scpion

May 31, 2009

Attachments

• unlock.jpg
    unlock.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 157

scpion

May 31, 2009
I'm pretty sure it does! I think my fastboot looks different from yours for some reason, but I hope it still means the same thing.

cos i was trying to unlock it with the listed methods but nothing worked...

1.Using the toolkit gives me an error return ( I think it says "type_error" )

2. Towel root 3.0 says my device not supported..

3. Root genius rebooted my phone afew times and says its rooted but I tried to verify with root checker, it says it in not..

4. I had previously rooted when I was on 4.2.2 and have superuser installed but it does nothing now.

Currently on 4.4.2 MT2-L05 official.

I am lost..

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
cos i was trying to unlock it with the listed methods but nothing worked...

1.Using the toolkit gives me an error return ( I think it says "type_error" )

2. Towel root 3.0 says my device not supported..

3. Root genius rebooted my phone afew times and says its rooted but I tried to verify with root checker, it says it in not..

4. I had previously rooted when I was on 4.2.2 and have superuser installed but it does nothing now.

Currently on 4.4.2 MT2-L05 official.

I am lost..

The toolkit doesn't work anymore.

Read this :

http://xdaforums.com/ascend-mate2/general/tutorial-how-to-root-china-variants-t2881042

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
What version of root genius are you using? 1.8.7 Will not work.

Only the version of Root genius 2.0.1.3 posted in the link above worked for me on 4.4.2 MT2-L05

scpion

May 31, 2009
What version of root genius are you using? 1.8.7 Will not work.

Only the version of Root genius 2.0.1.3 posted in the link above worked for me on 4.4.2 MT2-L05

I cant get the previous version of superuser(Clockwork) to uninstall, its installed as a system app.. I am going to start fresh, hard reset and try again.

Btw, u manage to get contacts to sync? On 4.2.2 I installed contactsync adapter to system so that it will work. On KK, I am a little afraid that might fail..

Update: Nope... hardreset doesnt work either. Root Genius installs Superuser but i am still not rooted.. :(

Last edited:

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
I cant get the previous version of superuser(Clockwork) to uninstall, its installed as a system app.. I am going to start fresh, hard reset and try again.

Btw, u manage to get contacts to sync? On 4.2.2 I installed contactsync adapter to system so that it will work. On KK, I am a little afraid that might fail..

Update: Nope... hardreset doesnt work either. Root Genius installs Superuser but i am still not rooted.. :(

That was the same Bootloader screen shown on your image as I had when I fast booted into fastboot for the first time.

It may say Bootloader unlocked, but I assure you that it's not if you have updated to 4.4.2

You HAVE to boot into fast boot again and enter your 16 digit unlock code to unlock the Bootloader. The root genius 2.0.1.3 will then root your phone and install supersu. If you don't enter your unlock code, you will not be rooted.

Just for clarity, on 4.2.2 I didn't need to unlock Bootloader........ 4.4.2 you DEFINITELY have to first.

j03x2

Aug 10, 2012

That was the same Bootloader screen shown on your image as I had when I fast booted into fastboot for the first time.

It may say Bootloader unlocked, but I assure you that it's not if you have updated to 4.4.2

You HAVE to boot into fast boot again and enter your 16 digit unlock code to unlock the Bootloader. The root genius 2.0.1.3 will then root your phone and install supersu. If you don't enter your unlock code, you will not be rooted.

Just for clarity, on 4.2.2 I didn't need to unlock Bootloader........ 4.4.2 you DEFINITELY have to first.

Had the same problem and will try to unlock my Bootloader again (even if it already says unlocked) and then use Root Genius.

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
That tool doesn't work anymore, and you have the wrong option in the top box anyway. If you want your unlock code, you need to email Huawei with your s/n and imie number and ask for bootloader unlock code.

mawais15

Jul 3, 2012
Flashed recovery but doesn't work.

Hi, i flashed the recovery using fastboot and then i tried to reboot into recovery but the phone just reboot after 1 try. here is my bootloader screen. Plz tell me how to root this phone. Its unlocked but i'm unable to root it.
IMAG1337.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1337.jpg
    IMAG1337.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 56

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
Hi, i flashed the recovery using fastboot and then i tried to reboot into recovery but the phone just reboot after 1 try. here is my bootloader screen. Plz tell me how to root this phone. Its unlocked but i'm unable to root it.
IMAG1337.jpg

Are you sure it's unlocked? Did you get the 16 digit bootloader unlock code from emailing Huawei your serial number and IMIE code and then use adb to unlock your bootloader?

I know that screen says unlocked, but unless you entered the bootloader unlock code I guarantee you that it isn't unlocked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't post the root link I used because my post count is too low. But if you google "mt2-l05 root" it should be the second link, from anzow.com. I translated the page to English using google. I did it when I was still on 4.2, not sure if it works on kitkat. Don't try and replace the Chinese root app with another one, it always seemed to mess up my root when I tried to do this. Also, the root is still write protected so I guess you don't quite have full access like I would prefer, but it does work well enough that Rom Toolbox can freeze apps. I tried changing permissions so I could write to the root but it would always soft brick my phone and I'd have to do a factory recovery.
    Thx for answer, Im a little afraid because the phones is working so nice... Maybe I´ll wait until found a secure metd to root. But Thank you

I wouldn't say it's unsafe, but I definitely felt sketched out using non English software to root. I'd do it again though, it's really great to get all those useless Chinese apps off the phone. As long as you don't mess with read/write permissions or kinguser, you shouldn't have any problems. The times I did soft brick I was always able to fix it via recovery.
    Im trying to download the two files esential to root the phone but the download is veeeery low and crashes after a couple of minutes, can yo pass me those files? Im talking about: "RootGenius_anzow.zip" and "WanDoujiaSeup_api.....exe"
    Thanks a lot
    android 4.4.2 root is still not available. i have tried much of this one-click-root toolkit but no luck.
    i have written the step herehttp://androidteen.com/huawei-ascend-mate-2-4g-root-guide/.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT2-L05 using XDA Free mobile app
    Just checked your link, did Huawei release KK 4.4.2 for the Mate2? I must have missed it? No update showing (USA version)

They did, but not for the US HAM2.