[SOUNDMOD][M8][SENSE/GPE Android 4.4.x] Project ERA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
I was asked by my friend @ZeroInfinity to create a thread for his mod as it was made compatible with our M8.

Download can be found in the original M7 thread so he can keep track on issues etc.
This thread is intended to make people aware of the sound mod, who don´t know what it is.

DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GO DEAF OR BREAK YOUR HEADPHONES SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DID NOT READ THE OP OR BOTHER TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!

Project%20ERA%20Banner.png

Features:
-System Wide audio (NO NEED TO TURN ANYTHING ON, IT WILL WORK ALREADY LIKE NORMAL SOUND)
-Custom compiled libasound.so library (Thanks to aznrice2k4)
-Custom made asound.conf specifically for [apq8064tablasnd] soundcard
-Custom made asound.conf specifically for [msm8974taikomtp] soundcard (HTC One M8)
-10240x48000 Oversampling (491.52MHz)
-24Bit Quantization
-SRC Resampler
-SRC mode set to Best
-Significantly reduced distortions
-Very powerful ALSA processing (At the cost of Battery and Performance)
-Super-High Quality Audio
-Greatly reduced noise via oversampling
-Greatly improved audio anti-aliasing via oversampling + quantization
-Compatible with Sense 5.5 Android 4.4.2/GPE Android 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 Android 4.4.2
-Disabled LPA completely
-The Beats Experiment (Heavily Tweaked Beats Audio) (It is LOUD so turn down volume before listening to music) (Not Available for HTC One M8)
-Enabled HTC Hardware AEC (Acoustic Echo Canceller)
-Heavily tweaked and fine tuned SRS/DTS/Dolby effects (To enable them, you must have MusicBox or Venom Sound Enhancer)
-Greatly improved audio resolution via oversampling
-Much cleaner audio
-IntenseBLAST tweaks (Not available for HTC One M8)

NEW SHARING POLICY:
ROM Developers are allowed to add this mod in their ROMs with PROPER CREDIT GIVEN. You may NOT include this in other modifications under any circumstances.

jammyjamil

Apr 4, 2013
loudspeaker volume mod

Where I can find the loudspeaker volume mod? I am on sky dragon gpe ROM! I installed the loudspeaker mod in aroma but it didn't make any difference to the speakers.

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
Where I can find the loudspeaker volume mod? I am on sky dragon gpe ROM! I installed the loudspeaker mod in aroma but it didn't make any difference to the speakers.
well, you should of looked in the AROMA installer before you chose to install it...

I clearly stated that the speaker boost mod is not compatible with HTC One (M8) in the AROMA installer.

I might be planning on making a speaker volume mod the the m8 in the future but, is it really necessary? I don't actually have the device but is it not loud enough already? 95dB should be pretty loud...

Last edited:
Reactions: xochipilli

kano45

Dec 22, 2007
Dayton Ohio
Are you having issues with sound volume with calls? Is your volume increased on your phone? Do you work in a loud environment? Increasing the volume also increases the risk of permanent ear damage. I think the stock volume settings are pretty loud as it is.

My in call volume when adjusted all the way up is still sometimes hard to hear. It has never once been too loud where i had to turn it down. I'll have to find someone else with this phone and compare. Might be a hardware issue. It doesn't crackle or pop or sound distorted, its just quite. I have zero risk of hearing damage with this phone on calls lol.

jammyjamil

Apr 4, 2013
well, you should of looked in the AROMA installer before you chose to install it...

I clearly stated that the speaker boost mod is not compatible with HTC One (M8) in the AROMA installer.

I might be planning on making a speaker volume mod the the m8 in the future but, is it really necessary? I don't actually have the device but is it not loud enough already? 95dB should be pretty loud...

Yes....plz make the speaker mod soon. The speakers are crisp and clear. They are loud in some type of music but often soft in some beats. My iPhone 5s is louder in some particular track than my m8. Hope you will make the speaker loud mod soon. Thanx.

ryanjsoo

Dec 25, 2011
Sydney
Can/will this mod increase in call volume?

