[WARNING] Do not partition SD card using ClockworkMod | FIXED in 3.0.2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

guanakito100

Apr 13, 2010
I'm not sure if I'm on the same page as you but there is a video on youtube about thus set up. I cant remember the name of the video but search (how to unbrick) whatever your phone is; you should find a vidoe on it or search how to unbrick a Samsung captivate. You are sure to find it that way...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Last edited:

elreymon

Nov 25, 2009
I'm not sure if I'm on the same page as you but there is a video on youtube about thus set up. I cant remember the name of the video but search (how to unbrick) whatever your phone is; you should find a vidoe on it or search how to unbrick a Samsung captivate. You are sure to find it that way...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

What?
I don´t understand a word!

What are you trying to say?

Siru5

Sep 13, 2009
Think he is just trying to say that there are ways to unbrick your phone. And that 'you tube' may have videos on how to do it.

asadpakistani

Apr 5, 2009
My device Bricked

My samsung vibrant was bricked because of that piece of crap partition sd card option in the rom manager, I had to Odin my phone to the Eugene froyo then install a CWR form voodoo's website and then flash a ROM and then restore my backup to get it running. It wasted an entire day, but i got it running in the end. There was alot of misinformation and a ****ing MBR checksum error that really made me pull my hair...but at the end of the day i got it working. and i am never NEVER using that rom manager again

jamina1

Nov 10, 2010
Kalamazoo
I was trying to partition the external SD card and it partitioned the Internal one instead. Now my phone is basically reset, and all my apps are gone.

Thank god for Titanium backup, but now my internal storage is 4gb smaller and there's nothing I can do to get it back.

elreymon

Nov 25, 2009
After partitioning it´s logic to loose data. But partitioning is a reversible process. I mean, from the recovery console you should be able to repartition again your interna memory to it´s original state. But, as I said, from the console and typing commands by yourself.

r0sc0sco

Oct 11, 2009
Hi guys,

I used clockwork to partition my SD card, it hasnt effected my phone just the card itself its no longer working! iv tried it in a camera, laptop, card reader, and nothing! anyone got any suggestions, iv also tried adb shell etc etc and it wont find the card at all! really do not need any information off this card. simply for it to work again would be great.

any ideas please comment!

Rosco

tejasar

Aug 31, 2011
As the title says, do not partition SD card using ClockworkMod or ROM Manager.

There has been multiple bricked devices already, all after partitioning SD in CWM. The device suddenly turns off while the partitioning is in progress, and never turns on again. We do not know what causes this issue yet, but I am sure that ClockworkMod team will look into it.

Update:

Update 2:

Update 3:

New ClockworkMod 3.0.2.6 and ROM Manager 4.1.0.0 are out! There has been multiple confirmations of the problem being fixed, but also ONE brick. So take the fix with a grain of salt.

i have CWM 4.0.0.5 installed on my galaxy Fit and successfully partitioned my SD card....and moved apps to Ext partition...so don't worry guys...

see that you have the right version of CWM installed on your phone...

the procedure i followed is ---
1. Reboot your device into CWM
2. Go to Advance>>Partition SD Card option and select the size of Ext partition (it depends on you...options are 128MB,256MB,512MB,1024 MB) i have selected 512MB for partitioning my 2GB card..
3. after that select swap partition size as 0 Mb.
it will take 1 min or 2...don't panic...

4. [Optional] Format your sd-ext from mounts and storage>>fromat /sd-ext option in CWM recovery. (it will be better to do this step ) i have done it.
5.after that reboot your device...and move your apps by using A2SDGUI app successfully

press thanks if i helped you

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
i have CWM 4.0.0.5 installed on my galaxy Fit and successfully partitioned my SD card....and moved apps to Ext partition...so don't worry guys...

see that you have the right version of CWM installed on your phone...

the procedure i followed is ---
1. Reboot your device into CWM
2. Go to Advance>>Partition SD Card option and select the size of Ext partition (it depends on you...options are 128MB,256MB,512MB,1024 MB) i have selected 512MB for partitioning my 2GB card..
3. after that select swap partition size as 0 Mb.
it will take 1 min or 2...don't panic...

4. [Optional] Format your sd-ext from mounts and storage>>fromat /sd-ext option in CWM recovery. (it will be better to do this step ) i have done it.
5.after that reboot your device...and move your apps by using A2SDGUI app successfully

press thanks if i helped you

Look at how old this thread is. It was patched.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As the title says, do not partition SD card using ClockworkMod or ROM Manager.

There has been multiple bricked devices already, all after partitioning SD in CWM. The device suddenly turns off while the partitioning is in progress, and never turns on again. We do not know what causes this issue yet, but I am sure that ClockworkMod team will look into it.

Update:
    Looking into this. I don't have a DHD but I have an idea why this is happening.
    Update 2:
    I have a fix ready now. I will need to release a new recovery and new ROM Manager to address this.
    Update 3:

New ClockworkMod 3.0.2.6 and ROM Manager 4.1.0.0 are out! There has been multiple confirmations of the problem being fixed, but also ONE brick. So take the fix with a grain of salt.
    Ok............

This thread has been stickied by me in order to inform everybody about this situation.
    Do report if you have gone through this problem only...no more thanks or OT chatter, please.
    I'm in contact with the Mod team to investigate even further if this does affect any other devices as well.
    Please be patient and do not pollute this thread ;)

Cheers,

M_T_M

@jkoljo...thanks for your help on this very important matter.
    Wow, reviving old & obsolete threads is not cool. Please apply a little more common sense before posting.

Thread Closed.
    I will edit the topic to [FIXED] when someone confirms SD partitioning to be working. I believe that it is quite hard to find a person who is willing to test that..

edit: ok, confirmed!
    I have a fix ready now. I will need to release a new recovery and new ROM Manager to address this.