[Guide]Rooting after AlphaRevX!

Search This thread

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Should also work with Revolutionary!

Okay, it took me some trying and stuff but I finally found a way!

Okay, this is going to be simple step-by-step :)

First: Copy this to the root of your SD card: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=548407&d=1300751790
Second: Go into HBOOT and click yes when it asks you to update (note: Please make sure your SD card is FAT32 and not FAT, it must be FAT32 for this step to work.)

Third: Remove the img file from your SD card and add this file: http://downloads.noshufou.netdna-cdn.com/superuser/Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip

Fourth: Go into HBOOT and click Recovery!

Fifth: Click install zip from sdcard (or some thing like that) (Protip: Navigate in the recovery with the trackpad, not the power button!)

Sixth: Click choose zip from sdcard

Seventh Locate your zip and let it update.

AND YOU'RE DONE!
Have fun being free!

If you're having problems with the HBOOT not detecting the .zip update, please check if you SD card is FAT32.

Last edited:

handisetyadi

Mar 5, 2011
The first link doesnt work. Broken link

is this really real? i meant we can root our wildfire froyo once we have done with this guide ?

cymox

Jul 17, 2008
Apeldoorn
Hi, i've succesfuly got the s-off, but when i put the PC49IMG.zip on the sdcard hboot, doesn't find is, so it won't update.

gogusteliade

Jan 10, 2011
what version of recovery is?

nvm -and can i install only super user and then get from market rom manager and install recovery via it?tx

worked here after i've formatted to fat32...thank for your tutorial :)

Last edited:

froewis

Nov 18, 2009
Bregenz
www.froewis.cc
Hello,

Here is a short Guide to get S-OFF if you are at HBOOT 0.80:

1. Make a full Backup of your current ROM.

2. Download RUU Buzz Froyo HTC WWE 2.22.405.1 Radio 13.55.55.24H 3.35.20.10 release 160191 signed.exe

3. Connect your Plhone to your PC and Install it, after 10 minutes you are on HBOOT 1.01.0001

4. Download Alpharev follow the instructions and install.

Now you are S-OFF!´
You ony have to Restore your ROM and enjoy!

Sorry for my bad English.

Top Liked Posts