Syed Ather Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional

Search This thread

insaint

Sep 18, 2007
It would seam that changing the regional settings is indeed relevant to the problem, however upon examining other skins, it would seam that poorlyduck's skin, is a little bit out of "spec". I prepared a fix. Since I can not change files on the ROM, the solution isn't elegant, but it works nonetheless. I was unable to make a .CAB, sorry. My CAB Manager is constantly crashing. Feel free to make a .CAB as you see fit. :)

To apply the fix:
- Copy .PNG files to "\Windows" folder
- Use the .REG file to change registry
or
- Use Registry Editor to manualy change registry, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Spb Software House\Spb Calculator and change key "FileType" from "gif" to "png"

Calculator Fix

Last edited:

k_blal

Jul 22, 2004
seeking this rom with bigger ramdisk

hi guys i took this rom...i looks great, but the ramdisk is not sufficient for me so followed the steps of c-shekhar

1. Extract NK.nba
> xda2nbftool -x NK.nbf NK.nba 0×20040304

2. Open NK.nba with a Hex Editor
3. Go To Address 0x00456250 (since this is a WM6.1)
4. modified as follows:
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 04 --> 64 MB program, memory: RAMdisk= 64MB
4. Updated the Image Check Sum
> xda2nbftool -c -u NK.nba

5. Repack as NK.nbf
> xda2nbftool -x NK.nba NK.nbf 0×20040304

6. Put in the same directory as HimaUpgradeUt.exe or HimaUpgradeUt_NoID.exe

7. Flashed normally

but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have a problem i keep getting the error that the check sum is incorrect

can any one tell me were is my mistake ? please any one ?
one more thing i didn't know how can i modify the nk.nba to change the registry for the right size of the ramdisk !!! so that when i will flash this rom i will get all these changes delete

faraz.riaz

Nov 1, 2007
The ROM is fast and stable. Amazingly the internet sharing does work. But A2DP doesn’t work and I can’t use Voice Command via Bluetooth. Also, 4 GB SDHC card is not working on it either.

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
I dont think you are following the Hima WM6 forums area because you CANNOT run SDHC cards on the Hima yet !! ..

@ all

I will be releasing another verison of my WM 6.1 soon ( actaully on completeing my 1000 posts :) )

nesty24

Feb 19, 2007
To Ather!

Hey Bro, do u remember me? It's been a while and now you're rocking again. I am not yet flashing any wm6.1 coz i just want to know how great it is b4 I flash it. But it's good to see you rockin here all the time.

Good Luck Bro!

k_blal

Jul 22, 2004
neassage to ather

ather

thank you so much fro this beautiful rom
i need the ramdisk to be 48mb
could you please upload nk.nbf file with the proper modifications i have been trying to do it alone a lot unsuccessfully
thanks

E-Quake

Dec 19, 2004
ActiveSync?

Hey
I just flashed my Hima but it seems that now I cannot connect anymore with activesync
Any clues what it could be?

shiyg

Mar 8, 2008
I tried this rom. its wonderful! thanks a lot.
one thing disturbing me is shock-wave noise when playing mp3. any solutions?

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
active sync prob

Hi, there im trying to improve my xda skills for some times , bot i have a big prob every time if flasch to wm6. no active sync!! Allways this answer with the prototype ect. After changing USb TO PC Settings the devive blocs every action. Then i tryed to sync after i changed WM5torage to aktive - still no chanche to sync because of the leak of driver.
I still use active sync 3.8 and 4.0 on two notebooks, cause there was no reason to change till now. This bug in the calculator is noting , because wm6 is english. Try to translate it to German with the help of the german kitchen of teflock. don´t know if it´ll work but i hope so.

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
Switch over to activesync 4.5

Cool, works fine. But i still have probs to connect to Internet. Even with my SD-Wlan Card connected to my router something is wrong with the connection settings. i don´t know why it needs settings at all. And what about this WLAN MANAGER? I thougt only the 2i has got Wlan onboard.

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
My advice-Allways try twice!
Now internet via USB works fine. Just my Pluscom SD WLan Card dosn´t work, like in the WM6Pro Rom, I flashed last time. Maybe someone can help me, because I think it´s my fault. My skills on WM5 and 6 are quite poor, like my englisch.

boby1911

Mar 19, 2008
Jakarta
www.chubweb.com
gee i wanna ask i have downloaded this from ur site also,

Syed_Ather_WM6_Professional...

which one is better? help me out pls, its going to be the first time i flash my himalaya(xdaII) and i wanna ask, if suddenly say i want to have back wm2003, can i? and can i move my sms in wm2003 in the new wm06, i really want my sms, coz its full of memories :)

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
With a few backups of the Extended Rom and/or Storage or the original FlashRom from the O2-Homepage and the help of this tiny tool PPCPimBackup.cab you can export and import back and forth. HimaDocTool and HimaDocTool Restore are important and working really fine. Flashing and testing the ROMs is a big fun, because both are great work. I think, it wouldn´t be fair to discuss wich one is better, because they are different and both worth to be tryed.

dougsdir

Sep 20, 2004
program memory

I used the extended rom unlocker to get Storage of 30.53mb
i also have program memory of 77.23MB of which 17.78 is in use and 59.46 free

when i install and cab programs the only place i can install to is Storage ( i have no choice as i dont get an option for anywere else)
how can i install stuff to program memory? is program memory the RAMDisk?

Also i cannot browse the web over wifi
I installed my Spectec wifi card and it picks up an ip address etc
but i cannot borwse any pages, even my router's config page.
in ie i just get a "cannot connect" error and tells me to change connection

Last edited:

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
For me, I use HimaDOC Tool as discribed in a thread to get big Storage, But even without I was asked to install on device or on RAMdisc. After unlocking installing on EXTROM too, I think, but I´m not sure anymore. After upgrading the old Win2k3 cabs in the EXTRom were still there, it disappeared after using HimaDOC, but this is logic, because the storage is reorganized. We both have the same WIFI prob. I think it is a prob with Internet sharing, we can´t choose WiFi to get the net.

Top Liked Posts