[ROM] (AOSP GINGERBREAD) ShadowMOD-BR v2.3.2b6 [2010-02-11]

Search This thread

kidscracker

Mar 22, 2009
Tested since yesterday, everythings seems speedy, haven't tried Browser yet, but everything else is simple awosome! Great work with the radio/gsm problem :)

Sent from my A853 using XDA App

kidscracker

Mar 22, 2009
jut got a kernel panic, may be related with the latest kernel's leaks. It hangs the phone for a minutes and put some garbage on the bottom of the screen. After a few minutes everything gets back into normal function.

PS: My browser works perfect! :D

mystichobo

Sep 25, 2010
Stockholm
mystichobo.com
Works veeeery nicely,
I've made a modded version(probably should start my own thread, but meh, edgardcastro did all the work.)

Changes:
-Overclocked to 900mhz, using CM6 default clocks
-Added Cronos kernel/memory tweaks (into the overclock file)
-Set Default Governor to Conservative
-Removed default gingerbread launcher (seen faster snails)
-Added HO!NO!'s Modded Milestone Gingerbread keyboard (Isn't squished like the default one)
-Added File Manager
-If it works I will also include musicmod, because android's default music sucks hard :p

Will upload it in about 30mins.

EDIT:
Actually, I will start a new thread, The path my mod is taking is fairly different to the stock shadowmod

Last edited:

thedoginthewok

Dec 14, 2009
Dog Fort
This is just epic.

We have Gingerbread Roms before the Official Froyo is released.
I guess we would have had Froyo month ago, if our Bootloader was free.

Paitor

Apr 20, 2007
Gothenburg
jut got a kernel panic, may be related with the latest kernel's leaks. It hangs the phone for a minutes and put some garbage on the bottom of the screen. After a few minutes everything gets back into normal function.

PS: My browser works perfect! :D
Happens to me too with the last Shadowmod version. Turn off and on the screen with the power button 2-3 times and it works again.

Snotmann

Jun 24, 2008
I tried to flash it with the g.o.t open recovery. It will be installed and if the phone reboots the screen is still hanging on the bootscreen with the "M" in the middle.

I tried to delete user data and the cache partition, but i dont help.

Any idea ?

wisefreakz

Nov 22, 2010
Sampa City
I tried to flash it with the g.o.t open recovery. It will be installed and if the phone reboots the screen is still hanging on the bootscreen with the "M" in the middle.

I tried to delete user data and the cache partition, but i dont help.

Any idea ?

Which rom were you using before?
Make sure it was some 2.2 release.

Maybe doing a reset data / cache from the the motorola boot recovery option (Not the GOT OR) might help.

rivtre

Nov 10, 2010
i ve tried to add some language pack into /system/app/luancher2.apk
after that i got fc,any ideas?
ps i decoded them and resigned after modding

P3dRo

Feb 28, 2009
Brasília
Thanks Edgard for the great job, here the gingerbread are working perfectly, the only problem i've seen so far is the Gmail aplication (it's working, but every time I try to open an email, the Gmail goes back to the inbox).

I'll try later to flash the ROM again to se if it was me who caused this problem, anyways, thanks again for the mod.

Topuz

May 19, 2010
Belgrade
Hell, this release was unexpected, good job man, I'm so pleasantly surprised! :)

For me, everything works except Gmail (reloads all the time). I haven't tried GPS but I presume it doesn't work too.

BTW, I don't find the performance to be bad at all when overclocked to 1GHz, totally acceptable.

There are couple of bugs that I'd like to report, but I'm not sure if anything can be done about them.

1. When you slide out the keyboard, launcher and lockscreen graphics are from FroYo? :confused:
2. There isn't the CRT shutdown animation when locking the screen.

Don't mind me being picky, this ROM is the one of the best things that happend to Milestone IMO, I'm just trying to help so all the bugs can be sorted out as soon as possible. :)

Last edited:

motorator

Jun 14, 2010
Dayummnnnnnn... And here I was thinking it was safe to let my Milestone go out.

You ROM modders are freakin' ruining what little social life I have left :D

zxcvshmuel

Jul 19, 2009
My coverage

Sorry for the English Magoachahat - but I used Google Terancaliet
First of all thanks a lot and it's one the best things I could ever dream of
In addition to the criticism is for improvements only, and not, heaven forbid, say something badהקשב

I installed
There are two major problems encountered
1: when you go into Google Apps emails - he goes straight to the main list after two seconds
2: The quality of the camera's focus is very low as the old MIUI
Beyond that should fix the Align Left Hebrew
Has the additional application except email GMAIL
Have not tried but apparently no one can install the existing modes (CM MIUI etc.)
Battery short time I was with the rum (4 hours) looks all right - from 100% to 80% with many Data
There are a feature of copy paste cool form of two markers put at the end of the beginning of the copied section is the most convenient thing to this day I ran into handheld computers (as once it was called until the attached link operator)
The speed of the device is of course most of the changes in Gbhuahah supposed to be under the hood so you do not really paying attention but there are all sorts of cosmetic changes and small dots
How I installed?
I used chrome GOT RDS (After Hence the Broom 2.2 VIVO)
Then I did UPDATE for ZIP released at the top Hathaway Red
Was one case I was to do a full WIPE because BOOT LOOP
In conclusion - I think that as long as the case of Mile untidy so I did not think through it.
But in terms of the camera can survive - those who do not have really sharp images over a medium range
Eventually you should keep an eye but currently do not recommend a regular rum

Last edited:

alijs

Jan 4, 2011
Amman
I love it.. thanx

though the keyboard was a little disappointing...

great job man, really appreciated..
hope you'll not forget Arabic when go Global :)

pippocannelunghe

Jul 4, 2009
Roma
Can someone post what logcat says when gmail comeback to main menu?

