[Cable] USB charging cable

Search This thread

Supaiku

Oct 18, 2010
Surely its possible to know how much current is drawn from charger via the device itself? Current Widget claims to do it.

Maybe... that doesn't necessarily tell you how much the charger is offering... Battery Monitor Widget just tells you how much the phone is using/gaining net...

Reactions: biohaz55

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
I don't quite understand what you mean by the above- what makes it 2 days and what results?

Charge the device for say 30 minutes with the Belkin cable and then the same for original cable. See which does it quicker/charges more out of the two.

Well I reckon the percentage is not always correct between 10-20% and 20-30% for example.... Anyway am using the belkin one right now from 6% charge..... Will return with results......

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Right I don't think the belkin is any faster than the non branded 3m ebay cable I have but will test with that another day.

6% battery to 100% took about 3hr 30 minutes....

That includes a bit of usage like whatsapp, the signal dropping and reconnecting due to the new firmware problems on the Three network..... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25570600&postcount=101

sh500

May 19, 2005
Right I don't think the belkin is any faster than the non branded 3m ebay cable I have but will test with that another day.

6% battery to 100% took about 3hr 30 minutes....

That includes a bit of usage like whatsapp, the signal dropping and reconnecting due to the new firmware problems on the Three network..... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25570600&postcount=101

Isn't 3hr 30 mins good? My original cable takes about that time. That's without using the device.

I just thought the One X takes longer to charge. My Desire used to be fairly quick.

Supaiku

Oct 18, 2010
Isn't 3hr 30 mins good? My original cable takes about that time. That's without using the device.

I just thought the One X takes longer to charge. My Desire used to be fairly quick.

It seems to be the case. At first I was worried, then I realized that they're all like that.

twe69

Dec 24, 2008

To be honest I normally have had my phone on charge overnight so it's ready in the morning for me.

Will install battery monitor widget but read this so will use the mA corrections

NB:
- NOT all phones report accurate mA - Check app web-site for more information
- The app displays the % remaining, voltage and temperature data reported by Android OS
- HTC One X reports incorrect mA during standby, use mA corrections for better results
- Android battery stats have nothing to do with % calculations

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
OK some results:

Linked Belkin 2m cable from ebay
+566mA
+403mA
+554mA
+456mA

12% 16:23 - 17% 16:36 = 5% increase in 13 minutes

Cheap 3m no named usb cable from ebay
+326mA
+306mA
+362mA
+341mA

7% 16:06 - 12% 16:23 = 5% increase in 17 minutes

Obviously the above is not the best way of testing it and results will vary, but glad the Belkin cable is a better quality product.

I do not have the HTC original usb cable with me but will bring it to work tomorrow and give you some results and update this post.

mA results were just noted from the Battery Monitor Widget every now again when I woke the screen up.

sh500

May 19, 2005
I did a quick check with my original cable and it seems to average 630 mA. So your Belkin figures seem pretty good.

canna666

Jul 15, 2011
I need a longer charging cable, because the one that come in the box is painfully short. Can anyone help me? not sure which one I need

thanks

I'm using Sony Ericsson xperia x10 cable it costs £2.50 with delivery from eBay, not had any problems just a longer cable :) pm if you want eBay link

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Ripley

Apr 23, 2012
Use Battery Monitor to measure charge, I just found a Samsung charger and took a reading
51992101-45d2-f8ba.jpg

dusturn

Dec 9, 2009
So, we figured out that charging time/performance depends a) on the charger output current and b) on the cable current resistence.

The question now is: do you know any specific non-HTC mini usb charging cable capable of +-1000 mA with more than 1,5m? I'm also searching for one! Thanks

captaineos

Oct 28, 2010
Charging Stress

Hi All

I've been using a 3 metre usb extension cable for over 2 years to charge my HTC Desire HD with great success.

One X arrives today and it even warned me saying the battery is discharging despite being plugged in.

I have meticulously checked the mode and it is 'AC' mode and the DHD charged just fine.

In Australia I *know* whats out there in retail shops and it is just the eBay junk.

I need help finding A) AC Charger that wont buckle under like the THREE I have tried tonight and B) 2 or 3 metre USB cable that is high quality

Pyrope

Jul 4, 2012
I bought two 1m USB cables from ebay for $1 each including postage.

They stink.

They don't seem to deliver any current at all (battery monitor still saids negative), I can use them to transfer stuff but it's a bit jittery.

I thought for some reason USB cables would all be the same

Learnt my lesson.

Top Liked Posts