My Note 2 doesn't work with the updated Google Now

Search This thread

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
Updated Google Now today, and I have a few bugs.

The worst bug: When I tap on the menu key, the menu only quickly flashes.

I cannot get a card back if I accidentally swipe it away.

I cannot remove a stock from the stock card.

The vioce search is not working.

Also, although not a bug, the widget design looks too simplistic, displays minimal info (guess Google wants us to come inside), takes up only 4x3 space as a 4x4 widget. If I shrink it down to 4x3, then it will take 4x2 space, and so on. Drives me nuts.

As their flagship app, I am surprised at the low quality of this major update.

Anyone else care to share their feedback?

TailsNeon556

Jun 22, 2009
NYC
Maybe uninstall and re-install? Maybe try a reboot? I'm on rooted bone stock and it works fine.. I think as more cards come up the widget will use more space hence the large 4x4 space required .. Voice search working fine as well as the menu key long press

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
Thanks for the input. I am on stock rom and have rebooted to make sure I have a clean start. I will try un install and reinstall.

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
Maybe uninstall and re-install? Maybe try a reboot? I'm on rooted bone stock and it works fine.. I think as more cards come up the widget will use more space hence the large 4x4 space required .. Voice search working fine as well as the menu key long press

After you use long press to enter Google now, could you tap on menu again and see what happens? Mine will only flash the menu. Definitely a bug.

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still the same bugs. I have also seen the same complaints in the play store now.

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
I finally had to uninstall the update and everything is fine again. Saw a lot of similar complaints on Google play. Can't believe this comes from Google and their flagship app.

GQJ

Jul 24, 2012
Yes, my menu button in Google Now is not working either, just to confirm and complain. WTF. Such an obvious mishap. I have not seen other phones complain about it though.

livingaboard

Jan 29, 2012
my google now is working as it was before as far as i can tell. I do a long press on the menu button on the 'button' next to the home key or long press on the google search bar to bring me into google now. Then I press the menu key which brings me to settings page

The settings page has the Google Now at the top, then voice, then phone search, then privacy and accounts. Everything works fine running cleanrom 4.0.5

cmjkxa

May 24, 2011
San diego
The only work around is clicking the weather card in Google now and pressing settings. It doesn't flash then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Reactions: Gary02468

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
On Google Play it looks like most of the issues with the menu key are from GN2 users, except one report from a S3 Mini user.

The other major complaint is that the weather hourly slider is gone after the update.

And the widget sizing problem is popular too.

techgirlpgh

Aug 30, 2012
Other devices

There is another thread on xda where someone with the HTC sensation is having the same issue. I have a friend with the international note 2. He said he had the issue first couple tries and then it fixed itself. I tried cleaning data, uninstalling and using a themed Google now apk and nothing works. I'm rooted on clean ROM ace 4.0.5

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
There is another thread on xda where someone with the HTC sensation is having the same issue. I have a friend with the international note 2. He said he had the issue first couple tries and then it fixed itself. I tried cleaning data, uninstalling and using a themed Google now apk and nothing works. I'm rooted on clean ROM ace 4.0.5

I spoke too soon. My fix only lasted for a short while.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
Same bug here (stock unrooted). Clearing cache/data doesn't help. Visiting the weather card does work around the bug.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only work around is clicking the weather card in Google now and pressing settings. It doesn't flash then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium