Massive battery drain with xposed framework or Gravity box latest update ?

Search This thread

Matte93

Oct 12, 2013
Am I the only one that has seen massive battery drain with xposed framework or gravity box latest update ?

I always make a backup before updating so now i'm back at version 2.5.1 Xposed and 3.1.2 on gravity box. Not having battery problem now.

If i update to 2.6.1 xposed and to 3.1.4 GravityBox i have massive battery drain.

Am i the only one?

Maybe i'm updating in the wrong way. This is how i do:
1.Download and install latest xposed apk.
2.Framework--> Install/Update
3.Reboot.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
What do you mean by massive battery drain? Need more details, what's causing it. A battery screen shot would be better than nothing, better yet, gsam or bbs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Matte93

Oct 12, 2013
What do you mean by massive battery drain? Need more details, what's causing it. A battery screen shot would be better than nothing, better yet, gsam or bbs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Didn't try to wiping cache/dalvik.

I can't make battery screen shot because i've restored the nandroid backup. I remember on BBS under "Partial Wakelocks" the first was nlpCollectorWakeLock, in about 20 minutes the wakelocks count were at about 200. And under "Alarms" com.google.android.gms was first.

G

GuestX0057

Didn't try to wiping cache/dalvik.

I can't make battery screen shot because i've restored the nandroid backup. I remember on BBS under "Partial Wakelocks" the first was nlpCollectorWakeLock, in about 20 minutes the wakelocks count were at about 200. And under "Alarms" com.google.android.gms was first.
This has absolutely nothing to do with Xposed or Gravity Box. NLP stands for Network Location Provider and the cause of NLP wakelocks are the Google Location Service. There's a long thread about this particular issue in the Nexus 5 general section. Turn your location settings off or "device only" and/or turn off Google Now. That is right now the only work-around available until Google fixes it.

Edit: Here's a link to that thread so you can read more about the issue. It is not ROM related, it is not Xposed related, it is not kernel related and it is not recovery related.

G

GuestX0057

Ok thanks. I'll try to update again xposed and gravitybox
Like I said mate, it doesn't matter. You can even uninstall xposed and gravitybox and it won't make any difference regarding that NLP wakelock bug. It is Google's problem and occurs with location access and Google Now.

Matte93

Oct 12, 2013
I disabled Google Now, and changed the location setting to only GPS. Now it's even better. Thanks!

killer618

Jun 14, 2013
Do you think that using the xposed to rearrange the nav-bar buttons will affect the performance or the battery life?