Ringtones playing slowly/laggy

Search This thread

kickling

May 3, 2014
Does anyone else have an issue, when you set an mp3 as your ringtone or notification (i.e. instead of the stock sounds) it starts plays 20% slower than it should? Like it's very laggy/choppy at the beginning of the sound for about 3 seconds before it eventually catches up to regular speed ... almost as if the phone can't handle playing the mp3 and also vibrate at the same time!

It seems to be the case if you are charging the phone using either wall charger or USB.

AlanJC

Nov 15, 2004
West Midlands
I get the slight choppy thing too. I hadn't noticed whether it was when charging or not, but it doesn't always happen. I haven't noticed it at all today to be honest, but I did restart the phone earlier as I was having problems with a game.

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
Yes, same here, am using stock ringtone and am on Kit Kat, ringtone rings up jerky and choppy in the very beginning.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

kickling

May 3, 2014
I have even tried copying the files onto the internal storage to allow it to read the file faster ... no change.

And sorry, I can also confirm it is all the time, not only when charging.

Seriously ... beginning to think this is money not well spent.

Last edited:

cheetah2k

May 27, 2008
Brisbane
I found a problem with my wife's Z1C today where any music being played off her 16gb Sandisk microSD would cut in and out every 3-5 seconds. Also happened for ringtones.. I swapped out the microsd card for a Sandisk Ultra 64gb and solved the issue. I think the quality of the microsd card is an issue with these phones

Reactions: pathaniya

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
I have even tried copying the files onto the internal storage to allow it to read the file faster ... no change.

And sorry, I can also confirm it is all the time, not only when charging.

Seriously ... beginning to think this is money not well spent.

Don't know about the rest, but i can vouch it's a money well spent. Until 64bit, octa core, Android becomes a norm. :)

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found a problem with my wife's Z1C today where any music being played off her 16gb Sandisk microSD would cut in and out every 3-5 seconds. Also happened for ringtones.. I swapped out the microsd card for a Sandisk Ultra 64gb and solved the issue. I think the quality of the microsd card is an issue with these phones