LEGO adjustable mobile stand

Search This thread

Ch3fkoch

Apr 24, 2008
Leipzig
if you are referring to the yellow gear assembly part, i have made instructions on how to build that with regular bricks!

if you're talking about motorizing this that would be awesome :p
i didn't find my LEGO motor. i would so make a mod with the motor just for kicks. not very portable but it would be very cool!

ah yes man! =D this was my first thought, too!
how about adding the motor for "quick-adjusting" ^^
or wasn't there the possibility to program or control this stuff with the PC?

big up to "bad the builder" ^^

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi bad pixel,

this is the cool stuff... because i am a big Lego fan from up i was 6 years old. Oh no a very long time, it is 45 years now. Ahhhh, i am really so old now :D?

I will do something like you have done. But a liitle bit more. I have a lot of the RCX 2.0 and these can run with the web-control. Now think..

You can control your phone with two Lego fingers via the web to surf on the web *lol. That's crazy.

Ok back to normal, i think i will build some more. I think there is one more post for a phone dock. Search for Lego on XDA. You will be impressed ;).

Possible you/we can start a competition who builds the coolest one :D:cool:.

And Thank You for sharing this with us. Long live Lego and CHT...

bad pixel

Mar 17, 2011
First of all,

Thank you all for your comments and thank you for the feature on the site! :D

For all of you that are going to build this, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)

ah yes man! =D this was my first thought, too!
how about adding the motor for "quick-adjusting" ^^
or wasn't there the possibility to program or control this stuff with the PC?

big up to "bad the builder" ^^

I searched everywhere for my motor but unfortunately I can't find it!

Hi bad pixel,

this is the cool stuff... because i am a big Lego fan from up i was 6 years old. Oh no a very long time, it is 45 years now. Ahhhh, i am really so old now :D?

I will do something like you have done. But a liitle bit more. I have a lot of the RCX 2.0 and these can run with the web-control. Now think..

You can control your phone with two Lego fingers via the web to surf on the web *lol. That's crazy.

Ok back to normal, i think i will build some more. I think there is one more post for a phone dock. Search for Lego on XDA. You will be impressed ;).

Possible you/we can start a competition who builds the coolest one :D:cool:.

And Thank You for sharing this with us. Long live Lego and CHT...
I would love to own mindstorms. I've been drooling over them since they came out :D You can do some pretty sweet stuff with those and a cradle! Sadly I only have a fraction of the bricks I had when I was a kid, I barely scraped together the parts for this one! I would love to see what you will come up with! All in for a competition! I'll have to break apart mine if I am to do a different design though, but competitions boost creativity! Should be interesting to see the results!

Your Lego Bricked my phone!!! :)
hahahahaha love the pun :p

kalex

Jun 16, 2003
Like this? :)

Attachments

• Lego-Stand-007.jpg
    Lego-Stand-007.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 51

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

I've been gathering valuable information from the forums even before i signed up as a member and the amount and the quality of helpful information here is amazing.
    I never had any info to give back to the community in the subjects that i was reading up on, so when i created this i figured i should share it here.

Its an adjustable mobile stand made from LEGO parts. It can cradle a big number of slate phones, in landscape and in portrait without modifications, although with small modifications it can cradle pretty much every phone out there.
    It was originally made to cradle my N1 for some Wiimote emulator action but anybody can use it in their own way.

Here is a video of it in action and a link for build instructions over at instructables http://www.instructables.com/id/Retro-gamer-adjustable-mobile-stand/