[Q] Evo 3D OTG (On-The-Go) USB Hosting.

Search This thread

mnomaanw

Jul 29, 2011
I managed to get Keyboard working aswell via USB HOST
Im using Leedroid and Kernel.
Using a mouse works strange, (no pointer , working like a touchpad)

When i plug in a usb-stick nothing happens.
DMESG seems to find the device, but does not know what to do with it.

Do we have usb-storage modules for our evo?
(im on GSM evo hw 0001)
Olympus ROM had the fully working USB host feature , maybe someone can port and make a flashable zip from it....
Chads latest kernel supports it, but require a ROM like Olympus too

Dankredues

Aug 30, 2008
Olympus ROM had the fully working USB host feature , maybe someone can port and make a flashable zip from it....
Chads latest kernel supports it, but require a ROM like Olympus too

Is there a way to still Grab this rom? I checked the XDA Thread and the threads on google, but everywhere the Mirrors where down, i'd like to look a bit at the rom ;)

Jan 10, 2010
when I use the OTG line connect with any devices,it always show please wait....

is anyone know what's problem for my EVO3D??
Can anybody help me to fix that?? THX ...

Attachments

• 2012-04-30_19-18-37.jpg
    2012-04-30_19-18-37.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 545

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
when I use the OTG line connect with any devices,it always show please wait....

is anyone know what's problem for my EVO3D??
Can anybody help me to fix that?? THX ...

Can't tell you how to fix it but your problem is written on your screen shot. You don't have the driver.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

smke

Sep 5, 2011
The buttered toast kernel is supposed to support OTG and the USB Host Diagnostics app says CM10.1 ("Wild for the night") is supposed to support OTG. I'm using the newest version of Buttered Toast from this post and it doesn't seem to support OTG (at least not according to the USB Host Diagnostics app).

Anyone have OTG working with CM10 or CM10.1?

smke

Sep 5, 2011
Apr 8 CM10.1 is supposed to support OTG and host diagnostics says OS supports it, but I can't get it to detect any devices using the same setup that works on a Touchpad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is this what the kernel guru Chad Goodman is talking about here?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20490074&postcount=1404

so far, of the 3 roms tested, this is the only one to make use of the host-mode feature in my kenrel, external storage :)

im loving it
    Yep, if you have an 002 phone (like me), you are out of luck for getting this to work. Otherwise you need the right ROM and kernel. The only match I know that worked were the Olympus ROMs with Anthrax kernel.

My test 6 kernel may work with hw002, but would still require titan roms

Sent from my PG8610000 using xda premium
    Just wanted to say thank you for continuing to look into this. Even if it's never possible - your effort is appreciated.

i had 2 people w/ hw002 phones tell me it worked.. so i have hope
    ...one of them being the actual developer of titan hd
    Hi... Today I've tried to do USB otg cable by myself and I've done it!

Unfortunately while I was pulling cable out of EVO's port I've destroyed connector (now I have to order new one and try again :)).

I have leedroid ROM and kernel.

Evo can't power devices, it must be done by external power supply. Keyboard and mouse are working (but mouse is behaving like trackball, when you move it left/right homescreens are switching). Keyboard works completely normal.

I also tried USB flash memory, but had no success :( (in phone&SD memory I have 3 memory's: phone, SD and USB (but it's unavailable))

My EVO 3D is hw001
    mouse and keyboard connection is also working via bluetooth, only hdd connection could probably be a problem... :D