[Q] Samsung s4 i9500 hlp plz

Search This thread

Isaac K

May 8, 2014
hello, im new here, sry my english isnt good.
Today I went to buy the s4 but in the 3 stores I went, none came with the plastic screen that says Super amolet nfc etc. It came a normal transparent screen protector. they say that the printed plastic screen that says samguns not come anymore. is true or false?

I am in doubt because they are Chinese
and do not want to buy something that is not new

Zoddex

Jan 4, 2010
San Pedro
hello, im new here, sry my english isnt good.
Today I went to buy the s4 but in the 3 stores I went, none came with the plastic screen that says Super amolet nfc etc. It came a normal transparent screen protector. they say that the printed plastic screen that says samguns not come anymore. is true or false?

I am in doubt because they are Chinese
and do not want to buy something that is not new

Well I would not even buy if the box is not factory-plastic-wrapped

Brownie2k

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
Not sure if the same applies to the newer S4's that are shipping, but when I went to get my S5 (second hand, but never opened) it came with a clear screen protector style cover over the screen. The box had never been opened and it was 100% genuine.

Maybe Samsung are cutting back on things, or they realise that using a pre-fitted, temporary screen protector is better?

Isaac K

May 8, 2014
Well I would not even buy if the box is not factory-plastic-wrapped
Thanks for your reply, when you say that i should expect plastic wrap, do you mean on the exterior of the box, or inside the box. All the phones that i have bought here in Panama are never with plastic wrap around the box. With regards to the plastic on the screen, would you say that the newer phones might be bringing the plastic clear so they serve as temporary screen protector. Would ordering stateside be better and if so do you recommend a reputable dealer.

thanks

Zoddex

Jan 4, 2010
San Pedro
Thanks for your reply, when you say that i should expect plastic wrap, do you mean on the exterior of the box, or inside the box. All the phones that i have bought here in Panama are never with plastic wrap around the box. With regards to the plastic on the screen, would you say that the newer phones might be bringing the plastic clear so they serve as temporary screen protector. Would ordering stateside be better and if so do you recommend a reputable dealer.

thanks

That's odd, I live in Costa Rica. Some stores sell without the plastic wrap around the box. But I never buy like that cuz I cannot guarantee that the device has never been used. I always buy my devices with plastic wrap around the box. I highly recommend you to do the same. Otherwise you never now if it has been damaged in any way.

vaibhav1515

May 20, 2013
I recently bought samsung galaxy s4 i9500. The device came with transparent sceen guard and it was sealed packed too. The. Ox says that it was manufactured in March 2014. I Guess now they are shipping the transparent screen protected devices.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app