[Q] Question about sdcard space and folders

Search This thread

rikku1983

May 9, 2013
Hi,
I have a question about my phone's storage.

My phone is N7100, mega-wiped by zoot's script, but after it said job is completed(total process is 1~2 sec), the screen froze, then I reboot, stuck at Galaxy Note II page so I think the mega wipe worked. Boot into download, flash N7100 Odin STOCK leaked 4.3 version (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2466405) by Odin3 v1.85

Everything looks OK but when I got into setting and check storage, the system memory took up 5.54gb. I feel that this is too much comparing to my previous experience. And when I connect my phone to computer through USB, it shows my phone has 9.91gb free out of 10.4gb, which means the 5.54gb is the system partition.
Is this normal?
And I use ES file to look into the folder system. I found
1. /sdcard is a short cut.
2. under /storage folder, there are 7 folders (emulated, extsdcard, sdcard0(short cut), UsbDriveA to F)
3. under /storage/emulated folder, there are 2 folders, 0 and legacy which both contain exactly same contents as my /sdcard folder

Firstly, are these things normal?
If not, what could be the problem? My doubt is that this has something to do with the mod swapping extsdcard and internal sd card, I might choose the option to do this when I was installing Phoenix ROM V16. I didn't remove this mod according to original thread because there is no file supposed to be deleted.... If this is the problem? Even megawipe cannot wipe this? or my mega wipe did not work well at first place (frozen screen after wiping and wiping process is so short, 1~2 sec.)? If this is the problem, how can I get rid of this and have my internal space really clean like just got out of factory?

Thanks for any imputs!!

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Hi,

My phone is N7100, mega-wiped by zoot's script, but after it said job is completed(total process is 1~2 sec), the screen froze, then I reboot, stuck at Galaxy Note II page so I think the mega wipe worked. Boot into download, flash N7100 Odin STOCK leaked 4.3 version (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2466405) by Odin3 v1.85

Everything looks OK but when I got into setting and check storage, the system memory took up 5.54gb. I feel that this is too much comparing to my previous experience. And when I connect my phone to computer through USB, it shows my phone has 9.91gb free out of 10.4gb, which means the 5.54gb is the system partition.
Is this normal?
2. under /storage folder, there are 7 folders (emulated, extsdcard, sdcard0(short cut), UsbDriveA to F)
3. under /storage/emulated folder, there are 2 folders, 0 and legacy which both contain exactly same contents as my /sdcard folder

If not, what could be the problem? My doubt is that this has something to do with the mod swapping extsdcard and internal sd card, I might choose the option to do this when I was installing Phoenix ROM V16. I didn't remove this mod according to original thread because there is no file supposed to be deleted.... If this is the problem? Even megawipe cannot wipe this? or my mega wipe did not work well at first place (frozen screen after wiping and wiping process is so short, 1~2 sec.)? If this is the problem, how can I get rid of this and have my internal space really clean like just got out of factory?

Thanks for any imputs!!

Perfectly normal (though mega wipe should take more than 2 sec)

Smack that thanks button if I helped!
Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.
P.S. replies with quotes will be replied to faster.

Reactions: rikku1983

sadeshmagic

Apr 3, 2012
Ragama
Hi,

Is this normal?

Thanks for any imputs!!

All the things youve mentioned are pretty normal....4.3 jb system does take up a lot of space....im sure you got confused....cause these things dont show up on 4.1.2 jb...anyway,,, dont worry about it :) cheers

abubakar2

Jan 4, 2014
gulbarga
app to sd

hi...
am using gt n 7100-note 2 , i installed custom rom named tigra_v4 which has all feature of note 3 but.. i wanna increase my internal memory, for installing big games n app i used redpill v1.45 to swap internal mem.. after flashing with this my phone just stop after the screen appearing "galaxy note 3" and cant start .. now i reinstalled tigra rom .. in its working... but wanna know how do i swap or increase my internal mem for a custom rom(tigra rom)..
plz fix this out ASAP

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
You can use folder mount to map folders on extsd to intsd i.e. to be used for big obb files of games or gps maps etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Is this normal?

Thanks for any imputs!!

Perfectly normal (though mega wipe should take more than 2 sec)

Smack that thanks button if I helped!
    Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
    Sent from dat small country called Singapore.
    P.S. replies with quotes will be replied to faster.
    Hi,

Is this normal?

Thanks for any imputs!!

All the things youve mentioned are pretty normal....4.3 jb system does take up a lot of space....im sure you got confused....cause these things dont show up on 4.1.2 jb...anyway,,, dont worry about it :) cheers
    You can use folder mount to map folders on extsd to intsd i.e. to be used for big obb files of games or gps maps etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium