Wifi calling issue with S5

Search This thread

scorchedsky

Aug 28, 2012
I've had issues with WiFi calling on every firmware, plus each version of Alliance. I'm currently on alliance b3 (nf6 based). The issues are of course intermittent, making them impossible to reproduce. Typically, the issue is that texts won't come in when connected to WiFi with WiFi calling enabled - I've gotten into the habit of toggling it on and off every hour or so to make sure I haven't missed anything. That seems to make it work again, but it's super annoying. I have seen TMobile support threads for this kind of issue on their site since the phone came out... Hopefully they're actually working on fixing it.

ssgokou29

Oct 7, 2009
Supposedly whatever they did my issue is resolved (so far).

If you are still having this issue talk to a tmobile rep and let them know a resolution was linked to ticket# 7561466. This was supposedly my ticket number.

If they give you some BS, i would push them, and advise them, this ticket was resolved and there should be no reason for your issue to follow the same resolution associated with the ticket number above.

Good luck to everyone with this issues.

idlethinker

Aug 15, 2014
:D
Update to my previous post. After going thorough various testing T-Mobile installed a new sim card on the phone. The Wifi is stable and working as before. They did have to reset my location. Since the SIM card change my phone stays on WIFI 24/7.

At times, when I am using wifi calling, the incoming call directly goes to voice mail. I don't get the ring. This has happened to me more than a couple of times.
Out going calls are working fine, even when incoming calls are directed to voice mail. Incoming calls work after I turn off and turn on wifi.
Tmobile signal is very weak in my apartment and I rely on wifi calling to make/receive calls.

I am wondering if this is issue with my phone only.. :confused:
Is any one else facing this issue?
I hope there is a fix for this issue..

I started having this issue about 2 weeks ago. Its not restricted to texting, but both texting and calling. I bought the S5 back in February and had no problems when connected to Wifi at home. At times my connection would be over 10 hours, I could call, receive calls, text, surf no issues. After the slew of updates I started noticing that calls going to VM even though I was connected to the WiFi. No call would show up in the caller logs.

It was intermittent, and therefore escaped my attention. But recently the issue is more consistent. Following is a summary of what occurs:

1 - When Wi fi is enabled and connected and i try to make a call, they call goes through but immediately disconnects
2 - When Wi fi is enabled and I try to call it from another phone the call goes straight to VM
3 - When Wi fi is enabled and a friend texts me, the text does not show up
4 - In the rare instance when Wi fi is enabled and I do manage to call out the call will disconnect after about 5 minutes
5 - I am able to surf and receive and send emails over wifi

Essentially this $700+ phone has just become a pricey laptop. I did call T-Mobile Tech support, and after an hour on the phone they issued a ticket that pushes the issue up to the engineers. Still waiting to hear from them.

dcacklam

Mar 31, 2011
Yelm, WA
sites.google.com
If your router is incompatible with VOIP/SIP, it will screw up wifi calling in the way you are describing.

The current implementation of WFC uses a SIP back end, so an incorrect 'SIP ALG' setting on your router - or a router with a broken & allways-on ALG (they do exist) - will cause all sorts of wonkiness.