slow charge

Search This thread

guy6136206

Jan 7, 2012
I read a post here and I didn't quite understand which charger should I buy for a quick charge.
Appreciate the help.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
The one that came with the phone.

The phone will only take in what it needs.

This phone charges the fastest I have ever witnessed on AC obviously.

plethorahil

Jun 12, 2013
I read a post here and I didn't quite understand which charger should I buy for a quick charge.
Appreciate the help.
only use the charger given with the box cause they have settled some voltage parameters according to phone's battery ...so dont go for any other charger ...it might heat up your battery or any wrong can be happen to u ....

bro it is 2300 mah battery so it takes time to fill up some juice into battery ...

dont worry

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

raptir

May 4, 2010
only use the charger given with the box cause they have settled some voltage parameters according to phone's battery ...so dont go for any other charger ...it might heat up your battery or any wrong can be happen to u ....

bro it is 2300 mah battery so it takes time to fill up some juice into battery ...

dont worry

All (good) USB chargers are going to charge at the same 5V as the Nexus 5 charger. Any charger from another phone will work without issue, but if it's under 1.2A it will charge more slowly (many are 1A). Just don't buy a cheap, poorly made charger and you'll be fine.

The major assumption here that a slower charge leads to a higher run time is not true.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

A slower charge leads to the saturation charge phase taking less time while the constant current phase takes longer. The battery in the Nexus 5 and the accompanying 1.2A charger is meant to give you the quick 70% charge that is discussed in the BU article and then trickle charge during the saturation charge. If you're charging overnight it doesn't matter which method you use, you'll still reach 100% around the same time and the runtime will be the same.

guy6136206

Jan 7, 2012
Tnx everyone, I have the original chargr but I lost is cable.
I tried many cables but that just are not fast enoug.
Any idea where I can buy one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

dont worry

All (good) USB chargers are going to charge at the same 5V as the Nexus 5 charger. Any charger from another phone will work without issue, but if it's under 1.2A it will charge more slowly (many are 1A). Just don't buy a cheap, poorly made charger and you'll be fine.

The major assumption here that a slower charge leads to a higher run time is not true.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

A slower charge leads to the saturation charge phase taking less time while the constant current phase takes longer. The battery in the Nexus 5 and the accompanying 1.2A charger is meant to give you the quick 70% charge that is discussed in the BU article and then trickle charge during the saturation charge. If you're charging overnight it doesn't matter which method you use, you'll still reach 100% around the same time and the runtime will be the same.