[Q] No GPS lock on cm11

Search This thread

mkandalf

Feb 24, 2014
Hey all,

I got my phone and immediately flashed to gr33nd3vil's cm11 rom using TWRP and ioroot. The biggest problem I'm experiencing is that I'm getting absolutely no GPS lock. I downloaded GPS test and it says 0 satellites in view and 0 in use. I tried copying some config settings from other gps.confs I saw online to no avail, as well as clearing/updating AGPS inside of GPS test. I also tried both high accuracy and device only modes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to go about fixing it? And if the best move is to flash back to stock, acquire a GPS lock, and then flash back to cm11, can anyone point me to the best method for flashing stock if I didn't back it up before flashing cm11?

Thanks!

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
Have you tried installing the GPS config files?

I think this will help but try download an program that will install the config files. For example I downloaded and app called Pimp my ROM and I can download the GPS files from there and it installs them for me. Do that and reboot and see if it makes GPS work.

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Hey all,

I got my phone and immediately flashed to gr33nd3vil's cm11 rom using TWRP and ioroot. The biggest problem I'm experiencing is that I'm getting absolutely no GPS lock. I downloaded GPS test and it says 0 satellites in view and 0 in use. I tried copying some config settings from other gps.confs I saw online to no avail, as well as clearing/updating AGPS inside of GPS test. I also tried both high accuracy and device only modes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to go about fixing it? And if the best move is to flash back to stock, acquire a GPS lock, and then flash back to cm11, can anyone point me to the best method for flashing stock if I didn't back it up before flashing cm11?

Thanks!

I too had the same problem.. What i did was to copy the gps.conf file from stock rom and replaced it with what i had in ma phone with cm. This will not help much. But now i am able to get a gps lock, even though the no. of satellites locked are less compared to that detected by stock.

If you revert back to stock and flash cm, it wont help u. The files of stock will be over written by that of cm.

Sent From GT-I9082

Reactions: James Colvap

mkandalf

Feb 24, 2014
Update:

I tried using stock gps.conf, to no avail.

I tried flashing a different rom, and still got 0/0.

Flashed back to stock, and now have 0/26.

Think I'm going to return the phone and try to get a new one?

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
Update:

I tried using stock gps.conf, to no avail.

I tried flashing a different rom, and still got 0/0.

Flashed back to stock, and now have 0/26.

Think I'm going to return the phone and try to get a new one?

Did you flash a stock version .zip or the actual flashing through the LG tools? If you just flashed a .zip of stock i would just go ahead and flash with LG tools because that program wipes EVERYthing including all the phone memory we can't access.

mkandalf

Feb 24, 2014
I flashed with the official LG tool. I took the OTA to 12b and I can get a GPS lock. Maybe if I flash now it will work?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

Thanks!

I too had the same problem.. What i did was to copy the gps.conf file from stock rom and replaced it with what i had in ma phone with cm. This will not help much. But now i am able to get a gps lock, even though the no. of satellites locked are less compared to that detected by stock.

If you revert back to stock and flash cm, it wont help u. The files of stock will be over written by that of cm.

Sent From GT-I9082