How do I get Google Play Store on my KFHD?

Search This thread

NickolausL

Dec 20, 2012
Just rooted two days ago or so, so how do I install Google Play? Sorry, a bit clueless.

* I'm running 7.2.3 by the way

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
Step 3: Installed google play store using this pages instructions
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1893410
1. Root your Kindle Fire HD
2. Downloaded and install the GoogleServicesFramework.apk
3. Download Vending.apk
4. Using a file explorer app on the Fire with superuser permissions AND the system file permissions set to Read-Write, move Vending.apk to /system/app.
5. Change the permissions of Vending.apk to User - Read/Write, Group - Read, Others - Read
6. Install Vending.apk
6.5 rebooted
7. The Android Market should show up in your Kindle Fire HD apps. Tap on it and follow the steps.
8. Download and install the Play.apk to upgrade the the android market to the current Play market.

GoogleServicesFramework.apk - mediafire.com/?zaumfwhraxcifqf
Vending.apk - mediafire.com/?31bn3e258jjpj8d
Play.apk - mediafire.com/?wwcqrlfwt8o1gnv
Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

jguy72

Feb 22, 2013
Crash

3. Download Vending.apk
4. Using a file explorer app on the Fire with superuser permissions AND the system file permissions set to Read-Write, move Vending.apk to /system/app.
5. Change the permissions of Vending.apk to User - Read/Write, Group - Read, Others - Read
6. Install Vending.apk
6.5 rebooted
7. The Android Market should show up in your Kindle Fire HD apps. Tap on it and follow the steps.
8. Download and install the Play.apk to upgrade the the android market to the current Play market.

When I follow your process, at the end when I open the play store, the app repeatedly crashes, no matter how many times i reboot...

Reactions: xxjacobxxhxx

jguy72

Feb 22, 2013
You have root?

Really this is a dated post, referring to the kindle running 7.2.1
Try the link in the post below

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35974336
Stupid question did you try rebooting?

I found out myself what i was doing wrong. I didnt move the apk files to the /system/app folder and installed them directly from the downloads folder, because i read that someone said it doesnt matter where you install them.. Also, I noticed that the gplay file is the most play store, and by installing the phonesky apk, it was downgrading my play store to the very first one, which was causing it to crash.

Thanks for the help though!

Reactions: xxjacobxxhxx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Crash

3. Download Vending.apk
    6. Install Vending.apk
    6.5 rebooted

When I follow your process, at the end when I open the play store, the app repeatedly crashes, no matter how many times i reboot...
    You have root?

Really this is a dated post, referring to the kindle running 7.2.1
    Try the link in the post below

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35974336
    Stupid question did you try rebooting?

I found out myself what i was doing wrong. I didnt move the apk files to the /system/app folder and installed them directly from the downloads folder, because i read that someone said it doesnt matter where you install them.. Also, I noticed that the gplay file is the most play store, and by installing the phonesky apk, it was downgrading my play store to the very first one, which was causing it to crash.

Thanks for the help though!