wf Phone Tools 0.2 alpha

Search This thread

andreacorti

Apr 27, 2011
Lecco
Hi!!!

I started a small project to install xap and other stuff.. you can find it here!

If anyone wants to try it...
SMS works only with devices supported from SMSBackup (thanks to shinichi_wtn)!

http://wpmanagertool.codeplex.com/

It allows to (in this version)

- Install new application on device

- Update existing application on device

- Show the list of installed applications (only developer installed)

- Launch, Kill and uninstall applications

- Explore isolated storage of applications

- Download files and folders from isolated storage

- Download SMS from device (in combination with smsBackup XAP)

from v.0.2

- Load pdf on adobe reader (need to uninstall the builtin version and reinstall from xap)

- Load office documents on device

- added debug functions

- corrected various bug (install from wrong xap, sms duplicates, ....)

- added resources from AppResLib

- added "copy" and "export" for sms

... and more to come...

Last edited:

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S

Attachments

• Snap7.jpg
    Snap7.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:

chrislynch

Oct 14, 2007
I keep getting an error when trying to launch the app. It says that a required assembly "Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.vs Version 10.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache first." When I Binged looking for an answer to this, I found this on the Microsoft MSDN Forums:

I was able to fix this by de-selecting these items in the properties window of my project file.
In the Publish Tab, under Install Mode & Settings, Click the "Prerequisites" button, then only select the Items you need to install.

I downloaded the Microsoft Visual Basic Power Pack 3.0 installer, and that didn't help fix the issue.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

@dxdy: I think andreacorti has to fix the Click-to-Install installer, as it's including some prereq's that clients do not have or need, as just having the correct .NET Client Framework is all that should be needed to run the application.

andreacorti

Apr 27, 2011
Lecco
I keep getting an error when trying to launch the app. It says that a required assembly "Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.vs Version 10.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache first." When I Binged looking for an answer to this, I found this on the Microsoft MSDN Forums:

I downloaded the Microsoft Visual Basic Power Pack 3.0 installer, and that didn't help fix the issue.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

@dxdy: I think andreacorti has to fix the Click-to-Install installer, as it's including some prereq's that clients do not have or need, as just having the correct .NET Client Framework is all that should be needed to run the application.

Hi.. the correct framework version is selected (4.0) .
the power pack dll is actually needed, i use a control from that dll..

I included also the power pack in the package and in the requisites.. could you please check if it's working? thanks!!

(the dll with guid {250BEABB-55E8-43bb-AC97-2D95674ECE14} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\Bin\ConMan2.dll - is needed and I cannot include in the package.. I think zune or the sdk install it )

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Awsome, Looks great, can't wait to get home from work to try this...

Exactly what I have been looking for. Too many different apps to install XAP files and others to do other things.

chrislynch

Oct 14, 2007
Hi.. the correct framework version is selected (4.0) .
the power pack dll is actually needed, i use a control from that dll..

I included also the power pack in the package and in the requisites.. could you please check if it's working? thanks!!

(the dll with guid {250BEABB-55E8-43bb-AC97-2D95674ECE14} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\Bin\ConMan2.dll - is needed and I cannot include in the package.. I think zune or the sdk install it )

I do have .NET 4.0 installed on my system (run plenty of other .NET 4.0 software.) I just looked on my system, and I don't have a BIN folder under C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\. BTW, I do have Zune installed, as well as the Windows Phone 7.1 SDK. I don't know why this file doesn't exist on my system.

Ok, so I tried your updated Click-to-Install and it's now working. Well, the application launches. Do our devices need to be Interop-Unlocked for this to work? My Focus S is just developer unlocked.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Edit: A small XAP 205KB, has been hanging for more than 5 min claiming installing. Tried it with another app, it was done in 5 seconds... :(

Got it running, it cuts off the bottom of the buttons more than 1/2 way, extending the window does not fix.

Attached image if you want to see what I mean...

I know it's a small bug....but, it's a bug.

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

stan2

Nov 5, 2006
Anyplan you might make a regular .exe app? This .application is not working for me. I have .net fw 4 but I can't get this to deploy. Just an unknown file extension.

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
Thanks for helping me get 'Samsung extra settings' app off my phone. The auto brightness setting would not disable on my Focus. It, Ministry of sound and App Highlights were the three apps it detected that were installed before using your tool.

Again, big thank you!!!

andreacorti

Apr 27, 2011
Lecco
Edit: A small XAP 205KB, has been hanging for more than 5 min claiming installing. Tried it with another app, it was done in 5 seconds... :(

Got it running, it cuts off the bottom of the buttons more than 1/2 way, extending the window does not fix.

Attached image if you want to see what I mean...

I know it's a small bug....but, it's a bug.

already solved, both of them.. today new version

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
Any plans to impliment export SMS on Desktop using this tool. Also is the PDf and Doc Uploader is same as Book Uploader tool which came out recently ?

totalcmdext

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2006
Nokia 8.3 5G
Downloading issue

I have the following issue and it isn't possible to download it

LATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.239
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : https://wpmanagertool.codeplex.com/releases/clickOnce/wf Phone Tools.application
Server : Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET
X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
Deployment Provider url : http://wpmanagertool.codeplex.com/releases/clickonce/wf Phone Tools.application
Server : Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET
X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://wpmanagertool.codeplex.com/releases/clickOnce/wf Phone Tools.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Your Web browser settings do not allow you to run unsigned applications.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [20/1/2012 15:45:59] : Activation of https://wpmanagertool.codeplex.com/releases/clickOnce/wf Phone Tools.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [20/1/2012 15:46:08] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (Manifest)
- Your Web browser settings do not allow you to run unsigned applications.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.BrowserSettings.Validate(String manifestPath)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

PLEASE upload the file somewhere else?

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
Awesome. We did a review of this tool at WPXBOX.

One problem is with the Isolated Storage which always remain blank but if I open it from Advance Tab it displays the PDF file uploaded.

Secondly icons for Homebrew tools aren't displayed properly.

yes, i'm doing it now.. "copy" button and "save sms file as..."
yes, the uploader works the same way..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!!!

I started a small project to install xap and other stuff.. you can find it here!

If anyone wants to try it...
    SMS works only with devices supported from SMSBackup (thanks to shinichi_wtn)!

http://wpmanagertool.codeplex.com/

It allows to (in this version)

- Install new application on device

- Update existing application on device

- Show the list of installed applications (only developer installed)

- Launch, Kill and uninstall applications

- Explore isolated storage of applications

- Download files and folders from isolated storage

- Download SMS from device (in combination with smsBackup XAP)

from v.0.2

- Load pdf on adobe reader (need to uninstall the builtin version and reinstall from xap)

- Load office documents on device

- added debug functions

- corrected various bug (install from wrong xap, sms duplicates, ....)

- added resources from AppResLib

- added "copy" and "export" for sms

... and more to come...
    Any plans to impliment export SMS on Desktop using this tool. Also is the PDf and Doc Uploader is same as Book Uploader tool which came out recently ?

yes, i'm doing it now.. "copy" button and "save sms file as..."
    yes, the uploader works the same way..