5.9.904 Update Leaked for Bionic

Search This thread

brandonnichols360

Dec 31, 2011
Everytime i try to install it via stock recovery, it says and not verify signature?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva
heres a question:

Should i reinstall safestrap and eclipse after updating to this or just reroot and runsafestrap to switch back to my backup?

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
Everytime i try to install it via stock recovery, it says and not verify signature?

Try downloading and verifying the MD5 sum.

heres a question:

Should i reinstall safestrap and eclipse after updating to this or just reroot and runsafestrap to switch back to my backup?

The update should not affect your data, meaning safe strap should already be installed. Just to be safe, run the safe strap app and verify. If you have root with forever root, you should be good to go, otherwise you may need to re root.

You should verify before doing anything that eclipse actually works with 904 before going there, but yeah, after all is said and done, you'll need to reinstall eclipse.

Sent from my BIONIC running CM9 Self Kang via Tapatalk 2

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva
does anyone have a non corrupted .902 I can flash?

Every one Ive tried has failed saying that some files are missing or the download link is dead

Made it to 904 fine. Problem came up while trying to reinstall eclipse.
apparently safestrap still had a file somewhere on my phone that WOULD NOT let me install anything to establish a safe mode.

It kept giving me a /data error

Thanks in Advance

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva
Yep that did it. But quick note..........I wasn't able to get the full dl in chrome, had to switch to IE

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Also has anyone flashed the beats zip on this with success?

Tucknology

Jul 11, 2011
You must apply this patch to stock, unmodified system (rooted is ok). If you are running safestrap you need to switch to unsafe system before proceeding. If you installed a custom ROM using bootstrap, you need to restore stock (not worth your time for this update IMO).

Last edited:
Reactions: FastKatt317

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
Unsafe. Safe is the one where we can install custom ROMs....

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Where do I verify the Md5?

This is what I've got - I'm trying to verify with at least one other person (tuck) to make sure I have a good version downloaded....

CRC32: 922EA8EA
MD5: 1E6C6C8069B81C0A0E7FA91A70B2066A
SHA-1: 76AC04F915B1997B395E096B83F9127D36CACE64

Reactions: Tucknology

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Took my bionic out of the drawer and put my active SIM in.

I flashed this (no factory reset or wipe)... Once it finished booting up, it started bringing down app updates (about 15 since I had the Bionic off for so long), and within 15 min, I lost the blue 3G with 4 bars lit (RSSI -72dbm CDMA eHRPD), and had just 3 white bars no "G's"... and a pop-up saying "no internet connection"... after about 10 min, I got a white 3G with 4 bars (I didn't check RSSI), and another few minutes, the 3G turned blue and started downloading again.

If I get another data drop, I'll likely WIPE the phone and try again. but with 88 apps installed, wiping, reloading apps, etc... isn't something I want to do right away.

My bionic and TB are setup exactly the same way, with the same apps (except Go Contacts EX on the Bionic, which isn't on the TB)... The TB still hasn't exhibited these data drops the Bionic has. If I wipe the Bionic, I'll probably switch back to the TB while I do it and re-configure it.

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva
Surprisingly for me, my data has been rock solid since updating to. 904

O and beats audio works. The issue was with safestrap

Top Liked Posts