[Q] Galaxy note Help.. I think it's Bricked!!

Search This thread

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
it says..
Error mounting /emmc!
skipping format...
done formatting /emmc (default)

Now we seem to pin down the problem. Try to format using pc as well. If not work then you needs hg42 partition scanner to check.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Try to format using ntfs as well using recovery.

Reactions: marmyte

marmyte

Mar 7, 2014
Now we seem to pin down the problem. Try to format using pc as well. If not work then you needs hg42 partition scanner to check.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Try to format using ntfs as well using recovery.

Can you possibly give me specific instructions please.. are you talking about ODIN?

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
Can you possibly give me specific instructions please.. are you talking about ODIN?

No.

You should use recovery to format emmc choosing different format to see if it works.

Also try to mount it to PC (also using Philz recovery) and format it using PC (probably not work but worth trying)

Then if above all not work, then find hg42 partition scanner in XDA, then use that to scan partitions (it works by flashing in recovery) to see where the damage is. Then will be further steps...

Reactions: marmyte

marmyte

Mar 7, 2014
No.

You should use recovery to format emmc choosing different format to see if it works.

Also try to mount it to PC (also using Philz recovery) and format it using PC (probably not work but worth trying)

Then if above all not work, then find hg42 partition scanner in XDA, then use that to scan partitions (it works by flashing in recovery) to see where the damage is. Then will be further steps...

am now in usb mass storage device on pc, there is a folder called clockworkmod.

do i format this removable disk?

thanks.

marmyte

Mar 7, 2014
As you can get into recovery, flash the zip file I pasted earlier "Flash_JellyBean_Bootloader.zip" from recovery... Then reboot into recovery from Philz power menu and choose Wipe->Clean before new rom install"... then install the rom zip.. once it finishes, let it boot.. it may take some minutes to get past the Samsung flashing logo.. Wait......

Done all this... Still flashing and waiting i'm afraid...

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
I would also try to flash, using odin, stock rom with a stock pit and tick repartition.

marmyte

Mar 7, 2014
Try installing one of the cm roms.. Don't go for kitkat.. Try the 10.1.3
As usual before installing the new rom you use clean.

Update..

Installed cm-10.1.3-n7000 & gapps-jb-20130812-signed..
All works excellent :)

I think I've got my phone back :fingers-crossed:

Big Big Thank you to nokiamodeln91 & forest1971 for all your help!! :good:

:good:

Reactions: forest1971

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Update..

Thought so.. May be issue was with the hidden partition... Anyhow.. Good to know. .. Later dont go flashing unknown bootloaders....:p

Attachments

• stock-vector-mission-accomplished-reward-stamp-111650279.jpg
    stock-vector-mission-accomplished-reward-stamp-111650279.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update..

Thought so.. May be issue was with the hidden partition... Anyhow.. Good to know. .. Later dont go flashing unknown bootloaders....:p
    Can anything else be done in Odin?

Bootloader - Dunno what it does?
    Phone ?
    CSC ?

And what is a PIT file ?

:eek:
    This is based on the fact that you get a blank screen on recovery... issue might be with the bootloader you flashed earlier.. Search for N7000XXLSA_N7000OXALSA_DBT.zip in sammobile.com and download the firmware..(if not found on that site, use Google).
    Unzip it. here will be 3 files
    Open odin.
    Use the CODE_ file in PDA
    MODEM_ in PHONE
    CSC_ in CSC
    Flash again..
    Sorry.. But I think it Fooked :crying:
    Came back with this..

May be...
    Lets try a different approach..
    Flash the previously download Philz kernel again. Once you get a success message, power off the device and remove the battery. Now put the battery back and press and hold the three button combo for recovery till you see the GT-N7000 screen. After that wait for 5 seconds.
    Last time you did this, you said the screen vibrates but is blank.. If its the same, then connect the phone to PC.
    If you are aware of adb then go ahead.. Drivers can be found here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979)

- Open command prompt.
    - type adb devices (output should be the device ID and recovery)
    - adb shell (output should be #)
    - now type umount /system (enter)
    umount data (enter)
    umount cache (enter)
    then
    - type e2fsck -f -c -y /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 (enter and let it do its thing)
    e2fsck -f -c -y /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 (enter and let it do its thing)
    e2fsck -f -c -y /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 (enter and let it do its thing)
    -type reboot download
    - kill adb from task manager
    - open odin and flash the XXLSA rom again.
    After the adb sideload command... There will a % transfer... After it reaches 100.. Wait for about 15 seconds before giving the reboot recovery command.
    I already have this zip file on my sd card (PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT9-ORA-5.08.5-signed).. do I delete it off the card and then put on sweet rom and install that?

no need to delete that. just put on sweet rom. From Philz recovery you can choose which zip to flash. But before flash should go in to wipe/factory reset menu, then choose "clean to install rom". this is to make sure partitions are clean to avoid bootloop.