[ROM][03.23.13] CyanogenMod 10 on HTC DNA; Audio WIP)

Search This thread

tslagle13

Apr 1, 2008
Re: [ROM] CyanogenMod on HTC DNA [Updated: 02.16.13 @ 6:10PM]

Awesome work Drew!!! Keep it up!!

Sent from my Droid DNA

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011

Awesome, can't wait to see this get to the point of being a daily driver.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

CHRISTOPHERg

Mar 18, 2011
Heredia

Excellent, Im wait a lot of time to see this, so far to be complete

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego
Well end of my night of messing with things... I majorly f'd up my git. Have to fix it before I can do anything more on CM10

Reactions: phydo

Danzoman

Oct 9, 2010
Columbia SC

Well end of my night of messing with things... I majorly f'd up my git. Have to fix it before I can do anything more on CM10

Looks like you were up super late working on this especially if you are on the east coast. Your effort is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

munchy_cool

Apr 6, 2008
void (0)
Last edited:

chad0989

Oct 31, 2010
I initially had some issues with CM 10.1 boot.img, which has been the hold up on me posting CM 10.1. I just got over them and need a few more tweaks before posting (hopefully) :)

Howdy from over in the rezound world. I was just cruising through looking at the state of AOSP on the DNA.

Not sure if this was your issue with the 10.1 boot.img, but CM10.1 ignores the emmc-fs portion of your init scripts unless you set:

BOARD_WANTS_EMMC_BOOT := true

in your BoardConfig.mk

As far as the radio is concerned, I would consider giving the prebuilt libril from HTC a shot rather than using the source for now. The individuals working on many of the other 8960 devices that provided some of that code aren't exactly paying any attention to cdma/lte devices. I didn't have access to the libril code for 8660 devices, but for the rez I had success using the prebuilt libril and a modified QualcommRIL. Also make sure all your firmware is getting downloaded completely and is able to be accessed. Not sure if any of that will help but some of your issues sound a lot like what I ran into.

vdChild

Jun 26, 2010

Howdy from over in the rezound world. I was just cruising through looking at the state of AOSP on the DNA.

Not sure if this was your issue with the 10.1 boot.img, but CM10.1 ignores the emmc-fs portion of your init scripts unless you set:

in your BoardConfig.mk

As far as the radio is concerned, I would consider giving the prebuilt libril from HTC a shot rather than using the source for now. The individuals working on many of the other 8960 devices that provided some of that code aren't exactly paying any attention to cdma/lte devices. I didn't have access to the libril code for 8660 devices, but for the rez I had success using the prebuilt libril and a modified QualcommRIL. Also make sure all your firmware is getting downloaded completely and is able to be accessed. Not sure if any of that will help but some of your issues sound a lot like what I ran into.

Loved your work on the rezound! Wish we could get you over here.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego

in your BoardConfig.mk

Thanks for the tips. Do you happen to know much about libhtc_rilhook.so? Is this something separate and necessary for sense only perhaps?

Ill have to take a look at my source regarding the emmc boot on cm10.1. I believe I have it currently using init.emmc.rc (init source files load that first and access emmc). However, will make change if I don't have it for easier compatibility.

Thanks again

Reactions: eleazar123

rayfin

Jan 19, 2011
www.derekross.me

in your BoardConfig.mk

Nice to hear from you Chad. Loved your work on the OG Inc. Hope this info you provided helps in getting AOSP working on the DNA.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

chad0989

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the tips. Do you happen to know much about libhtc_rilhook.so? Is this something separate and necessary for sense only perhaps?

Ill have to take a look at my source regarding the emmc boot on cm10.1. I believe I have it currently using init.emmc.rc (init source files load that first and access emmc). However, will make change if I don't have it for easier compatibility.

Thanks again

Not sure about it as we don't have it. It does appear to be needed by the prebuilt rild and libril.so for the dna though. Is it causing an issue?

It's really tempting to pick up a DNA from amazon wireless for $99 but I'm not sure if I want to use my upgrade or wait for the next wave, or get off vzw all together.

atishpatel2012

Jan 23, 2013
Not sure about it as we don't have it. It does appear to be needed by the prebuilt rild and libril.so for the dna though. Is it causing an issue?

It's really tempting to pick up a DNA from amazon wireless for $99 but I'm not sure if I want to use my upgrade or wait for the next wave, or get off vzw all together.

its $50 on Amazon wireless right now! :) http://goo.gl/wWqjC

Reactions: xmsx28

chad0989

Oct 31, 2010
You should get a DNA :) currently I'm the only one actively working on this and could sure use some help. Go play with one at the store and you'll love it. Phone certainly is pure sexyness. It deserves AOSP.

