[REQ] The lastest rom for Australia "3"

Search This thread

JamesFoo

Nov 8, 2008
HTC Touch Diamond ROM Upgrade for Hutchison ‘3’ network customers Date: 2008-12-09 Category: ROM Upgrade

An updated ROM is now available for HTC Touch Diamond users to download. As always, HTC is committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience. ROM version:1.93.861.4 Radio Version: 1.08.25.20

can anymore upload to this forums please, thanks for any help ^^

dazz1975

Jul 27, 2008
Brisbane
I have tried installing that rom on my phone but it says that I have an invalid ID or something like that. Obviously it does not like my serial number. I tried putting HardSPL on my phone and still get the same error. It always happens at about 1 percent when installing.

Any ideas how to work around it.

JamesFoo

Nov 8, 2008
I have tried installing that rom on my phone but it says that I have an invalid ID or something like that. Obviously it does not like my serial number. I tried putting HardSPL on my phone and still get the same error. It always happens at about 1 percent when installing.

you need to cook the rom by yourself and need to manually update your radio

omaga

Jul 22, 2007

You must flash Hard-Spl in your device, then it works!

I have Orange UK Diamond, NO HardSPL and i can flash any official roms with no issues.

I must say this 3 ROM is great, my standby time has increased greatly.

Try to unlock your phone, CID/Security than you will be able to flash any official rom, with out hardspl

dazz1975

Jul 27, 2008
Brisbane
Tried HardSPL and that does not work. I can put any cooked roms on there but not the official three australia firmware because of some CID or something like that. What is that 200meg file that you sent me a link to fooie.

Cheers
Darren

dazz1975

Jul 27, 2008
Brisbane
Thanks guys and gals for everything. I ended up using 1.93 for the HardSPL and it worked. 1.40 did not work. I aslo tried the 200 meg file fooie posted that worked. So both options do work.

Cheers
Darren

nanohaxor

Dec 16, 2008
Hi,

Can anyone please help provide some clear guidance on the following issues and questions:

I recently purchased a HTC Touch Diamond. It was purchased brand new and unlocked from a reasonably reputable Australian store, and is branded with the Australian carrier Telstra NextG, and appears to be running a customised Telstra ROM. The phone is currently being used on the Hutchison 3 carrier in Australia.

The phone has the following hardware/firmware settings:

R 1.00.25.06 (Radio Version)
G 52.31.25.13U (Protocol Version)
D 1.38.00.00 (ROM Version)

Installed ROM Version: 1.38.841.5 WWE
ROM Date: 07/07/08

I am finding that when using the EDGE data connection, whenever I attempt to make a call, the phone instantly crashes and reboots. Everytime. Arrggghhh! I am also finding that when using the HSDPA phone connection it has quite poor signal strength that results in lots of call dropouts. For a brand new phone these issues are very annoying.

I then discovered on the XDA-Developers site that HTC has released updates for their ROM on Hutchison 3 that, according to the htc Australia website, may fix the crash issue described above. Thanks!!! I've found this site is hugely informative but unfortunately for a noob like me, it is taking a while to learn what all the HTC jargon _actually means_.

I originally tried to download the official HTC Hutchison '3' ROM Update Utility but was denied access to this from the HTC website. I'm guessing this may be because the phone is Telstra Branded with a Telstra assigned serial number.

Eventually getting past this, I obtained access to the official HTC ROM Update Utility here:

[1] HTC Touch Diamond ROM Upgrade for Hutchison ‘3’ network customers

http://www.htc.com/au/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=133&cat=2&dl_id=451

An updated ROM is now available for HTC Touch Diamond users to download. As always, HTC is committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience. ROM version:1.93.861.4 Radio Version: 1.08.25.20
HTC Touch Diamond ROM Upgrade for Hutchison ‘3’ network customers
Date: 2008-12-09 Category: ROM Upgrade

Download URL:
http://203.73.25.118/download/RomCo...igned_Diamond_52.44.25.24_1.08.25.20_Ship.exe

Also, for anyone interested that can't get past the HTC website serial number authentication process, also available is the latest Telstra ROM (I could access this Telstra ROM with my serial number):

[2] HTC Touch Diamond ROM code for Telstra Network

http://www.htc.com/au/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=133&cat=2&dl_id=324

Date: 2008-08-07 Category: ROM Upgrade
HTC Touch Diamond ROM code (For Telstra Network customers) - version 1.38.841.5

Download URL:
http://203.73.25.118/download/RomCo...igned_Diamond_52.31.25.13_1.00.25.06_Ship.exe

So, my several related questions are as follows:

1. Is there an exact stepwise procedure that I can use that will definitely not brick my phone? Eg. Something really informative like this post: (http://selfmod.net/?p=7)

2. Reading the posts on the XDA Developers site seem to indicate I need to install Hard-SPL onto the phone first. Is this correct? and if yes, then which exact edition (Noob Edition, or Developer Edition) and version number should be used for the HTC Diamond specifications above? What is the official link for downloading this?

3. Will running the downloaded official HTC Hutchison 3 ROM provided above, without installing Hard-SPL at all, have the risk of bricking the phone?

4. What does Hard-SPL _actually_ do? Even after reading this: (http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Diamond_HardSPL) it's still not actually clear to me what this really does, but then I'm just a noob.

5. Exactly how do I backup my original Telstra ROM, just in case I need to re-install this.

Any help with these questions is appreciated.

Thanks.

bitemark

Nov 21, 2008
Hi,

Can anyone please help provide some clear guidance on the following issues and questions:

I recently purchased a HTC Touch Diamond. It was purchased brand new and unlocked from a reasonably reputable Australian store, and is branded with the Australian carrier Telstra NextG, and appears to be running a customised Telstra ROM. The phone is currently being used on the Hutchison 3 carrier in Australia.

The phone has the following hardware/firmware settings:

R 1.00.25.06 (Radio Version)
G 52.31.25.13U (Protocol Version)
D 1.38.00.00 (ROM Version)

Installed ROM Version: 1.38.841.5 WWE
ROM Date: 07/07/08

I am finding that when using the EDGE data connection, whenever I attempt to make a call, the phone instantly crashes and reboots. Everytime. Arrggghhh! I am also finding that when using the HSDPA phone connection it has quite poor signal strength that results in lots of call dropouts. For a brand new phone these issues are very annoying.

I then discovered on the XDA-Developers site that HTC has released updates for their ROM on Hutchison 3 that, according to the htc Australia website, may fix the crash issue described above. Thanks!!! I've found this site is hugely informative but unfortunately for a noob like me, it is taking a while to learn what all the HTC jargon _actually means_.

I originally tried to download the official HTC Hutchison '3' ROM Update Utility but was denied access to this from the HTC website. I'm guessing this may be because the phone is Telstra Branded with a Telstra assigned serial number.

Eventually getting past this, I obtained access to the official HTC ROM Update Utility here:

[1] HTC Touch Diamond ROM Upgrade for Hutchison ‘3’ network customers

http://www.htc.com/au/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=133&cat=2&dl_id=451

HTC Touch Diamond ROM Upgrade for Hutchison ‘3’ network customers
Date: 2008-12-09 Category: ROM Upgrade

Download URL:
http://203.73.25.118/download/RomCo...igned_Diamond_52.44.25.24_1.08.25.20_Ship.exe

Also, for anyone interested that can't get past the HTC website serial number authentication process, also available is the latest Telstra ROM (I could access this Telstra ROM with my serial number):

[2] HTC Touch Diamond ROM code for Telstra Network

http://www.htc.com/au/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=133&cat=2&dl_id=324

Date: 2008-08-07 Category: ROM Upgrade
HTC Touch Diamond ROM code (For Telstra Network customers) - version 1.38.841.5

Download URL:
http://203.73.25.118/download/RomCo...igned_Diamond_52.31.25.13_1.00.25.06_Ship.exe

So, my several related questions are as follows:

1. Is there an exact stepwise procedure that I can use that will definitely not brick my phone? Eg. Something really informative like this post: (http://selfmod.net/?p=7)

2. Reading the posts on the XDA Developers site seem to indicate I need to install Hard-SPL onto the phone first. Is this correct? and if yes, then which exact edition (Noob Edition, or Developer Edition) and version number should be used for the HTC Diamond specifications above? What is the official link for downloading this?

3. Will running the downloaded official HTC Hutchison 3 ROM provided above, without installing Hard-SPL at all, have the risk of bricking the phone?

4. What does Hard-SPL _actually_ do? Even after reading this: (http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Diamond_HardSPL) it's still not actually clear to me what this really does, but then I'm just a noob.

5. Exactly how do I backup my original Telstra ROM, just in case I need to re-install this.

Any help with these questions is appreciated.

Thanks.

x2 ^^^^^^^^^^

yozhek

Mar 16, 2005
Sydney
I've have just done this on a Telstra phone but updating to the 1.93 HK rom.
1. Download the Telstra Rom from the link you have to your PC. This will be your backup. You can always re install this.
2. Install 1.24 Hard SPL as per instructions available on wiki and elsewhere. Basically it removes the CID security lock so you won't have vendor id mismatches etc. as this is the way HTC prevents other regional roms ending up elsewhere.
3. After rebooting, flash the 3 rom and install either using the KAISIMG.NBH from the internal storage (method as described elsewhere on this site) or by the USB method (standard exe installation).
4. Chances are this will all go through without issues if you do everything correctly and follow instructions. There is always a risk in doing all of this so there are no guarantees. Should something go wrong you should look at how to recover a bad flash.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

