[Q] Virgin Mobile SM-G900P

Search This thread

berzerkus

Oct 21, 2010
Good Evening,

I've got the Virgin Mobile Variant of the S5, which has the exact same model # as the Sprint and Boost (SM-G900P)

I see a lot of stuff on the development pages regarding this model, but I'm guessing it's mainly the Sprint variant. My question is, what do I need to be careful of when it comes to flashing roms/mods/etc based on the SM-G900P. I'm assuming the main difference is the APN's? I'm particularly interested in NE5, as I'm currently on ND2.

I appreciate any knowledge you can share, as I don't see a VM specific forum anywhere.

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Good Evening,

I've got the Virgin Mobile Variant of the S5, which has the exact same model # as the Sprint and Boost (SM-G900P)

I see a lot of stuff on the development pages regarding this model, but I'm guessing it's mainly the Sprint variant. My question is, what do I need to be careful of when it comes to flashing roms/mods/etc based on the SM-G900P. I'm assuming the main difference is the APN's? I'm particularly interested in NE5, as I'm currently on ND2.

I appreciate any knowledge you can share, as I don't see a VM specific forum anywhere.

With the S5, you can flash any Sprint, Boost, VM SM-G900P rom to your phone. NE5 is also the latest Sprint build, and is fine to flash to your phone.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: berzerkus

berzerkus

Oct 21, 2010
With the S5, you can flash any Sprint, Boost, VM SM-G900P rom to your phone. NE5 is also the latest Sprint build, and is fine to flash to your phone.

Does this apply to TAR's as well as the zips? Forgive my ignorance, I'm just trying to save a headache. I'm stuck on the VM GS3 mindset of a build needing to be catered to my device (and/or use APN fix). If that's not the case at all, that's useful to know.

berzerkus

Oct 21, 2010
Does this apply to TAR's as well as the zips? Forgive my ignorance, I'm just trying to save a headache. I'm stuck on the VM GS3 mindset of a build needing to be catered to my device (and/or use APN fix). If that's not the case at all, that's useful to know.

Not to be a pest, but I'm still curious about this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Evening,