HTC Wildfire Unlock request info

Search This thread

athoslifepub

Nov 27, 2008
Hi guys i am very new on this subject and i just need some info about unlocking my wildfire:).
I read quite a few post but i didn't found something step by step and finally to work.
So basically i just need to unlock my phone from the network(vodafone)so i can use it in other networks.
So what is the best solution:
1.Gold card
2.Unrevoked
3.ROM FLASHING GUIDE FOR NOOBs(if it works).
Thanks and sorry for opening a new thread even if so much information can be found on this site.
A quick walkthrough would be much apreciated for a solution.:)

McWpl

Apr 15, 2008
Well I have done all the steps you pointed out and I'm still locked to t-mobile so I guess gold card, root and flash is not enough to unlock it but only to debrand your phone.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

v200

Jan 5, 2007
@Skye Menjou

not correct... tested with wildfire (1 week old) from tmobile aut ---- @htcsimunlock.com

about 15 bucks, 20minutes and works fine.....

athoslifepub

Nov 27, 2008
Thanks for your feedback it seems i don't have other choice but this. Except HTCsimUnlock you now other trusty sites so i can get a sim code .:)

2ma

Dec 29, 2005
www.2ma.hu
I tried htcsimunlock.com but they said they couldn't unlock it for 20$ what I have paid already,so I should pay them another 20$ and then they maybe can unlock it...I sayd no, they refunded my money. So it wasn't such a good experience for me.

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Well as far as i know a lot of ppl are facing problems getting codes from htccodes.com and htcsimunlock.com just for everyone's info..

SIM UNLOCK IS NOT DEBRANDING, ROOTING, GOLDCARD.. Its an entirely different thing so do not confuse these things..and one should use Sim Unlocker / Code generator for the same which is not yet available for wildfire ..

stunno

Dec 10, 2005
Just outside the Smog
I got one from mobileunlocked.co.uk it wasn't cheap at £23.50 but I couldn't find anyone else who could do it. 3 or 4 dites said they could but I ended up getting refunded

Mine was locked to 3 and I needed Vodafone

athoslifepub

Nov 27, 2008
Wildfire

Htc wildfire great phone rooted and with psfreeedom great stuff but still locked:(.
I read some post on the samsung galaxyS and they have a aplication for android and works like this :

Step 1, Get the code:

Install the app below. When you run the app, it will search for the unlock and unfreeze codes on your phone.

After it aquires the codes, they will be saved to your sd card in a text file. You can also write them down or email them to yourself with the email button.

Step 2, Enter code:

Power down the phone

Put in a SIM card from another carrier

Power up the phone When it boots up enter the unlock code when asked

Very simple i really hope that someone can help us with something like this for wildfire.:)

Last edited:

marik_bond

Sep 26, 2010
Varazdin
www.cerjenebojse.eu
Htc wildfire great phone rooted and with psfreeedom great stuff but still locked:(.
I read some post on the samsung galaxyS and they have a aplication for android and works like this :

Step 1, Get the code:

Install the app below. When you run the app, it will search for the unlock and unfreeze codes on your phone.

After it aquires the codes, they will be saved to your sd card in a text file. You can also write them down or email them to yourself with the email button.

Step 2, Enter code:

Power down the phone

Put in a SIM card from another carrier

Power up the phone When it boots up enter the unlock code when asked

Very simple i really hope that someone can help us with something like this for wildfire.:)

What application? Below?

athoslifepub

Nov 27, 2008
Those steps were only a example of how the application works ,the orginal thread you can find here:

h**p://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=761045

domujunior

Sep 9, 2010
the app is exclusively for Samsung. Tried it on the wildfire but nothing. will search more deep for a free unlock solution

aproposnix

Jul 16, 2010
At htcsimunlock.com it states:

MPORTANT – Please read prior to purchasing any codes.
You must first check to see if your phone accepts an unlock code. To do this simply insert a different network sim card into your mobile phone and see if the unlock code screen is displayed. If a screen where you must enter the unlock code is not displayd, or if you don't have this option in your phone menu, please do NOT purchase an unlock code. If you still go ahead and order then we will provide you with the unlock code but you will NOT be able to enter it and you will NOT be eligible for a refund.

My phone doesn't even give me the option to enter the unlock code. Any ideas?

aidanbree

Apr 20, 2005
I have been trying to get a handset network unlocked that I bought last week. None of the online services I have tried have been able to provide a code and have therefore refunded me.

Any suggestions?