[ROM][Updated 10.28.11]viperROM v.2.2 | OC Daemon, viperControl Script, and more!

Search This thread

Dchibro

Jul 28, 2011
San Diego, CA
He may have got an iPhone but he is still developing for android, just not this phone anymore.

I believe he left this forum because too many n00bs requesting **** and expecting updates.

Naw I doubt it. I think he found modding Samsung phones to be boring or something. He likes working on HTCs better. He also went balls deep with the Asus Transformer Prime. Anyhoo, I stopped following him on Twitter when he said something I didn't care for but that I can't even remember now lol.

Ah well, seems like a nice enough guy.

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
I left this thread open on the off chance anyone still used this ROM. At this point, I'm assuming no one else really does. I didn't enjoy the Samsung scene and I much prefer the development side of HTC. I do work on the Prime a little bit too, ROM on the way after vacation.

Sorry for not continuing development.

digweed4me

Oct 22, 2010
dallas, tx
I left this thread open on the off chance anyone still used this ROM. At this point, I'm assuming no one else really does. I didn't enjoy the Samsung scene and I much prefer the development side of HTC. I do work on the Prime a little bit too, ROM on the way after vacation.

Sorry for not continuing development.

He is back by the time he comes back from vacation it will be all ics rom .
More the merrier

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

patrao_n

Dec 17, 2010
san diego
no need to be sorry for not continuing viper boy. btw I love your from for the 3d. I have it running on my evo and my girls evo. thanks!

Gibsonusa

Nov 16, 2010
Auburn W.A.
Yeah your 3d rom is dope. Only one I ever used but I traded to this phone and am on blazer. Girl is on 3d viper still. Thank you for your work and don't take a carnival cruise for vacation lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

euphoria

Jan 21, 2012
Pacific NW
Thats too bad I really enjoyed this ROM...

Well thanks for everything you have done! At the end of the day if your not having fun with something, why should you do it!

Good luck in your future endeavors and thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, finally got my E4GT and got a ROM put together for everyone. If anyone followed my work on the EVO 3D, I like to build for the community and user input is very important to me so please leave feedback so we can all make this ROM better!

1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png
    7.png

v.2 is an entire ROM because the apps have been optimized. I would recommend a FULL wipe (you must atleast wipe /cache, /system, and dalvik!) but you may be able to get away with not wiping /data. I wouldn't recommend it and I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ISSUES if you haven't wiped everything first!​

Update 10/28 - v.2.2 update.zip (Flash this over v.2.1 and WIPE /cache and dalvik!!)
    • Everything from v.2.1 PLUS...
    • Updated viperControl to v1.3.1
    • -- Fixed looping in OC daemon menu
    • -- Script kills virtuous_oc and restarts anytime settings change
    • -- Various code enhancements
    • Fixed freezing when holding Home and tapping Task Manager
    • Added UA settings in Browser
    • virtuous_oc set to ondemand by default
    • Ondemand governor tweaks for battery life
    • 21viperrom init.d script will tweak conservative or ondemand on boot automatically depending on what your default awake governor is set to
    • Download from HERE - md5: 3a128d33c28866c34c0816c7b37248f5

Update 10/26 - v.2.1 update.zip (Flash this over v.2!)
    • Updated viperControl to v1.3
    • -- Checks for root at start of script
    • -- GPU overclock
    • -- Permissions fix on scheduler init.d file
    • Shortened proximity sensor delay to wake screen when on call
    • Added Polaris Office (if you can't find it in GO Launcher, open app drawer, Menu > Sort > Alphabetically (might already be checked) > OK)
    • New Battery calibration script - read about it HERE (thanks seo)
    • More tweaks conservative governor for battery life
    • Added Comfortaa and Roboto font (Settings > Display > Screen Display > Font)
    • Muted camera capture noise and video record noise (will remove focus sounds in v.3)
    • Download from HERE - md5: 5c071f363862466eee44087905d22a53

Planned for v.3
    • Power options
    • Lockscreens
    • Kill all camera sounds
    • Update TB
    • Fulfill Google Code Issues

Update 10/21 - v.2
    • All apps optimized with mx0 compression (more free RAM) and PNGOpt
    • Screen Off CRT animation
    • Battery percentages in 1% increments
    • Hacked Hotspot (3G only) (thanks Necrosan!)
    • Modified SystemUI.apk for 1x (thanks nivron and Orionstein)
    • ROM now puts viperROM folder in internal memory (emmc)
    • Updated vC to v1.2
    • -- Added quick option to restore all TouchWiz files
    • -- Renamed bloat option to "App Manager"
    • -- Fixed error with governor settings
    • -- Code cleanup
    • Downgraded to Market 3.1.5 to fix paid app download issue
    • Added VoiceRecorder to /sdcard/viperROM/removed_apps
    • Added VoiceSearch to /sdcard/viperROM/apps
    • No bloat left in ROM!
    • More bloat removed from this build (put in /sdcard/viperROM/removed_apps)
    • -- File Transfer Client, File Transfer Manager, File Transfer Server, Task
    • -- Manager, Social Hub, Swype, and All TouchWiz Widgets
    • Removed bootup sound
    • Download from HERE - md5: a740f194e7d30f1bd3181f9436eda845

Update 10/19 - v.1 update.zip (Flash this over v.1!)
    • Adds new viperControl v1.1 - fixes governor selection issue and removed apps restore
    • Adds Calculator and Calendar back into ROM
    • Update available HERE - md5: 161762e1882e62c4f0aa6275e0c21bf4

Update 10/18 - v.1
    • EG30 Deodexed No-CIQ Base (thanks AbsolutZeroGI)
    • Updated kernel to LoStKernel 1.0.0.4 (thanks chris41g)
    • Tweaked conservative govornor for better battery life
    • Added virtuous_oc daemon (thanks Team Unity) (starts on boot, recommended not to use SetCPU - see 2nd post!)
    • --Changed virtuous_oc files to work with E4GT
    • ----Screen Off 200/500 (conservative) | Screen On 200/1200 (conservative)
      [*]Added viperControl from EVO 3D
    • --Fixed OC Daemon Settings in viperControl
    • --Completely reworked viperMOD to work on the E4GT
    • build.prop tweaks
    • Faster sdcard read/write speeds
    • All included apps zipaligned
    • Zipalign all new apps on boot
    • GO Launcher as default (must have another Launcher before removing!)
    • Latest GMail (2.3.5.2) and Market (3.2.0)
    • Apps added to /data:
    • --aLogcat, Car Home, Astro, Twitter, DSP Manager, Facebook, Google+, Google Videos,
    • --Google Voice, and Titanium Backup
    • Bloat removed: (found in /sdcard/viperROM/removed_apps)
    • --AllShare, BuddiesNow.apk, KiesAir, Launcher2.apk, Media Hub, Task Manager,
    • --TouchWiz Launcher and TouchWiz Widgets
    • Extra apps: (found in /sdcard/viperROM/apps)
    • --Terminal Emulator, Modded Rotating Netflix, and WiFi Tether
    • Added custom viperROM Boot Animation
    • Added Segoe font
    • Added white overscroll glow
    • Download from HERE - md5: f0562d650aa5bdc83bbbff0f9340d033

Please submit any bugs or request to the viperROM Google Code page located HERE. Please make sure to scroll down to "Labels" and choose "Phone-E4GT" when you submit it!

It has been asked to make it easier to donate for people using Tapatalk, so here it is...

http://bit.ly/n7sB9g

You are not required to donate, however, any donation is greatly apprecaited and will help me pay for school and this shiny new phone :D Thanks to anyone who has already donated, I'm very grateful!
    FAQ

Q: What makes this ROM different than all the other ROMs?
    A:
    • First and foremost, you will get the best support from the me, -viperboy-. I personally reply to almost every post and I'm always in my thread trying to help out. If you have to wait more than an hour or so for your question to be answered, that is unusual!
    • The inclusion of the OC Daemon for unprecedented battery life and performance
    • The custom viperControl script that handles the OC daemon, voltage control, removed app management and more!
    • A highly tuned system for incredible smoothness

Q: Do I really need to wipe coming from another version of viperROM?
    A: I always recommend that and that is how I test my ROMs. You may be not have any issues if you don't wipe, but you might.

