[THEME] CherryBlur v2.0 for GingerBlur v4 pROM (4.1.83)

Search This thread

navalynt

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 12, 2009
Anchorage, AK
www.mikeandjessee.com
Sure does works on Gladiatrix 3 b2 just takes a little while to boot on first boot. By the way I think this is the best theme on here! Its really cool! :D

I have the installer set to delete the dalvik cache as part of the installation, so the more apps you have installed the longer the first boot will take (since it has to rebuild the cache). This insures that the framework and any additional themed apps you want to include are updated successfully and helps avoid FC errors from a cache that doesn't match the new app/framework.

I have not tested this over GingerBlur 4.5, but it should work since the only change noted by Kenneth for the framework-res.apk is an update to fix the theme in RootExplorer.

Personally, considering that we have kexec and 2nd init working now for developers, I don't see where GingerBlur or other pROMs are going to continue development. My next goal will be to try and port this theme over to the CM7 Theme template since that will likely be the first custom ROM for the Atrix.

Reactions: Gutterball

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey
I have the installer set to delete the dalvik cache as part of the installation, so the more apps you have installed the longer the first boot will take (since it has to rebuild the cache). This insures that the framework and any additional themed apps you want to include are updated successfully and helps avoid FC errors from a cache that doesn't match the new app/framework.

I have not tested this over GingerBlur 4.5, but it should work since the only change noted by Kenneth for the framework-res.apk is an update to fix the theme in RootExplorer.

Personally, considering that we have kexec and 2nd init working now for developers, I don't see where GingerBlur or other pROMs are going to continue development. My next goal will be to try and port this theme over to the CM7 Theme template since that will likely be the first custom ROM for the Atrix.

Oh hell yes!! Cherryblur with CM7 that is gonna be great!!

shuie

Jun 12, 2011
Cherry blur is the cherry bomb!

Just themed with cherry blur earlier today and am very impressed. Great work with the contrast. All the text on different screens is very easy to see. Love the icons in the notification bar. Great job all around. Used vividlime before and liked it. But it was hard to see the if checkboxes were marked or not. Cherryblur does great job with this. Thanks for the theme.

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
Any chance of getting this exact setup but with an electric blue skin color?

PS this theme in electric blue over CM7 framework will be SICK! I used to run CM7 with a Chevyno1 ULV 1250 kernel back in the D1 days.... now with the unlocked bootloader exploit this truly WILL be the world's most powerful smartphone! I'm STOKED

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

navalynt

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 12, 2009
Anchorage, AK
www.mikeandjessee.com
Any chance of getting this exact setup but with an electric blue skin color?

PS this theme in electric blue over CM7 framework will be SICK! I used to run CM7 with a Chevyno1 ULV 1250 kernel back in the D1 days.... now with the unlocked bootloader exploit this truly WILL be the world's most powerful smartphone! I'm STOKED

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you are asking here. I was planning on taking a few hours tomorrow and directly porting the graphics into the HKTW 2.3.4 build as an update.zip since that's what I'm using right now.

If you have some screenshots where you can point out the elements you like/don't like in my theme and an electric blue theme I can try pulling something together.

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
Essentially just change all the "cherry" coloring to blue and leave everything else in this theme the exact same... let me know when you get the update.zip finished and I'll load it... btw I really appreciate your time, effort and expertise

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
I really appreciate the time and energy you put into making our beasts even sexier
Take your time, not a rush... the red isn't so bad, just prefer blue is all... btw I loaded CB in the meantime and this is some pretty phenomenal work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First and foremost, before installing this ZIP through Tenfar's recovery, you MUST have GingerBlur v4 already installed!

GingerBlur files/instructions can be found HERE!
    * Please DO NOT ask for assistance with rooting or installing GingerBlur in this thread, follow the link above and ask there!

**THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED BY ME (ON MY OWN HANDSET) USING GINGERBLUR v4 (4.1.83 based)**

This theme is a compilation of graphics both original by me and from MANY other themes including:

Watermark'd
    ShadowFrost
    URBaN
    ProDX Red
    Criskelo ROM for I9000

I DO NOT ACCEPT DONATIONS! If you like my work please follow the hyperlinks for the original sources and donate there!

* Special thanks to DesignGears and kennethpenn for providing me assistance in editing some of the system files!

THEME FILES DOWNLOAD
    *MultiUpload Link this time, 4shared has been flakey lately
    This might be a nobrainer but, if I change the icon files inside the apk and then push it to my phone will it still work? In this way will I be able to make my own 4.1.57 themes?
    Sure does works on Gladiatrix 3 b2 just takes a little while to boot on first boot. By the way I think this is the best theme on here! Its really cool! :D