CM10 "Jelly Bean" 0.08.3

Search This thread

daedricgeek

Feb 4, 2012
Works Great !

Jelly bean is smooth and polished , just what ICS should've been ...

I wiped cache system data and restored zip and gapps (from Goo.im).

there are a few MINOR problems :
1. No root access initially - I installed superuser from play and updated binaries and got root now.
2. The settings menu lacks cyanogen settings and also the dev options for apps (which let you use long-press back to quit an app ) . Is there any hack for this ?
3. The tablet gets heated up fast . (Maybe due to backlighting)
4. Crashes whenever I go full screen in YouTube app and turn off HQ .
5. This somehow feels like the phone version of cm10. Possible to change this ?

On the plus side , mic has been working flawlessly so far for me :)

Forgive my ignorance but I was of the impression that ti ducati was turned on using a hack but backlight was forced full brightness as a result . So full HW acceleration ought to work right ? I'm wondering whether to force hw acceleration in settings.

Kudos to Kuzma , chrmhoffman, and buawaks among others for their hard work so far . :)

Sent from my NookTablet using xda premium

TheForceUnleashed

Feb 11, 2012
Louisiana
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
There are no cyanogen settings as they have not been implemented yet.

YouTube does not work as Ducati does not work and Flash does not work in 4.1.

There is basically no way to change the phone version as Google announced that 7 inchers and below use the phone version.

HW accleration does not work because Ducati is removed and is still in testing with another kernel by Kuzma.

bigbug2428

Nov 14, 2009
Lol mine has been rebooting and giving me a black screen while I'm playing with it. Plugged in for 6 hours charging, wake it up and i get a black screen.

Sent from Outer Space
Mine is Ok but SoD, sometime giving a black screen while i'm playing apps or use the mics.
trying to reinstall again but seem still the same.
Thanks for bringing JB to my Nook!

Last edited:

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
That's exactly the "random crash bug" - though we suspect there might be a few unrelated reasons for these.
I've got impression that the most often it does crash when screen is turning on or soundcard is used. Could you confirm it? Tbh we got no closer clues what might cause these crashes so we need some input data.

Ahh the mic works perfectly and I'm not having any kerel crashes (thank goodness!). Thanks you guys, keep up the great work.

Could you confirm it that it completely doesn't crash for 99.99% sure? Also could you tell us your board revision (printed by CyanoBoot in top-left corner)?

Last edited:

Nark.GA60

Feb 2, 2011
Canberra
Funny thing. When I had not installed anything on the Nook (only logged in), I did not get the black screen. It was only after I started installing apps that it happened.

wire103

Aug 12, 2009
Aarhus
Kernel bootloop

Hi,

Great job on CM10/JB so far! I have been running CM9 on my NT for a while, and thought I'd take the plunge on JB 0.02.

Downloaded 0.02 from OP, gapps-jb-20120711. Booted into recovery, did a nandroid backup, wiped unit, installed 0.02 .zip and then jb-apps.zip.

When I boot, I get the updated CyanoBoot which now shows charging/not charging status and battery in upper left corner, as well as MB version PVT.

Then I get a quick flash of all screen white, then black. Unit then reboots. Sometimes I just get the CM9 boot animation start, sometimes the arrow in the circle moves a bit, then freeze and reboot. Most of the time, it reboots before the animation, after the white/black screen flash.

I have tried wiping again, and just reflashing the 0.02 .zip, but no change. I have booted with and without the SD-card inserted, no change.

Have anyone seen this?

I can do the serial console mod and get the output if that helps, but I must be overlooking something - I can't be the only one with this problem?

Mechapanda

Oct 3, 2010
Newbury Park
That's exactly the "random crash bug" - though we suspect there might be a few unrelated reasons for these.
I've got impression that the most often it does crash when screen is turning on or soundcard is used. Could you confirm it? Tbh we got no closer clues what might cause these crashes so we need some input data.