Q: What is battery calibration and should I do it?
    A: Yes!! If you aren't getting wonderful battery life or you think you can do better, do it! Here is the method I have used on all of my devices and it has always done well for me: Charge the phone to 100%, wipe battery stats (from recovery, or Battery Monitor Widget can do it [Menu > Statistics]), let the phone die and then fully charge. Your next charge cycle will be much better!

What some people don't understand is that you're not calibrating the battery as you are calibrating the phone. When you wipe and do this procedure, the phone reads where the max and min voltages of the battery are so it can report battery stats accurately.

---------------------- Special Features of viperROM ----------------------

viperControl Script

vc1.png
    vc2.png
    vc3.png
    vc4.png

Currently with this script, you can:

• Adjust the OC Daemon (See below)
    • Adjust voltages (See below)
    • Manage removed apps
    • Fix permissions (when apps keep FCing)
    • Edit some features of the build.prop
    • Manage the hosts file

To access viperControl:

• Open up Terminal Emulator
    • Type "su" (without the quotes and grant it Superuser access if you haven't already)
    • Type "vc" (without the quotes)

OC Daemon

The OC daemon was created by rmk40 of Team Unity. I take no credit for the daemon, only the script I made to make it easier to work with. More information can be found here, but I will sum it up and explain the script below...

This daemon, written in C, completely eliminates the need for SetCPU and other CPU controlling apps. The daemon handles min/max frequencies for both screen on and screen off but it has one more trick up its sleeve... It can change the governor INSTANTLY depending on the screen state. I have tested it and I can tell you that it really does work instantly and I think this is going to be a great battery saver! I have set default values within the ROM as follows: Screen Off - conservative @ 192min/486max and Screen On - ondemand @ 192min/1188max. Using these settings, I get NO lag. Battery life is amazing, over 19+ hours for me with moderate usage!

If you decide that you want to change the settings of the daemon, here is how you do so...

• Open up Terminal Emulator
    • Type "su" (without the quotes and grant it Superuser access if you haven't already)
    • Type "vc" (without the quotes)
    • Enter "1" (without the quotes) and you will see all of your options

All the settings can be edited from there. If you want to verify that this is working, you can run these commands from adb shell:

Current CPU frequency
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

Current CPU governor
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Current min CPU Freq (you will see this change when the screen state changes)
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

Current max CPU Freq (you will see this change when the screen state changes)
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

The script is pretty good for now and I will eventually incorporate it into a large script exclusive to my ROM. However, here are a few things that you need to know about the script...

• The phone will boot up and detect if you're using SetCPU or other CPU apps. If you are, the daemon will be DISABLED automatically. If you aren't, the daemon will be enabled.
    • I would recommend against using SetCPU or other apps as they take up memory and the script can do pretty much everything SetCPU can, even voltages. (And damn, did that take a while to code for the Samsung kernels!)

viperMOD

You can use viperControl to adjust voltages now that I have put a special copy of the viperMOD script into vC. Please see the website in my sig for some more information, but it's pretty easy to use. The voltages on the included kernel are pretty good as they are, so you may not be able to lower by much. I just rewrote this entire code for the Samsung kernels and it worked great for me, just lemme know if you have any issues.
    MODS
    • Stock Font
    • Stock Framework [updated 10.29, now working!] (removes CRT, viperROM logo in status bar, 1x icons, and and battery percentage)
    It took a little longer than I thought, but the update is done! Please see changes in OP! I really need some feedback on battery life guys because I won't launch v3 until I see how it's going for people. Enjoy! :D
    I'm gonna try to get an update out tonight for you guys once I'm done unwinding from school :)