nanohaxor

Dec 16, 2008
I've have just done this on a Telstra phone but updating to the 1.93 HK rom.
1. Download the Telstra Rom from the link you have to your PC. This will be your backup. You can always re install this.
2. Install 1.24 Hard SPL as per instructions available on wiki and elsewhere. Basically it removes the CID security lock so you won't have vendor id mismatches etc. as this is the way HTC prevents other regional roms ending up elsewhere.
3. After rebooting, flash the 3 rom and install either using the KAISIMG.NBH from the internal storage (method as described elsewhere on this site) or by the USB method (standard exe installation).
4. Chances are this will all go through without issues if you do everything correctly and follow instructions. There is always a risk in doing all of this so there are no guarantees. Should something go wrong you should look at how to recover a bad flash.

I hope this helps.

Hi yozhek,

Your suggestions are very helpful. Thanks!

I found this this link (http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/ht...mplete-upgrading-guide-hardspl-radio-rom.html) that seems to quite clearly explain what's involved in upgrading various sections of the phone. It also explains key pieces of the jargon/terminology so after reading this various aspects of the upgrade process are actually starting to make sense.

I also found another post on this site where 'princi' had tried to flash the HTC Hutchison 3 ROM using the Signed version of Hard-SPL (ie. Noob Edition) and it did not work. Apparently the ROM needs to be re-worked and signed by someone/grop on this site... the "Key-Master" i guess? :) In relation to the issue 'princi' had encountered, someone had suggested he try the Unsigned Hard-SPL (ie. Developer Edition) but there's no info posted so far indicating if this has worked.

In relation to your suggested steps:

Step 1 - done.

Step 2 - Do you mean the Unsigned Hard-SPL (ie. Developer Edition) version? The Unsigned Hard-SPL version currently available from here (http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Diamond_HardSPL) seems to be a more recent version number than your suggested 1.24 Hard-SPL. Does this matter?

Step 3 - Does the 'Hutchison 3 ROM' upgrade also upgrade the Radio ROM in the same single process, or are you suggesting using KAISIMG.NBH to do this? Is upgrading the Radio ROM really necessary, and if yes, what is the best link to obtain this from? (I did try to find this).

Step 4 - Mate, I hope you're right. Thanks!

logger

Dec 11, 2007
Thanks Chaps for notifying that this ROM is available. Just loaded it with no probs using the DIAMIMG.nbh method from internal memory.

For anyone you is wondering why to use this ROM. The benefits are that it adds THREE network branding and a dedicated TF3D "3" tab with shortcuts to several "3" related items. Radio included is 1.08.25.20. Will give it a run for a day or tow and report back.

pkilroy

Dec 20, 2008
Hi Guys,

I am experiencing a very similar issue.

My unlocked Telstra HTC which I use on the "3" network, the system volume periodically turns itself off (and it is not just that the volume button has been turned down) and doesn't have any volume until I power off and on again. After reading a number of threads, it has been suggested to download the new Telstra ROM for the phone, but despite having updated the new Telstra ROM, I am still having the problem. I thought maybe changing to the new hutchinson "3" ROM may help with this problem. (or will it not?)
So
1. I have installed the unsigned Hard-SPL and the phone now displays SPL-1.40.OliNex.
2. I tried to upgrade the Hutchinson "3" ROM via the PC using the exe, but it is telling me "ERROR 244: INVALID MODEL ID."
3. I then tried to install it using the DIAMIMG.ndh method, but when it reboots, it asked me to 1.Press vol up to restore man default 2. Press volDown to restore man default and format moviNAND........ I suspect this is not the screen that I am supposed to see. I don't know how to get it to boot off internal storage ROM.

Any useful suggestions gratefully received. :confused:

logger

Dec 11, 2007
pkilroy,
This is an extract from my ROM reflash checklist that I use religiously. It should get you going.

5. Flash the New ROM
Place the nbh file of the ROM you want to flash in the "Internal Storage" directory, and name it DIAMIMG.nbh
To initiate ROM load, keep volume down and back keys pressed (arrow pointing to the left above call-end key) and press red reset button. Wait for the new ROM to be flashed.

6. Factory reset when new ROM load complete. [Vol Down + Enter + Reset] then [Vol Up]

pkilroy

Dec 20, 2008
I have tried it with diamimg.nbh in the internal storage. But after I press Volume down, back <--- and reset, it says loading ... no image file found!! then it stays on the tricolor screen forever.
I have rechecked a few times and have make sure i have not put diamimg.nbh.nbh in the internal storage. Even tried hard reset the phone and internal storage first.
I am able to flash Dutty's ROM on my TD now, but somehow just can't get the HTC official Hutch 3 to work! any other suggestions?