Issues after 4.4.3 update

Search This thread

volvoxxda

Apr 8, 2013
Podgorica
Hello guys
I just finished updating my rooted Nexus 5 to 4.4.3 and it went fine but I immidiately noticed some "problems" when I turned it on. The thing is that my touch screen is not as responsive as before 4.4.3 update. On 4.4.2 scrolling was flowy and smooth like on ice, but on 4.4.3 I got big delay (half cm of emptiness) on scrolling through gesture (apps, home or anything..) and, even worse, when I'm scrolling down my Contacts list it dials randomly due to a lagging. Is there any calibration to be done or that's it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

sherlock5545

Jun 26, 2012
London
It doesn't sound normal. Mine is working just as smooth as it was on 4.4.2. Have you tried wiping the phone? Do a factory reset and see.

Sent from my Nexus 5

dwreck420

Nov 17, 2008
issues here

my battery went from 19% to 0 over night.... in airplane mode. previously, it would only use 3-4% overnight, esp with everything turned off. almost woke up late

also, im having a hard time answering phone calls. i slide to answer, it doesnt answer but its still ringing

volvoxxda

Apr 8, 2013
Podgorica
I noticed that there is a bunch of different problems reported last two days and I have decided to wait for Google's response on all of this mess. But I must say that my phone is working better now and somehow it heals itself :))) Maybe this update is about implementing some organic components :p

08cherd4

Sep 16, 2009
Google Pixel 5
I'm having a lot of issues with my phone.. Seems like an sd card issue. Ant app that uses memory does not work properly... Even the camera does not load...

I'm going to do a factory reset... Any way to save all settings on stock?

G

GuestK00399

I also got a big issue on 4.4.3. since the update i get sponataeuos signal dropouts especially when i travel by bus or train.

It seams the radio has problems by logging out at one cell and switch to an other cell. Also the reception/signal is very weak.

Someone noticed the same? or does anybody has a tip?

thanks in advance :good:

Seadra

Aug 18, 2013
Are you charging your phone simultaneously or is your phone connected to a laptop? remove that and the try. lemme know.

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
my battery went from 19% to 0 over night.... in airplane mode. previously, it would only use 3-4% overnight, esp with everything turned off. almost woke up late

also, im having a hard time answering phone calls. i slide to answer, it doesnt answer but its still ringing

Go to settings > apps > locate google dialer and clear cache

For battery drain, install an app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats (it's free demo version is available on XDA) or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm

Observe your device for one day after complete charge (90+) and use it.
Using that app, you'll observe the apps/wakelocks which are causing unnecessary battery drain. Eliminate them or post screenshots here so that we can help you to solve battery drain issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
First thing to do if something is broken after an OTA is factory reset to see if it is an OS bug or whether you have incompatible data and settings.

It sounds like it would be a pain to do, but you can easily backup with helium nowadays so it needn't be

AceKingNYC

Sep 28, 2012
New York City
First thing to do if something is broken after an OTA is factory reset to see if it is an OS bug or whether you have incompatible data and settings.

It sounds like it would be a pain to do, but you can easily backup with helium nowadays so it needn't be

+1 - Clean wipe and see, it might fix all of your issues. Hopefully it does

G

GuestK00399

I didn't tried the factory reset, I went further and flashed the factory image but problems still exist [emoji15]

Xanaki

Oct 20, 2010
GPS not Working

Has anyone else noticed if their GPS is working or not? I was trying to use mine last night and I can see that GPS connects and it brings up the map but then never navigates or even moves from the starting point on the map. Can someone let me know if this is a new problem??? I flashed the N5_4.4.3.zip file that someone pointed me to, as I had asked for a flashable zip file to update to 4.4.3 as I still have not gotten an ota notification from T-Mobile:confused :confused:

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc
i have a question also,

what if i like the current mono toned google dialer?

when i get this update & it updates the dialer, is it possible to un-install the dialer update to revert back to the older dialer?