For noobies, to do this:

Plug usb cable from pc to phone
run adb logcat from terminal (or dos shell)
Open gmail and browse through emails...
Copy the output of the terminal here or in case it is too long, copy in a txt and attache here

maybe the case it is just a simple bug :p (I hope ^^)

Thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a STRICTLY AOSP Gingerbread build for the Motorola Milestone.

Most of the credits goes to the amazing guys from CyanogenMod, nadlabak, f_pasha, mtwebster, rcerqueira, koush, MDijkstra, Skrilax_CZ, cvpcs and everyone else that had the patience to help me out figuring out how to put everything together.

To get it working for you, the baseband files for your region should be applied thru OpenRecovery as usual; you can get them at Dexter’s site: http://dext3r.komodin.org/.

Default language is set to PT-BR, change at the initial screen for your likings.

If you are currently using any Froyo release, you don’t need to do anything else, just copy the update to the OpenRecovery update folder and install as usual. If you’re not using any Froyo release, you need to apply a 2.2 SBF first.

Please note that FULL WIPE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for new installations. If you're upgrading from any previous SMBR Gingerbread build, you only need to wipe caches.

CHANGELOG

Build 7:
    - Updated to AOSP master branch, hundreds of bugfixes.
    - Fixed some issues with wifi (props to nadlabak)
    - Fixed color blending issues (mostly visible on scroll glow).
    - Fixed some video recording issues, now uses h264/aac for high quality mode.
    - Some changes on APN list for Brazilian carriers.

Build 6:
    - More memory tuning. Now based on Google’s recommendation for low memory devices.
    - Zipaligned all Google Apps
    - Fixed light sensor (props to nadlabak)
    - Disabled 3D drawer again (will provide as a separate patch)
    - Added Nexus S wallpapers.
    - Several other bugfixes that might result in crash of the phone.

Build 5:
    - More memory tuning. This should fix a plethora of problems (browser downloads, market, notifications, and so on).
    - Reverted to use a slightly older kernel (g4bc8ed0). Hopefully this will fix the reboots.
    - 3D drawer is back due to popular demand.
    - Enabled SIP over 3G networks.
    - Removed some unnecessary libraries from the system (used only by Froyo).
    - Fixed a couple of EGL issues. Nothing major.

Build 4:
    - Skipped

Build 3:
    - Fixed gps/compass (props to nadlabak)
    - Fixed hires video recording (cvpcs)
    - Massive memory tuning.
    - JIT is disabled again -- yes, your linpack will suck, but you'll get much smoother experience overall.
    - Disabled 3D drawer on Launcher2 -- too slow.
    - Removed the OTA updater for now to save some memory.

Build 2:
    - Fixed GMail/GReader breakage, now it works as expected.
    - HSPA icon shows instead of just 3G.
    - Screen off animation turned on.
    - USB connected icon fixed.
    - Some memory tuning done.
    - Added full AOSP languages with dictionaries where available.
    - Added full APN list based on CyanogenMod’s.

KNOWN BUGS
    - Starting the camera using the hardware camera button unleashes hell.

DOWNLOADS
    Latest ROM: http://code.google.com/p/shadowmodbr/downloads/detail?name=update-smbr-2.3b7-signed.zip
    Overclock pack: http://code.google.com/p/shadowmodbr/downloads/detail?name=smbr-2.3b7-overclock-pack.zip
    Older kernel: http://code.google.com/p/shadowmodbr/downloads/detail?name=update-smbr-kernel-g4bc8ed0-signed.zip [slower, more stable, default]
    Newest kernel: http://code.google.com/p/shadowmodbr/downloads/detail?name=update-smbr-kernel-gafbfc43-signed.zip [faster, less stable]
    Sorry for the lack of news, but it took more time than expected to get settled on my new home.

Development will resume this weekend, so hopefully by the end of next week I will be able to get a new version out. :)

The good thing is that a lot have happened on the official 2.2 ROM and other developments, so B8 will probably be much better.
    New version, build 7:
    - Updated to AOSP master branch, hundreds of bugfixes.
    - Fixed some issues with wifi (props to nadlabak)
    - Fixed color blending issues (mostly visible on scroll glow).
    - Fixed some video recording issues, now uses h264/aac for high quality mode.
    - Some changes on APN list for Brazilian carriers.
    New version (build 6):

- More memory tuning. Now based on Google’s recommendation for low memory devices.
    - Zipaligned all Google Apps
    - Fixed light sensor (props to nadlabak)
    - Disabled 3D drawer again (will provide as a separate patch)
    - Added Nexus S wallpapers.
    - Several other bugfixes that might result in crash of the phone.

There's still a lot to be fixed, and again, memory tuning will take a while before it hits the "sweetspot". Since I do use the default launcher, it's less noticiable for me, ADW at least seems to not cope well with these releases. Might be a bug on either the ROM or ADW, I really don't know. :)
    About an hour or so, finishing the release compilation and then, just upload. :)