Oh, I agree. I have played with it and it does deserve AOSP. I'm just worried that I'll get it and then the M7 will somehow magically appear on vzw.

its $50 on Amazon wireless right now! :) http://goo.gl/wWqjC

Only for new customers or adding a line. Upgrade price is $99.

Reactions: wlmeng11

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010

Oh, I agree. I have played with it and it does deserve AOSP. I'm just worried that I'll get it and then the M7 will somehow magically appear on vzw.

Only for new customers or adding a line. Upgrade price is $99.

Im probably just bias but I'm not even intrigued by the m7.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: x4sper

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo-cid.png

[ Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 Build on HTC DNA ]
    git @ https://github.com/drewx2/android/ (Updated to download all necessary repos)

..CURRENT BUILD NOTES/HISTORY..

03.24.13: CM10 doesn't include support for csd-client enabled phones (which we need). I have built a work around for it to utilize our csd-client lib; hopefully it brings audio one step closer.

My audio changes can be found at a separate git repo @ https://github.com/drewx2/android_hardware_qcom

03.23.13: Current Audio Status

I have some time to look at things, so here just getting started and thought I would post the first strace for those interested. Looks promising and not too difficult.
    Code:
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioHardwareALSA\0", 18}, {"ucm instance opened: 1082445752\0", 32}], 3) = 51
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"int android::load_audio_interfac"..., 103}], 3) = 117
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"loadHwModule() error -22 loading"..., 49}], 3) = 63
    writev(4, [{"\5", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"could not open HW module primary"..., 33}], 3) = 57
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Not output found for attached de"..., 47}], 3) = 71
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Failed to open primary output\0", 30}], 3) = 54
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {205, 684889413}) = 0
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyService\0", 19}, {"couldn't init_check the audio po"..., 54}], 3) = 74
    ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbe961a28)        = 0

Complete strace available here: http://bit.ly/Xx3M0v

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There won't be any builds posted until one of the "not working" items has been fixed. I mostly likely will focus on audio this weekend.

If you have something meaningful to share, please visit http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=CM10DNA

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi *now* really working

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi now working.

Enable 3 dot menu: Settings -> Hardware keys -> Show action overflow [check]

Working:
    Radio/RIL (no sound, so can't hear yet), SMS / MMS, 3G / 4G Data, Display, Orientation, Sensors, Lights, NFC, Torch, GPS (not tested), Wifi

Not working:
    Camera, Audio, Bluetooth

To Do list
    I plan to do bionic/kernel optimizations once all features working.

..INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS..
    If you do not have S-OFF, you need to unzip the file and flash the boot.img inside via fastboot.

Install Instructions:
    1) Download http://bit.ly/W0RAY8
    2) Reboot to recovery of your choosing; wipe system/data/dalvik-cache/cache.
    3) Install downloaded zip
    4) Reboot.
    5) Enjoy.

Google Apps @ http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

.SPECIAL THANKS FOR DONATING.
    RuinedByMTV, drmp3z
    kronikings, danahern, karn101, Majik Mushroomz, Matt P., Matt B., pio_masaki, Droidika, Wheelchairmitch, MrIcky, liquidhaste, jamiethemorris, rainabba

.SPECIAL THANKS.
    Flyhalf205, x3demond3x[debugging]
    dsb9938 [cmdline boot option]
    x3demond3x [egl fix]
    Jarocks [resized bootanimation/debugging], pio_masaki [debugging],

jcase [unlock], dees_troy [twrp], beaups, jcase, Dr_Drache, dsb9938 [S-OFF]
    .... and of course the CyanogenMod team and those who laid the foundation for the DNA....

..WANT TO HELP? HERE ARE SOME DEBUGGING TIPS..
    1) Flash boot.img
    2) On cmdline do "adb logcat"

If you're ever in the mood to donate, don't forget about the others that have helped advance the HTC DNA to new levels (e.g. dsb9938, jcase, Dr_Drache, beaups, CM team, or XDA for bringing us all together!). Although, I may be working on CM and it may seem like a completely different project, in many ways we all rely on each other to help make the DNA better. :)
    4g data working
    Radio is now completely working. I just made my first call to myself :)
    Wifi fixed. Will upload zip shortly after I figure out which one of my builds fixed it...

Do I have to fix pretty much everything? lol...what happened with all the other devs out there?

odKm3ST.jpg
    Zip is up with complete working radio. Test away.