htc droid dna cases

Search This thread

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
So I'm gonna upgrade to the HTC droid DNA in two weeks and have been trying to look for cases to buy for it. I saw a couple good ones that I'll most likely get but I'm a little bit bummed that there's not that many cases out there for the DNA.I've looked at amazon and eBay and both of them are selling about the same cases as the other kinda wish there was more selection cases for this phone..

But..all in all I'm excited to upgrade to this phone :)

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I got the one they sell at the Verizon store its pretty nice got a kickstand. I don't use the holster.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: marcviado

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
I'm really, really happy with my seido surface. It's pretty thin and doesn't hide the sleek shape of the phone, but it still protects the screen somewhat and I feel like my phone is safe using it.

Reactions: marcviado

irockthebear

Jan 27, 2013
SF
I'm thinking if getting the incipio feather case trynna look for the cheapest place I can get it though either that or the diztronic case

I have a Incipio feather in BLK FS, its in really good condition, maybe 1-2 scratches... only used it for 1-2 weeks Only $10 shipped to you b/c I just bought a red case.

Let me know! Thx!

irockthebear

Jan 27, 2013
SF
That's nice, does it come in black? Can you show pics with it on the phone?

See attached for the feather pix

Free if anyone in the Bay Area wants to teach me how to root the DNA.

I got the Seidio surface case too, I dont like the form factor as much as the Feather, the feather is more stylish IMO, the color on the Seidio is clearly superior but the case is thicker so it adds more bulk. I wish the feather came in red.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 567

John58543

Jun 6, 2010
One thing to make sure on DNA when purchasing a case is that it has a hole on back so you can see the rear notification light....a lot of cases on the market don't have the extra hole...

Sent from my DNA using xda app-developers app

krazya

Feb 8, 2013
Does anyone wirelessly charge their DNA with the case on? I have an otterbox commuter case and have zero issues other then the charging. I noticed the DNA gets hot but then I noticed the rubber inner liner of the case. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361932802205.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361932802205.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 474
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361932832971.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361932832971.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 456

[indiferenc]

Feb 28, 2013
just got the poetic palette slim case. nice fit, all the right holes (lol), very sleek. not much for protection if you drop the phone, but thats not going to happen (knock on wood)

kamkid279

Dec 12, 2010
I have the Seidio Active Case and absolutley love it. It gives you some real protection while adding some color and also offers a verticle belt clip that is compatible with the case.

I realize this case is two pieces, a silicone piece and an outer hard shell. Is this hard shell metal or plastic? This case looks amazing, I've been eyeballing the red and black one to match the phones aesthetics, but the price is kinda steep. Thanks

Also one last thing, how much space is left around the headphone jack? My headphone jack has a wide plastic surrounding that doesn't allow me to insert the headphones all the way into the port while the case is on.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

The first case I got was the Diztronic. This was an excellent case, very very snug, it looks great and provides great protection. I also use a screen protector and I found out that the Diztronic fit so snug that it pushed up the edges of the screen protector. If you cut the corners of the screen protector this can remedy this problem. Another issue I found with the Diztronic was the headphone jack. I use Shure SE215 headphones, the jack input is very wide. With the case on the headphones wouldn't stay fully inserted. I did however find it very easy to cut the case around the headphone jack to allow the input to stay seated properly.

I've moved on to the Body Glove Dropsuit, this case is awesome. Like the Diztronic, it looks great, provides superior protection, allows access to the power and volume keys very easily (almost too easy), microphone and speaker cutouts and allows me to use an edge to edge screen protector. I've been using this case for several weeks now.

Note that both the Diztronic and the Body Glove DO NOT have a cut out for the notification light on the back of the phone.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

sigshane

Seidio Surface

I got the Seidio Surface case in black (not gonna worry about photos, I'm sure several exist on here or the web), and I am overall happy with it. It fits very nicely, doesn't add a lot of bulk, and all features are visible (lights and stuff).

One thing I am very happy about is the fact that it makes the power and volume buttons a little harder(?) to press. This makes me less likely to inadvertently run the ringtone volume down to silent just by picking up the phone, and I can put it into my backpack or lunch bag without pressing the power button and turning the screen on.

One slight irritation is that it caused the screen protector - which completely covers the screen - to bubble up on the edges where the case touches the screen edge, but that is minor - I could just trim the screen protector a little, if I was so inclined...

I like this case.

- Shane

Last edited:

Symbiontsoul

Apr 21, 2009
I have the Otterbox defender. No worries about the safety of my phone. It also feels thin because it's way thinner than my old bionic case.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got the one they sell at the Verizon store its pretty nice got a kickstand. I don't use the holster.

I got the minisuit flex from amazon for about $5. I love it. Very snug fit. Barely noticeable.

I'm really, really happy with my seido surface. It's pretty thin and doesn't hide the sleek shape of the phone, but it still protects the screen somewhat and I feel like my phone is safe using it.
    I have the Seidio Active Case and absolutley love it. It gives you some real protection while adding some color and also offers a verticle belt clip that is compatible with the case.