I had a problem with call volume too, if you use the earpiece, the speaker is actually on the left of the phone, so holding the phone a bit more forward makes the audio much louder as the speaker is directly in front of your ear, you can see where the speaker is by looking at the grills under a light, the bottom 2/3 are unblocked whilst the top third looks blocked.

ahac85

Aug 7, 2010
Hi if I flash this mod will it make system notifications louder?

Sent from my HTC One_M8

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
Hi if I flash this mod will it make system notifications louder?

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Project ERA does not increase volume at all. Intense BLAST speaker volume mod increases speaker volume which ,I'm guessing, is what you're after.

If you just want system notification sounds louder, there is no mod for it.

Sent from mah haytch tee see Juan via crapatalk

Reactions: ahac85

silvercat

Sep 4, 2008
Singapore
Does this mod boost headphones volume and clarity while listening to music or its only for inbuilt speakers?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

akita1

Jan 3, 2011
Yes please make the sound mod for the external speaker phone please, yes they sound loud on some music but I think they can be louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was asked by my friend @ZeroInfinity to create a thread for his mod as it was made compatible with our M8.

Download can be found in the original M7 thread so he can keep track on issues etc.
    This thread is intended to make people aware of the sound mod, who don´t know what it is.

DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GO DEAF OR BREAK YOUR HEADPHONES SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DID NOT READ THE OP OR BOTHER TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!

Project%20ERA%20Banner.png

Features:
    -System Wide audio (NO NEED TO TURN ANYTHING ON, IT WILL WORK ALREADY LIKE NORMAL SOUND)
    -Custom compiled libasound.so library (Thanks to aznrice2k4)
    -Custom made asound.conf specifically for [apq8064tablasnd] soundcard
    -Custom made asound.conf specifically for [msm8974taikomtp] soundcard (HTC One M8)
    -10240x48000 Oversampling (491.52MHz)
    -24Bit Quantization
    -SRC Resampler
    -SRC mode set to Best
    -Significantly reduced distortions
    -Very powerful ALSA processing (At the cost of Battery and Performance)
    -Super-High Quality Audio
    -Greatly reduced noise via oversampling
    -Greatly improved audio anti-aliasing via oversampling + quantization
    -Compatible with Sense 5.5 Android 4.4.2/GPE Android 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 Android 4.4.2
    -Disabled LPA completely
    -The Beats Experiment (Heavily Tweaked Beats Audio) (It is LOUD so turn down volume before listening to music) (Not Available for HTC One M8)
    -Enabled HTC Hardware AEC (Acoustic Echo Canceller)
    -Heavily tweaked and fine tuned SRS/DTS/Dolby effects (To enable them, you must have MusicBox or Venom Sound Enhancer)
    -Greatly improved audio resolution via oversampling
    -Much cleaner audio
    -IntenseBLAST tweaks (Not available for HTC One M8)

NEW SHARING POLICY:
    ROM Developers are allowed to add this mod in their ROMs with PROPER CREDIT GIVEN. You may NOT include this in other modifications under any circumstances.

Be sure to keep the discussion in my original thread guys so I don't have to keep on looking back and forth ;)
    Does this mod boost headphones volume and clarity while listening to music or its only for inbuilt speakers?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    No, my mod will not focus in boosting headphone volume at all.

Boosting volume will increase the chance of ditortions, audio clipping and additional noise, if you didn't know that...

It seems that you have completely misunderstood what this mod does. I think it's time that you read the OP properly -_-
    My mod doesn't focus on speakers and it never will. My mod focuses on audio quality which will most likely be heard on headphones. It might change speaker sounds somehow but I am not going to focus on audio quality/enhancing the audio just for speakers...

Yes please make the sound mod for the external speaker phone please, yes they sound loud on some music but I think they can be louder.

I have already said that I'm going to do it, no need to tell me twice...
    Or you could all spend some time searching for the answers in the main thread... There is a reason why I don't normally answer anyone here.
    Issues/Requests etc should go to the original thread