[Q] 4.4.2 wi-fi issues

Search This thread

Name.

Mar 9, 2013
HI, I've got constant wi-fi issues on ma nexus 4 4.4.2. It certainly isn't the hardware, I got a replacement and the problem persists, which annoyed me cos all my photos cos messed up in order :(. anyway my wi-fi always disconnects and doesn't connect, this keeps on happening. im on a dual band router. is this only on 4.4.2? this problem only started happening in the last month or so. as far as i know it doesnt happen with other networks but when my wi-fi on my nexus drops, it doesn't drop with any thing else in the house. thank you
p.s. - i have a feeling it may be to do with something about the dual band. also the problem doesn't persist on my iphones, does this happen for you too?

was on paranoid android 4.2 beta with matr1x now on complete stock though

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
HI, I've got constant wi-fi issues on ma nexus 4 4.4.2. It certainly isn't the hardware, I got a replacement and the problem persists, which annoyed me cos all my photos cos messed up in order :(. anyway my wi-fi always disconnects and doesn't connect, this keeps on happening. im on a dual band router. is this only on 4.4.2? this problem only started happening in the last month or so. as far as i know it doesnt happen with other networks but when my wi-fi on my nexus drops, it doesn't drop with any thing else in the house. thank you
p.s. - i have a feeling it may be to do with something about the dual band. also the problem doesn't persist on my iphones, does this happen for you too?

was on paranoid android 4.2 beta with matr1x now on complete stock though
In your phone's Wifi settings, select either 5.0 Ghz or 2.4 Ghz and see if it helps. Also, try to search for Wifi fix by Kalo in the Development Thread and then flash it in recovery.