2 . Looks like the Hero will not get that from Sprint/Google, so will a rooted phone with 2.2 be able to make blutooth voice dial ? Thanks, Ted O.:confused:

noskoviak

XDA Portal Team
Oct 24, 2010
Eau Claire, WI
Yeah a rooted 2.2 should work just fine with ur headset. I don't see why your headset isn't working fine now to be honest.

sent from my hero aosp2.2 cause aospcm7 2.3 was not as fast or stable for me.