[Q] help system wont boot only recovery

Search This thread

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Hi again all is worki g fine except lost alot of apps & widgets- voicemail, samsung hub etc., just trying to figure getting it all back on. I notice baja is faster also can't find how to increase battery but I will have to play with it. So what rom do you use?

Different ROMs add and/or remove certain apps and features, you just need to find the one that suits your needs. I personally like Biggins ROM the most but it's just my preference.

Reactions: tjmethod

tjmethod

Feb 20, 2012
Foxboro
Different ROMs add and/or remove certain apps and features, you just need to find the one that suits your needs. I personally like Biggins ROM the most but it's just my preference.

I looked up that rom and looks great especially the blue theme and do sent seem to have too much as far as tweaks. I might switch. I thought there were probably a dozen rom out there- I don't know how many there are- I never heard of this one. My only problem now is install or downloading the visual voicemail, I've found and tried to download but I get 'x App not installed'- I don't know what I'm doing wrong and how to get these back in. Any ideas?
Thanks,
TJ

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I looked up that rom and looks great especially the blue theme and do sent seem to have too much as far as tweaks. I might switch. I thought there were probably a dozen rom out there- I don't know how many there are- I never heard of this one. My only problem now is install or downloading the visual voicemail, I've found and tried to download but I get 'x App not installed'- I don't know what I'm doing wrong and how to get these back in. Any ideas?
Thanks,
TJ

You're probably going to have to move the file into the system/app folder, change permissions to match the rest of the files then reboot.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Would moving the app or apk be done on pc with Odin? Is there anywhere I can read on how to change permissions?

You just use a Root Explorer type ap and copy the file from its current location and paste it in the system/app folder then change the permissions of the apk to match the other files. Just long press on the file and select "change permissions" once the file has been moved. They should be like this file:

Screenshot_2014-07-14-14-59-32.png

tjmethod

Feb 20, 2012
Foxboro
You just use a Root Explorer type ap and copy the file from its current location and paste it in the system/app folder then change the permissions of the apk to match the other files. Just long press on the file and select "change permissions" once the file has been moved. They should be like this file:

Screenshot_2014-07-14-14-59-32.png

Well I dl'd root file explorer and found the files I wanted to change also found the system clicked on it then found the app file opened it up and saw all the apk's etc. When I click on copy and checked the app folder and then paste it wanted to rename 'app'. I got confused and didn't do anything at that point that's going mess things up?

tjmethod

Feb 20, 2012
Foxboro
Well I dl'd root file explorer and found the files I wanted to change also found the system clicked on it then found the app file opened it up and saw all the apk's etc. When I click on copy and checked the app folder and then paste it wanted to rename 'app'. I got confused and didn't do anything at that point that's going mess things up?

Update, I was able to copy and paste Samsung Apps, change permissions and install but not Verizon visual voicemail apk so I think there is something wrong with the file

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you I am downloading it as we speak. Will I be able to boot up in baja rom or only stock?. Notorious 3 had told me originally "yes you can install the NC2 tar as these instruction are specifically for users who are on NC4 OTA". Doe he mean to install custom roms or can I install or flash custom roms with the full NC4 tar?. Ireally appreciate your help-

Once you boot into the stock NC4 ROM root it with TowelRoot, install SU, BusyBox and SS 3.75. Boot into SS and install BAJA ROM then before rebooting go into download mode through SS and flash the file in the link below.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358551261
    Thanks once again, my only other question is how to find baja rom at that point?- go to xda and download it to the phone?

Yeah, just download it and when you boot into SS browse to the download folder and it will be there.
    Thanks alot! the phone booting up

Great, I'm glad we got it working. Have fun!! Don't worry about the donation, just hit the thanks button a few times. :laugh:
    Hi no hadn't wiped all that since doing a factory reset days ago but I will try that- should I redownload the rom to install? So what's you name and what devices do you have? Everything I have is Samsung

You don't need to redownload it. You should wipe everything but the Micro SDcard whenever you install a new ROM. You won't have the errors once you wipe everything and install the ROM again.
    Hi again all is worki g fine except lost alot of apps & widgets- voicemail, samsung hub etc., just trying to figure getting it all back on. I notice baja is faster also can't find how to increase battery but I will have to play with it. So what rom do you use?