[UPDATE][KERNEL][REPACK] GB27 with AGAT tREC_v0.3.5 recovery

Search This thread

Awesome Donkey

Feb 19, 2013
Any chance of a repack for Boost Mobile's GC01 variant (which is more or less GB27 with little changes I'm assuming)?

agat63

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Didn't check sammies site last few days (spring cleaning in and around the house) so I missed the source.
So I'll answer last 2 posts here:
1. I can try to make source build GB27 kernel with my recovery over the weekend. May be sooner.
2. I can try to make a Boost GC01 repack but I can't test it in any way so I'll need a stock kernel and a tester.

agat63

Sep 14, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

That's a full source.
Do you want me to compile kernel from source?
If yes that will take more time.
I'll need to sync the source tree, set up build tree on my local drive. edit defconfig file, get boost mobile ramdisk or make sure that sprint ramdisk will work for you and build the kernel.
Repack I can make in 30-35 min. Building kernel from source will take few hours and I'll have to make time for it.

Mattix724

Sep 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
OnePlus 8
Re: [NEW][KERNEL][REPACK] GB27 with AGAT tREC_v0.3.2 recovery

Didn't check sammies site last few days (spring cleaning in and around the house) so I missed the source.
So I'll answer last 2 posts here:
1. I can try to make source build GB27 kernel with my recovery over the weekend. May be sooner.
2. I can try to make a Boost GC01 repack but I can't test it in any way so I'll need a stock kernel and a tester.

Agat, do you have a GTalk? I was wondering if you could help me learn how to compile a recovery kernel from source. That way if you or garwynn are away in the future I can jump in and build one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

agat63

Sep 14, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Agat, do you have a GTalk? I was wondering if you could help me learn how to compile a recovery kernel from source. That way if you or garwynn are away in the future I can jump in and build one.

I do have gtalk but not at work.
Can't install anything on corporate PC.
I'm available evening tho.

Reactions: Mattix724

Awesome Donkey

Feb 19, 2013
That's a full source.
Do you want me to compile kernel from source?
If yes that will take more time.
I'll need to sync the source tree, set up build tree on my local drive. edit defconfig file, get boost mobile ramdisk or make sure that sprint ramdisk will work for you and build the kernel.
Repack I can make in 30-35 min. Building kernel from source will take few hours and I'll have to make time for it.

Give me a little bit, I'll have to rerun the firmware update process from Kies then hopefully grab it while it's updating the phone.

EDIT: Got it, PMed you a link to it.

Last edited:

Awesome Donkey

Feb 19, 2013
Still testing, but it's working great so far! Testing the various features (backup/restore, flashing, etc.) right now.

Last edited:

leaderbuilder

Get that bad boy up

Dude, you really need to chill.
There is no demanding here of the superb devs and contributors who put their time, experience and effort towards helping all.
That **** is rude! I understand you may be anxious but when ever it's ready Agat63 will put out whatever the hell he wants.
I for one will be simply very thankful. Agat63 doesn't even have our phone anymore and still contributes here! That shows his character. Your shouting/demanding something is showing yours. </rant>

Thanks Agat for all the work bro. You rock!

svicenty

I'm just playing with him not every on here could be the chear leader that's your role I'm the JOKER now go home and get pom pom

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

If he can't fix it no one can

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Hey agat l know your the man I'm just trying to make it fun don't you which girls could hang off your balls like some of guys on here

JCred

Sep 15, 2011
jcred.cyberdynesystems.us

I'm just playing with him not every on here could be the chear leader that's your role I'm the JOKER now go home and get pom pom

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

If he can't fix it no one can

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Hey agat l know your the man I'm just trying to make it fun don't you which girls could hang off your balls like some of guys on here

What you qualify as "making it fun" is what would motivate the person doing the work to demotivate.

Sent from my GB27 (4.1.2) leaking SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

svicenty

Did he complained no he responded he knows I'm playing he gets hundreds of guys like you on with the same response he's a human
He needs to smile once in a while know go home and get your pom pom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I present the GB27 Repack Kernel with new recovery tRec_0.3.2.
    This recovery has been compiled with CM10 (JB) source and works better with JB roms/OS.
    The repack is not perfect yet but it can be used as daily driver as is.
    I wasn't able to test if fully but it boots to system and to recovery. Mounts to PC etc.
    All known bugs from previous JB repacks should be present. Those will be fixed once we have source and can
    build custom kernels.

Till than you can use this one.
    AGAT_GB27_repack.tar
    Flash it with Mobile ODIN or PC ODIN.

This repack has newest recovery tRec_v0.3.5 that has been compiled with CM10.1.
    It has been tested with source build GB27 kernel. Everything has been tested many times.
    I worked on this recovery with Garwynn and his help was huge. He did most of the testing and also last
    mods and edits to recovery source to make it work.
    Hopefully it will take care of all other known problems as well.
    My wife doesn't have many paid apps but those she has are present after few reboots.
    Here is the link:
    AGAT_GB27_repack1.tar

Enjoy.
    Quick update:
    With Garwynn's help finally was able to build a working GB27 kernel with my recovery.
    I'll start updates and tweaks today and hopefully will be done by mid week.
    As for GC01 repack I'm still waiting for some feed back from testers.
    I wanna hope since I don't have anything yet it's a good sign.
    If no complaints by tomorrow evening I'll post it.
    I sent boost repack to few testers.
    I'm waiting for feed back to post it.
    If everything works it will be up.
    As for GB27 source build kernels I tried to compile kernel yesterday with stock GB27 ramdisk but kernel is not booting yet.
    Tonight when I get access to phone again I'll continue and try to figure out why it's not working.
    Just a quick update.
    kernel in zip format for those who want it.

Fixed zip.

AGAT_GB27_repack.zip - 7.61 MB - FIXED
    Not to offend any one.
    GC01 repack is out to about 10 testers.
    I think that's good enough. As soon as I get some feed back from all of them it will be posted.
    Right now I'm out (Saturday night in Vegas) with my wife.
    So I can't post or upload anything till I get home.
    Stay tuned.