Could you confirm it that it completely doesn't crash for 99.99% sure? Also could you tell us your board revision (printed by CyanoBoot in top-left corner)?

mine never makes any noise yet it black screens on me constantly, even while charging

Sent from Outer Space

Mechapanda

Oct 3, 2010
Newbury Park
Mine never makes any noise yet it black screens on me constantly, even while charging. I don't even run any apps in the foreground other than a launcher and it still does it.

I do believe that the black screen bug isn't a crash as i can let my screen time-out then turn it back on again and the screen stays black, multiple times. It could possibly be related to the screen being on in the first place, but not in the act of being turned on. It's gone black on me most of the time while my screen was on. It's also restarted on me multiple times while streaming Google music with the screen off.

Sent from Outer Space

miniblue

Sep 5, 2010
The Woodlands, Texas
Same here. Then I used my SD card CWM' wiped and is has been running half an hour. Used titanium to bathe restore apps, redid widgets.

Seem fine to me.

Just about to go back to CWM to make a backup.

Bill

Nark.GA60

Feb 2, 2011
Canberra
Funny thing. When I had not installed anything on the Nook (only logged in), I did not get the black screen. It was only after I started installing apps that it happened.
I need to clarify. Seems I was wrong.

I have two Nooks and had finished flashing and setting up one. The other was only flashed an logged on. The first one black screens constantly and the second one hasn't done it once. I have now set up the second one (restored apps using Titanium Backup) and it still doesn't black screen.

Perhaps there's a hardware difference somehow? I've always noticed that one boots faster than the other, maybe there's not as headroom on the CPU (I might try underclocking for a bit to see).

Is there a way I can check to see if there are any hardware differences between the two? I know my way around Linux but not so good with Android.

Also, mine seems to black screen when I turn it on. It seems like the screen is working but nothing is displayed. The backlight will turn off the same way the lockscreen times out. In fact, if I touch the screen, it will delay the backlight turning off.

Anyway, anything I can do to give hints, just let me know. For now, I'll try underclocking to see if there's a difference.

SilentStormer

Jan 28, 2012
The land of no-iPhones
Hi,

Great job on CM10/JB so far! I have been running CM9 on my NT for a while, and thought I'd take the plunge on JB 0.02.

Downloaded 0.02 from OP, gapps-jb-20120711. Booted into recovery, did a nandroid backup, wiped unit, installed 0.02 .zip and then jb-apps.zip.

When I boot, I get the updated CyanoBoot which now shows charging/not charging status and battery in upper left corner, as well as MB version PVT.

Then I get a quick flash of all screen white, then black. Unit then reboots. Sometimes I just get the CM9 boot animation start, sometimes the arrow in the circle moves a bit, then freeze and reboot. Most of the time, it reboots before the animation, after the white/black screen flash.

I have tried wiping again, and just reflashing the 0.02 .zip, but no change. I have booted with and without the SD-card inserted, no change.

Have anyone seen this?

I can do the serial console mod and get the output if that helps, but I must be overlooking something - I can't be the only one with this problem?

Yeah I did that too. But you have to realize that neither of us actually did the installation instructions from the OP. Try restoring your nandroid, taking a deep breath, and them following the directions exactly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Mechapanda

Oct 3, 2010
Newbury Park
Yeah I did that too. But you have to realize that neither of us actually did the installation instructions from the OP. Try restoring your nandroid, taking a deep breath, and them following the directions exactly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

There were directions to follow? :3
All i did was grab the zips off goomanager, rebooted into the twrp recovery i have on there, flashed with a wipe, and i've just been patient

But that's assuming you aren't first getting to the device and don't need the bootable cwm from the sdcard
Sent from Outer Space

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
^ True that
Data please! Also there's shiny text in upper left corner when you bootup, telling what board revision you got there. This one is crucial and first thing I'd like to know, second is, of course output of "adb shell dmesg".

ae1990

Jan 6, 2012
rancho cucamonga
Cyanaboot shows pvt | 1g/16g

And like posted a few pages previous every single time I use the mic it crashes the kernel. Every time I stream music it crashes the kernel. And every time I watch YouTube it gives me about 2-3 minutes then crashes and screams at me. How ever I have only had the black screen with back light on a few times. And non reproducable because its been random. Also noticed and I believe its not an issue with the ROM but when my battery drops below 15% the screen develops a mind of its own becoming in responsive to my input and rather dictating its own behavior. Wish I could help more that's all I got right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10 "Jelly Bean" for
    Nook Tablet
    Alpha 0.08.3 Release
    “Seriously, Don’t Try To Sell This... You’ll Really, REALLY Regret It” Edition​

Hey all,

So once again it’s time. Introducing the first alpha development preview of CyanogenMod 10 (based on Jelly bean) for the BN Nook Tablet, aka codename: “acclaim”. This preview for the internal “emmc” storage is intended only for developers as it is in a very early development stage and not all features of the device are fully working.

Let’s emphasize that-- THIS IS AN ALPHA, RELEASED FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH AND GET A SENSE OF WHAT’S TO COME. AND SOME THINGS DON’T WORK. REALLY. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING CLOSE TO PERFECTION, WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER, LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR AN HOUR OR SO, THEN COME BACK. MORE EXCITING DISCLAIMERS/WARNINGS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS CAN BE FOUND BELOW. READ THEM.

Also...

If you have troubles and post to this form, please indicate if you use 16GB (1GB RAM) or 8GB (512 MB RAM) model.

WHAT WORKS
    3.0 kernel (mostly works, thx to Kuzma)
    display
    touchscreen
    new “CyanoBoot” menu bootloader (thanks to rebellos for most recent enhancements)
    accelerometer
    data statistics
    additional kernel tweaks/improvements/history
    bootcount/battery updates & other acclaim peculiarities addressed
    sound
    video acceleration
    hwcomposition
    microphone (does it still crash kernel?)

WHAT DOESN’T WORK
    - crashes (random reboots - less frequent though)
    - battery drain (got also somewhat better)

SUPPORT

You get none. Zero. Zip. We obligate ourselves to providing nothing further. You are on your own and will have to help each other via this thread. This is provided “as-is”, and if you don’t like it... there is always stock and CM7.

We basically lack time to give full dedication to this rom, and we’re looking for skilled devs who know the OMAP4 platform, Android, and/or other things that might be relevant.

Please join us on IRC: some people are on #nook-tablet (freenode).

BUG REPORTS

This is the format for a bug report: “XXXXX isn’t working. Here is how to fix it: [INCLUDE SOLUTION]” Don’t have source? Too bad. You’ll have to wait then.

If you report bugs, please don’t be disappointed if we can’t fix them immediately (or even never). It’s not because we don’t care, but because we don’t have time or don’t know how to fix it.

NOTE: DEVELOPERS WANTED. Please contact us if you are a developer with something to contribute.

INSTALLATION:
    Prepare a “bootable” clockworkmod (CWM) recovery SD. There are instructions for doing this in other threads on XDA.
    Download a recovery.img (e.g. from CM9) and the update.zip files at the end of this post to your computer from the link below.
    Boot into a recovery SD for acclaim and use it to install the update.zip file. Warning: It should overwrite the contents of your emmc, including the stock installation or other operating systems.
    From ClockworkMod. perform CWM wipe data and cache (or “restore factory settings”) to clear previous content from those partitions. Again, you will be erasing anything you had on those partitions.
    Remove the SD card and select the reboot option. You should now boot into CM10.

At this point, Fattire’s CyanoBoot bootloader can be used to flash recovery.img to the internal mmc.

To install CWM to emmc, download the recovery.img file from CM9 thread and do the following:
    Download and install fastboot for your computer’s operating system.
    Boot the device and hold the “n” key to get into the cyanoboot menu
    From the menu, choose “Enable Fastboot”
    On your computer, run: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.

EMMC? IS THERE AN SD VERSION?

Of course it won’t be hard to do, but don’t look for an SD bootable version from us any time soon. EMMC is our thing, dig?

RETURNING TO STOCK (THEORETICAL-- THIS MAY NOT WORK)

If you have installed above rom and the CWM recovery and you really hate it and want to go back to stock, you may wish to try to flash the original acclaim_update.zip from BN. You have to unzip that file and edit META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script. Drop the first two lines here:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "blaze" ||
    getprop("ro.build.product") == "blaze");

Zip the package again. Then go to CWM, flash the zip, wipe, and reboot.

THANKS TO...

chrmhoffmann, hashcode, kuzma, fattire, rebellos, mik_os, nemith, Texas Instruments, BN, and so many others, especially those who helped test cyanoboot.

A special shout out to Bauwks is also in order, who defeated the malevelant locked bootloader with some serious geniusness.

0.08.3:

Changelog:- latest kernel (should roll back the reboot issues). Thanks to kuzma30- CM upstream sync
    The files:

cm10-acclaim-0.08.3-full-of-bugs.zip
    recovery-0.08.3.img

md5sums:c5fe2a891f3636838da5c1c3a0790cde cm10-acclaim-0.08.3-full-of-bugs.zip554647479d592411779f342d6977e709 recovery-0.08.3.img

-----------------
    Older releases:

0.08.2:
    - attempt to fix reboot issues differently (cpuidle44xx sync with omap TI kernel and workaround by mik_os/kuzma30. Should maybe also result in a better battery life. Please observe. Thx to both!)
    - other kernel fixes: emif from nook hd, IPU deep idle, io tweaks, new governors, etc (thx to mik_os, kuzma30, hashcode). For full kernel change list, please look at kernel source here: https://github.com/Kuzma30/kernel3NookTablet/commits/jellybean.
    - cm10 upstream sync

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.08.2-full-of-bugs.zip
    recovery-0.08.2.img

MD5:
    aad0ea1525702f6ed4a8071114daf1ec cm10-acclaim-0.08.2-full-of-bugs.zip
    e3cea44fe918560d4780e9e739349227 recovery-0.08.2.img

0.08.1:
    - touchscreen driver kernel fix (thanks to mik_os, see here)
    - fix reboot into recovery (you also need to flash recovery.img to make this work: fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery-0.08.1.img)
    - CM10 upstream sync

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.08.1-full-of-bugs.zip
    recovery-0.08.1.img
    MD5:
    d00c14c2fc18c3afcd176defef8c2002 recovery-0.08.1.img
    4d724adaf878490b8a068d8c4339e2cc cm10-acclaim-0.08.1-full-of-bugs.zip

0.08:
    - touchscreen firmware updater app (many, many thanks to mik_os). Handle with care! If you flash back to stock or other roms, remember to flash touch firmware to stock first!)
    - kernel updates (mainly drivers taken from Nook HD: many thanks to mik_os, kuzma.)
    - cm10 upstream sync

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.08-full-of-bugs.zip
    recovery-0.08.img
    MD5:
    5ec4e09e5050d6f75d625674e953b406 cm10-acclaim-0.08-full-of-bugs.zip
    868f73098207dab46a5c39f93341e92b recovery-0.08.img

Changelog:
    - pvr graphics driver update (IMG DDK 1.9@2166536)
    - minor kernel changes (check history and contributors at https://github.com/Kuzma30/kernel3NookTablet/commits/jellybean)
    - cm10 upstream sync

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.07.1-full-of-bugs.zip
    recovery-0.07.1.img
    MD5:
    dcb0e1b4e980f31ca2fceb105727a9ef cm10-acclaim-0.07.1-full-of-bugs.zip
    495f89ac4719af8066ddd21369037c47 recovery-0.07.1.img

Changelog:
    - new touchpad driver: a huge thanks to mik_os! This rom and kernel works with newer fw found in other threads here - I personally haven't tried it though. Please beware that upgrading touch firmware might make it impossible to return to stock BN roms. The new driver also fixes issues previously seen in some games (temple run, etc)
    - microphone xml config files: does it still crash the kernel?
    - cm 10 upstream fixes

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.07-full-of-bugs.zip
    MD5:
    ee2e43591272818a2d9bd65507f580d4 cm10-acclaim-0.07-full-of-bugs.zip

Changelog:
    - slightly better screen init (less white flashes on suspend/resume and full bootanim). Not perfect yet, though.
    - CM10 upstream sync

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.06.1-full-of-bugs.zip
    MD5:
    5f2411fcf4e72105cc9badef89cb922b cm10-acclaim-0.06.1-full-of-bugs.zip

0.06 (starts to incorporate Android 4.1.2 changes)
    Changelog:
    - wifi (potential compatibility fixes as described here: https://github.com/loosethisskin/an...mmit/59edc9b57f63d92c228142a026b6ff1ceb6eca8b. Thx to meghd00t.)
    - upstream sync with cyanogenmod (4.1.2 as of 10-10-2012)

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.06-full-of-bugs.zip
    MD5:
    2025d35034c50ea8f93413347365aca3 cm10-acclaim-0.06-full-of-bugs.zip

Changelog:
    - enable smartreflex (voltage calibration - does this save some power?)
    - update SGX
    - JellyBean power HAL (thx to Hashcode)
    - sync with CM10
    - new attempt to fix reboot (cpuidle code from SGSII - device should go into deep sleep again, but reboots ... are they fixed? Guess not.)

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.05.3-full-of-bugs.zip
    MD5:
    4ca4fb6f224237db8af19d78b19fc05f cm10-acclaim-0.05.3-full-of-bugs.zip

Changelog:
    - attempt to work around random reboots
    (this seems to break proper "deep sleep" as it seems CPU_IDLE related)
    - disable a (hopefully) unused regulator (VUSIM)
    - dont make the display flash white on startup
    - cyanogenmod upstream sync

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.05.2-full-of-bugs.zip

MD5:
    c5835e6da0aff502ded12187d050c621 cm10-acclaim-0.05.2-full-of-bugs.zip

0.05.1:
    Changelog:
    - new attempt for 512MB devices for hw video decoding (aka ducati) - thanks to diimka, rebellos.
    - less noisy dmesg
    - newer su and persistent settings - thanks to meghd00t.
    - recovery - thanks to meghd00t, ajayramaswamy.
    - IP_NF_RAW - thanks to meghd00t.
    - cm10 upstream sync - thanks to the CM folks :)

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.05.1-full-of-bugs.zip
    recovery-0.05.1.img

MD5:
    ff8254c2fc19f23d02d31cb9eaff0bdf cm10-acclaim-0.05.1-full-of-bugs.zip
    0694405ebc452fde673d7e05d1467a5d recovery-0.05.1.img

Thanks as usual: hashcode, rebellos and kuzma30 (they do an __incredible__ job)

0.05:
    - updated sgx, wifi
    - video hw decoding (aka ducati). Incredible work from: rebellos, ntemis, hashcode, TI (esp. from diimka) and many others. Please report back if it works also on 512MB devices.
    - hwcomposition. Incredible work from hashcode.
    - cm10 upstream sync

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.05-full-of-bugs.zip

(recovery is still broken, so please use older ones or use one from the CM9 thread).

MD5:
    2850631a56c6c617c5c917e9515fbfb7 cm10-acclaim-0.05-full-of-bugs.zip

0.04.2:
    Changelog:
    - updated wifi driver
    - cm10 synced with upstream

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.04.2-full-of-bugs.zip

(recovery is still broken, so please use older ones or use one from the CM9 thread).

MD5:
    5d87970c76c4971a14087b6374c9d4c6 cm10-acclaim-0.04.2-full-of-bugs.zip

0.04.1:
    Changelog (aka "fixed"):
    - updated SGX driver
    - update kernel trying to avoid crashes (thx to rebellos, hashcode), but not successful (random reboots remain)
    - sdcard issues after suspend fixed
    - USB mount both internal and sdcard (thx to pawitp)
    - should also consume less power and sleep deeper
    - re-enabled brightness driver
    - CM10 upstream changes

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.04.1-full-of-bugs.zip
    Recovery 0.04.1 removed as it doesn't work (use recovery-0.03.img instead)

MD5:
    9335459d3bd3fe56e934b67a90f88039 recovery-0.04.1.img

0.03:
    Changelog (aka "fixed"):
    - updated wifi and SGX driver
    - update kernel trying to avoid crashes (thx to rebellos changes), but not really successful (random reboots seem to remain).
    - CM10 upstream changes
    - recovery img added
    - cyanoboot updates for fastboot improvements

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.03-full-of-bugs.zip
    recovery-0.03.img

MD5:
    5f43b92b836b90df2bc5d9bd1e4bc969 recovery.img
    f89e19f31ac6f6f11b3fc6fe53475ca1 cm10-acclaim-0.03-full-of-bugs.zip

0.02:
    Changelog (aka "fixed"):
    - sound / mic (but mic seems to crash kernel)
    - su binary missing (thx hashcode)
    - rotation animation (see http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/19182/)
    - some typos in cyanoboot (thx fattire/rebellos)
    - usb mass storage is default (mtp works also), but only sdcard (not emmc shows up)
    - chrome did not show up in market

The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.02-full-of-bugs.zip
    MD5:
    5514a0eb67985975748444b0c17934b1 cm10-acclaim-0.02-full-of-bugs.zip

Older releases:

0.01:
    The Files:
    cm10-acclaim-0.01-full-of-bugs.zip
    MD5:
    95c3eac13d133feb1ebcf62817d6d866 cm10-acclaim-0.01-full-of-bugs.zip
    new version...

Hi all,

new version released. Please grab it... And click Thanks! I still haven't reached 1k thx :)

Rgds,
    Chris
    Chris,
    First and foremost, 'thank you ! ! ! ' for all your hard work. I read today there is a new base, 4.1.2 out and already being used. It supposed to have new features and bug fixes. Just a fyi . . .

Hi,

0.06 is synced with todays CM10 that should AFAIK have 4.1.2 changes. At least version number has bumped up. Enjoy.

Rgds,
    Chris
    The problem is that we don't have an original 3.0 kernel nor do we have schematics of the board. Kuzma30 made very good initial progress on kernel, Rebellos, mikos, Hashcode and myself found and corrected some issues, but...

If I might add that we don't seem to be omap hw experts, so please help if you're knowledgeable .....

The kernel has some issues, but we don't know how to resolve them. Other than that the device works kind of OK (reasonably fast, etc) I think.

Outstanding issues:
    - random reboots (main issue: we don't know reason, CPU_IDLE switch off made it better for me, but some users still seem to have problems. Please provide more feedback :) )
    - power management (main issue: no board schematics, lack of omap knowledge :) )
    - microphone ( I know about XML file, but using it makes kernel crash also)
    - some games don't respond to touchscreen fast enough ? (not sure if this is kernel or hal or other user space problem)

Chris

Forgot to mention, that we're all part-timers. This eats lots of weekends already :)

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using xda app-developers app

Hi,

i made above release to the usual place but I have not tested it yet as I am currently on 10.1. Please try it out.

Changelog:
    - latest kernel (should roll back the reboot issues). Thanks to kuzma30
    - CM upstream sync

Downloads:
    http://goo.im/devs/chrmhoffmann/cm10/

md5sums:
    c5fe2a891f3636838da5c1c3a0790cde cm10-acclaim-0.08.3-full-of-bugs.zip
    554647479d592411779f342d6977e709 recovery-0.08.3.img

I don't think that I will do another 10.0 release as the 10.1 from kuzma30 is very good and usable.

Have a good christmas and new year or whatever you celebrate.

Rgds,
    Chris