Original housing available on ebay!

Search This thread

arclite2012

Jun 4, 2012
what about the sim card tray??can we change the colour of that else it will be pointless installing a housing of another colour

tmaniac

Oct 22, 2006
Utrecht
I'm thinking about buying this one; Ebay Link

I'm experiencing the WiFi Issue and after calling with HTC i concluded that i don't trust HTC service to repair this issue (can you believe that?!)
Also, want to change the phone to white.

it's only 50 euro's so it's not THAT expensive.

Not yet decided though ;)

Aleemz

Aug 30, 2006
My white One X was replaced under insurance, but they replaced it with the black one. They won't exchange it because it's deemed as a 'cosmetic' issue, which apparently isn't covered under their replacement policy.

At least I have another option by replacing the housing.

the guitarist

Sep 6, 2008
i'm actually more concerned about the quality of those battery covers, are they the same as the original ?! you don't want to get all scratched up and the coating starts to peel off or something

definiteform

Jun 16, 2012
Singapore
Hmm. I'm quite happy with my black HOX, and it really matches nice with my black metal slim case; however, there's something neat about that white phone cover. Having both would be neat to switch between the two whenever you feel like it.

As previously confirmed, they're 100% HTC parts so they're not knockoffs. I'd recommend picking one up if you have the spare cash for a matching case as well.

wineds

Jun 11, 2009
Melbourne
I don't they are made by htc. More likely Chinese clones. Over the years I have bought a lot of housings and back shells for various phones on Ebay. None of them were a perfect fit. Some were better than others. its a bit of a lottery I think

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Last time i opened my device i used my fingernails....that way you can only damage your fingernail ;)

Thanks but I don't want to rip my nails out trying!

b-george

Jul 17, 2010
Do you guys know how to change the speakers, because the housing comes without speakers.

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2

Tony_M

Oct 5, 2007
Almost 3 weeks after placing my order it finally arrived. In all fairness I did get an email confirming shipping the very next day I placed my order and anything that goes through customs has a tendency to get delayed. Your experience may change depending on where you live.

It came packaged in bubble wrap. 1.8 meters worth of it. It does give the impression that somebody had already been popping the bubbles tho. Silky texture plastic bag and finally a bubble wrap sleeve where the battery cover fits in perfectly. As you can see in the photos it's covered in protective tape all around.

As far as I can tell it does look like the real deal. Once I open up my phone then I'll have something to compare to but as far as the outer shell it looks exactly the same.

Attachments

• cover1.jpg
    cover1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 372
  • cover2.jpg
    cover2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 370

Nafi33

Jan 2, 2010
Almost 3 weeks after placing my order it finally arrived. In all fairness I did get an email confirming shipping the very next day I placed my order and anything that goes through customs has a tendency to get delayed. Your experience may change depending on where you live.

It came packaged in bubble wrap. 1.8 meters worth of it. It does give the impression that somebody had already been popping the bubbles tho. Silky texture plastic bag and finally a bubble wrap sleeve where the battery cover fits in perfectly. As you can see in the photos it's covered in protective tape all around.

As far as I can tell it does look like the real deal. Once I open up my phone then I'll have something to compare to but as far as the outer shell it looks exactly the same.

That looks pretty good! Keep us updated :)

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
volume and power buttons inclided? hope someone can do a video of replacing it, especially the steps that we have to do after replacement to seal it properly

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used the corner of an old credit card and fingernails, it did't leave any marks on mine and i've opened it twice now.

Credit cards and my fingers. No other tools were needed.

The housing is the real deal. All hole and buttons align perfectly. Led, cameras, mic, speaker, volume rocker and power/sleep button.

Theres a couple of protective cover you have to remove from the housing before inserting the phone in it. Mostly for the adhesive it comes with and the camera port.

There was a little adhesive residue on the battery but I removed it because the new housing already comes with it.

Rear speaker just pops out of the old housing and into the new one.

I'm very happy with it.
    that's a good new:) Now I can fall my phone without fear

Hhahaha i will buy one to test it and give to xda community some info about it.

saw a couple of video's on how to replace the housing.....from the looks of it, scary :eek:

That's just me :cyclops:
    So guys, any news here? Have you guys assembled it, was it easy to do?

And is everything still ok? No faults developed?

Yes, I have changed my housing, and have performed the procudure twice.

There are a few things to watch out for. I'd also recommend watching all the videos on the web/youtube. The case doesn't come away quite as easy as how it's shown in the videos. I think that's because it isn't the first time those phones have had the housing off, so the factory glue/adhesive seal has already been broken. If you need to remove the housing a second time, it is very similar to the videos you see on youtube etc.

It's best to start from the bottom left corner.

Take your time, don't rush it. Once you have the corner loose, it's tempting to apply extra pressure to get the other side of the case off too, but you will risk delaminating the screen (splitting the screen where it is glued together). This will give you the screen flex issue when you reassemble it. It does take some time to get the case to detach past the retaining tabs on the inner body. The glue/adhesive on the tape that holds the case together is quite strong, and if you apply too much pressure to get the two parts apart, you risk damaging the screen.

In hindsight, I would suggest using hot air (hair drier) on the back of the phone to soften the glue/adhesive before you start, and then again after you have got the first corner loose.

The speaker is mounted in a board which you can see in the pics of the housing I purchased. The speaker seamed to be fixed into this board, and rather than risk damaging it, I simply removed the whole board, containing the speaker from the old housing and replaced the board in the new housing with this.

When I reassembled the phone, I noticed the screen flexing/white riples when I pressed the screen around the edge. I pressed the screen in firmly around all the edges, and then this issue disappeared.

Just ask if you have any questions, and I'll try and answer them.