CM6 old thread. CM6 is now managed by Owain94, go to his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

owain94

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
But this is a port of a port for the x8 from CM6 for the HTC Hero, which has a bigger screen res.
I'll release this first once xRec is working, and then I'll reflect the changes onto an HTC WildFire CM6 rom, so that it will have native resolution

but change the density in /system/build.prop will do the job right? or am i wrong?
if it works why not the easy solution :p

Biodegradable

Dec 18, 2010
Cebu
i have edited the firmware that was uploaded in the first post and was able to make xrecovery work.. I got no errors uppon installing but always stuck at the bootanimation Floyo.. i think something is wrong with the framework-res.apk..

Contrarian

Jul 26, 2010
booted fine here (with xrecovery working) but i can't get access to adb or sdcard so it's more or less useless. I'll have to run it on linux and see if it can be recompiled, but I have a sneeking suspicion the X8 developer has added some kind of digital signature to stop people from copying his work.

Biodegradable

Dec 18, 2010
Cebu
booted fine here (with xrecovery working) but i can't get access to adb or sdcard so it's more or less useless. I'll have to run it on linux and see if it can be recompiled, but I have a sneeking suspicion the X8 developer has added some kind of digital signature to stop people from copying his work.

that should be easy to find, but even him he was not able to complete the port from hero to x8.. there should be something that we are missing, "Sony Ericsson really made a hard to crack phone"..

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
that should be easy to find, but even him he was not able to complete the port from hero to x8.. there should be something that we are missing, "Sony Ericsson really made a hard to crack phone"..

not true we need dev that know more about android like J & Z
there X10FREE got almost everything fixed by now
why can't Z help he got a mini (or pro) right?

no offense mikevhl your doing a great job but you know what i mean

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
not true we need dev that know more about android like J & Z
there X10FREE got almost everything fixed by now
why can't Z help he got a mini (or pro) right?

no offense mikevhl your doing a great job but you know what i mean

I have been working with Z but he doesn't have a mini or pro

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem

That's because your ramdisk isn't initialized, you can't use the chargemon provided with the xrecovery package.

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
i have edited the firmware that was uploaded in the first post and was able to make xrecovery work.. I got no errors uppon installing but always stuck at the bootanimation Floyo.. i think something is wrong with the framework-res.apk..

No, by making the system able to boot xrecovery you have removed lines in chargemon which were needed to extract ramdisk.tar, so it's normal that it won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts