[ROM][SCH-I605][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Search This thread

Amin Sabet

Aug 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Re: [ROM][SCH-I605][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

I don't know if it's the latest updates to this ROM or switching to Kejar's Basic Kernel, but my battery life has been much improved today, and Android OS is no longer the primary battery consumer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Unfortunately even with the new builds and Kejar's kernel, I was still seeing really poor battery life with Android OS and Android System being very high. Really no clue what's going on with that.

At least the kejars kernel fixes all the annoying graphics problems for now, even if it does come at the cost of a memory leak. I reboot daily so no harm done.

scott_65

Jun 13, 2012

My day isn't nearly over, but this will give you an idea. 9 or 10 hours of moderate/heavy use and still have 3/4 of my battery left. I'm very satisfied after coming from a droid RAZR that had to be plugged in half way through the day

Edit: It won't let me upload the picture, what's the trick?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
Noticed the Linaro commits posted by aeroevan on CM's gerrit last night.. went ahead and added them to my local build and compiled CM10.1 with standard GCC 4.6 but with the build set to O3.. Today I went ahead and compiled CM10.1 with both GCC 4.7 and O3 although the kernel would it's self only compile with Linaro GCC 4.6.. Will share if anyone is interested :p

Last edited:

janderson2k

May 2, 2008
Albany NY
I am so excited about this build.. First phone I have had that received early CM support. As soon as the Bluetooth incall audio issue is fixed I AM ON THE WAGON!

THANKS CM TEAM!

zZDave_Stud

Aug 12, 2011
Pennsylvania

Noticed the Linaro commits posted by aeroevan on CM's gerrit last night.. went ahead and added them to my local build and compiled CM10.1 with standard GCC 4.6 but with the build set to O3.. Today I went ahead and compiled CM10.1 with both GCC 4.7 and O3 although the kernel would it's self only compile with Linaro GCC 4.6.. Will share if anyone is interested :p

Sounds pretty sweet! You should post it :D

Breezer23

Nov 20, 2009
Chicagoish

Please do, sir

txyaloo

Apr 19, 2007
That's because that's a tweaked 4.2 camera apk with necessary lib files included to make it work. And it's still glitchy.

CM doesn't officially support Photosphere the way a Nexus device does. Not yet.

I'm using the exact same zip I used on my Galaxy Nexus and other than the focus/flash issues it works fine.

I don't see why it wouldn't work on CM.

y2jdmbfan

Mar 12, 2007
Any update on GPS functionality? Mine is completely dead even with the latest nightly from today.

scott_65

Jun 13, 2012

Any update on GPS functionality? Mine is completely dead even with the latest nightly from today.

I'm running yesterday's nightly. It's probably not the test that most of you guys are doing, but I just turned on Google maps, even inside my shop with hardly any phone service. It instantly found where I was and gave me directions to the last location I typed into it a couple weeks ago

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011

Is the newest nightly the most stable so far?

scott_65

Jun 13, 2012

I guess I spoke too soon. After leaving my shop and going from WiFi to 4g, no GPS. It says I'm about a half mile (probably a very poor distance judgement) from where I actually am. And notification bar says searching for signal

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I never figured out how to upload a screenshot, says the app needs to be updated but there isn't an update available. But my battery specs last night were as follows:

12 hours operating
67% battery remaining
Screen 41%
Android OS 23%

A real phone takes 2 hands to operate. SGNote deuce.

Hey guys.

I have done some reading and am very confused with the situation I am in right now. I flashed a nightly a while back and it worked great, but the battery drain was too much so I nandroided back to rooted stock (which I have been running for quite some time). After I restored I flashed the restore storage zip and the phone works great! Now I am trying to flash another nightly and every time I do my internal sdcard is not recognized. I go back into recovery, and my internal is still intact. From this point I restore my nandroid and flash the hack again and am back at stock again. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Some extra information.
I have been able to reproduce this issues on TWRP 2.4.1.0 and CWM 6.0.2.5
I am now running rooted stock of the latest OTA and CWM

I just flashed the latest nightly and am having the same problem.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
I'm using the exact same zip I used on my Galaxy Nexus and other than the focus/flash issues it works fine.

I don't see why it wouldn't work on CM.

I think you're confusing something here.

There's a difference between it not working on CM10.1 - and - CM10.1 not officially supporting it. You can do whatever you want with your phone. But CM cannot include Photosphere in their GAPPS as of yet. I'm sincerely hoping this changes in the near future.

fallingup

Mar 21, 2006
New Mexico
Hey guys.

I have done some reading and am very confused with the situation I am in right now. I flashed a nightly a while back and it worked great, but the battery drain was too much so I nandroided back to rooted stock (which I have been running for quite some time). After I restored I flashed the restore storage zip and the phone works great! Now I am trying to flash another nightly and every time I do my internal sdcard is not recognized. I go back into recovery, and my internal is still intact. From this point I restore my nandroid and flash the hack again and am back at stock again. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Some extra information.
I have been able to reproduce this issues on TWRP 2.4.1.0 and CWM 6.0.2.5
I am now running rooted stock of the latest OTA and CWM

I just flashed the latest nightly and am having the same problem.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Go back to your TW backup (hope you made one) and backup your contents in your internal storage. then in recovery format /data and flash CM again. should be fine.

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011

Fantastic rom guys. Got a GPS lock instantly and navigation picked up ASAP as well. Very fast and fluid ui. Well done. Very excited to see this project progress with our official cm support

clmntch

Feb 12, 2008

For those that are not having issues (GPS, nfc, mtd, Bluetooth headset...) Are you allowing your device to restore settings from your Google account on the initial setup?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

DOWNLOADS
    CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i605

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

CHANGELOG
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i605/cm10.1/next

BUG LIST
    -GPS: To get a lock using the new opensource gps use the workaround provided by Kejar: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39761558&postcount=702
    -BT Voice Search
    -5ghz wifi - seems to only work with low channels

Common t0lte issues: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...y:Known_issues
    Frequently asked Questions: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...0.1:t0lte:FAQs
    Wiki: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channel...cksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

DEAR KANGERS
    If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

SUPPORT US
    If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    cm-10.2-20130730-UNOFFICIAL-i605.zip

gapps-jb-20130726.zip

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Galaxy Note II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper, working recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
    - Copy CM10.2 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10/10.1:
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe data, we're not sure if everything will work yet.
    - Reboot

Known bugs:
    - some minor graphics glitches
    - screenshots, task switcher, electron beam, and some other minor ops
    - expect random app fc's (trebuchet, focal, etc)
    - what else?

All credit goes to CM, codeworkx, xplodwild & sbrissen!
    Im just filling in where I can while sbrissen is on a well deserved vacation. Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Progress is being made. My 10.2 builds are compiling OK now. I can flash and boot to the homescreen but anything I try to launch causes a soft reboot.
    Mine do the same and I have no cell signal. I think I messed up loading the props. Let me know if you make any progress or maybe slickrick will shine some light on the subject
    Pick these 4 commits and you should be good.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46557/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46558/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46556/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46246/
    Thank you sbrissen for developing for this awesome device and all of our donators who made it possible! None of this would have happened without you guys :)

You will lose S Pen and other Touchwiz functionality if you flash this but here is how you can get some of that functionality back!
    1. S Pen works (try out the app Papyrus as a replacement to S Note, Papyrus does utilize the S Pen button as well).
    2. Air View works (Go to settings, Language & input, check "Show icon when using stylus".
    3. The S Pen button works (Go to settings, Language & input, Stylus gestures, those all use the s pen button).
    4. Pop up browser = OverSkreen from the Google Play Store.
    5. I use the 4.2 Camera on Touchwiz anyway. There are plenty of good camera apps in the market if you want more features.
    6. Multiwindow. There is no alternative, dont ask.
    And here's some alternatives to Touchwiz apps (PM me if you want me to add something!)
    Code:
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.stickit"]Stick it! (Pop-up Player)[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clov4r.android.nil&hl=en"]MoboPlayer[/URL]- It's another very capable, free video player with floating player functionality. Plus its free!
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803284"]FloatNote[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ngarside.memo"]Memo[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steadfastinnovation.android.projectpapyrus"]Papyrus Beta[/URL]

If you want to come chat about this alpha release, join us on IRC channel #t0ltecdma on freenode.

DO NOT USE 20121011 GAPPS OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES, USE 20121212 GAPPS.

If you want to downgrade back to a 4.1.x ROM, flash the restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip attached below AFTER flashing back to 4.1.x ROM. Your storage situation will be how it was pre-CM10.1 flash. Thanks to madmack for the file.
    alright, I'm good with the phone logs. I submitted a change for speaker phone and it got merged so tonight's should have MOAR VOLUMEZ on speaker.

Still working on BT and gps.

and still looking for logs of apps where the mic isn't working.
    I'll be starting a cm10.2 thread shortly. For anyone thinking of flashing back to 10.1, not going to happen unless you do a clean install so backup first! A couple databases were updated and cannot be reverted.